Broken Glass

Wish You Were Here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Italics are flashback)

 

 

 

"Chaewon unnie..."

 

"Hii-chan? What are you doing here?"                             

 

"I just want to--"

 

"Unnie, I don't think this suits me."

 

Hitomi stopped her speech as a voice cut her. She turned and saw Minju's staring at her.

 

"I'm sorry!" Hitomi quickly bows down and dashes out from the room.

 

Chaewon and Minju look at each other as they are quite confused with the sudden rushed Hitomi. Not until Minju spoke out, "Unnie, don't you think you should run after her?"

 

"Huh?" Chaewon looks at Minju confusedly and immediately stands up, "Oh shoot!", as she dashes out from the room.

 

Minju just shrugs as she watches Chaewon panicked.

 

"Hii-chan!" Chaewon keeps calling for the Japanese woman as she rammed through the building.

 

"Chaewon? What are you looking for?" Yena asks as she saw Chaewon.

 

"Hitomi... Did you see Hitomi?" Chaewon quickly asks.

 

"Hitomi? Yeah... We just talked earlier. She went out to the garden," Yena says as she pointed to the door leading to the small decorated garden in the building.

 

"Thanks, unnie!" Chaewon immediately heads to the door but stopped by Yena.

 

"Something's wrong?" Yena asks with furrowed brows while her hand securely gripping on Chaewon's wrist.

 

"Nothing's wrong, unnie. I just need to see her," Chaewon assured with a smile.

 

Yena smiled as she let go of Chaewon, "Just make thing better."

 

Chaewon nods but playfully says, "Say that to yourself first, duck," and dashes away quickly from Yena.

 

Chaewon slows down as she saw the back of the head of the woman she's looking for. She slowly making way towards Hitomi as she takes a deep breath.

 

"Hii-chan?"

 

Hitomi turns her head and a surprised look is clear on her face.

 

"What are you doing here? Where's Minju?"

 

Instead of answering those questions, Chaewon asks, "Can I take the seat beside you?"

 

Without further seconds, Hitomi quickly nods as she moves a bit, making spaces for the older woman on the padded bench.

 

The two just sit there quietly as they watch the familiar scenery in front of them.

 

"Why did you run?" Chaewon asks but refused to look at Hitomi.

 

Hitomi turns her head as she heard Chaewon but look away after seeing the older woman not looking at her.

 

"Hii-chan, why did you run away earlier?" Chaewon asks again when she got no response from Hitomi.

 

"You were with Minju," Hitomi's answer was short.

 

"So?" Chaewon asks again.

 

"I don't want to disturb you. I mean, you might want to have time with her," Hitomi responds but her voice quivers at the end of her speech.

 

"Hii-chan..." Chaewon turns her head to look at Hitomi.

 

"Hmm?" Hitomi turns too and their eyes met.

 

"You're not disturbing and..." Chaewon paused as she keeps her eyes contact with Hitomi, "Having you around is better."

 

“Unnie…,” Hitomi furrows her brows, confused by only to see Chaewon laughing at her.

 

“Thing could be different, Hii-chan…,” Chaewon said to the younger woman but cannot help but giggles at Hitomi’s reaction to her words.

 

 

 

 

 

“Chaewon unnie!” Chaewon was flustered when Minju engulfed her from her back. She was doing work when the younger woman suddenly appeared unannouncedly.

 

Chaewon and Minju had been hanging out since their reconciliation and decided that it’s time for both of them to leave it behind. The most important thing was that they resolved the misunderstanding and stay as a friend.

 

When they meant stay friend, they did, close than ever. Closer than they were before—when they’re in a relationship—they found it more comfortable. But still, they argue about the things that happened when they’re still together before but with all mean, it’s nothing serious.

 

“Chaewon unnie…”

 

Chaewon turned her head and saw Minju looking at her with an unreadable expression. Chaewon did not quite used to the seriousness in their daily life—except in any operations because everyone needs to take it seriously—especially Minju who’s been giving her laughs ever since they started to hang out again.

 

“What’s wrong?” Chaewon asked with her expression turned serious, grabbing the sudden turned off of the atmosphere. They were just making jokes a few minutes ago before silence took over for a second and the sudden change of Minju.

 

“Do you love Hitomi?”

 

Chaewon tilted her head in a great confusion over Minju’s question. That was out of nowhere.

 

“What with the question, Minju?” But instead of given Minju an answer, she gave her question.

 

“Do you love Hitomi?”

 

As much as Chaewon wanted Minju to explain, she did not expect Minju to ask her the same question. Her brows knotted in questionable facial as she made eye contact with Minju.

 

“Minju, whatever inside your mind or anything possibly you want to happen between us, I really don’t—”

 

“Just answer it, unnie. It is a hard question for you?”

 

“No,” Chaewon said it with a straight face as she not believing the same clueless Minju was making a psychological effect on her.

 

“Then you should know how to answer that,” Minju simply commented before her straight-lined thin lips curved into a small smile.

 

“But I think I’ve got the answer now,” Minju continued as she winked at Chaewon and giggled.

 

Chaewon pursed her lips as she realized that Minju was playing with her—as she hoped—but surely it did mean something more. She did not answer because she was not sure what was the question for or maybe she just did not know the answer for it. Does she love Hitomi?

 

“You still thinking about it,” Minju pulled Chaewon back from her deep thought.

 

“About what?” Chaewon asked as she laid her eyes back on Minju.

 

“Hitomi.”

 

That name got Chaewon’s mind to blank out for a second.

 

“You know unnie, it’s really not a big deal if you love her. We are friends and that’s all it has to be now. I’m asking you because I’m just curious. You two were close ever since we were in a team and I still want to know how she easily chose to drop out of the team. Then I realized, she was choosing you, to stay with you. I did not know you were that close.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Having you around is better."

 

"She said that?" Nako raises her brow as she heard Hitomi.

 

Hitomi nods.

 

"And you didn't ask what she means by that?" Nako asks again.

 

"No."

 

Hitomi's answer was simple.

 

"Why?"

 

"I don't know. I don't want to assume."

 

"Then you should have asked her… haist," Nako grunts in frustration over her best friend's mindset.

 

"You don't want to assume but you didn't ask and I'm sure you're assuming now," Nako added.

 

"No!" Hitomi quick to deny.

 

"Don't lie to me Hii-chan. I know you for long now," Nako rolls her eyes.

 

Hitomi lowered her head, knowing that she can't lie to her best friend.

 

"Next time she said something like that, ask her... I'm tired of watching you all over her mess and simply answered nothing. I'm sure she's liking you too, Hii-chan."

 

"We're just friend."

 

"I know. So, jump out from the friend line and talk to her. You two are so whipped for each other."

 

"She’s just getting well with Minju," Hitomi didn't forget to mention the past.

 

"That's very good news, Hii-chan but they are just friends now. Not more... and I'm sure Chaewon have the answer to that."

 

"Maybe she has the answer. After all, she managed to convince Minju to join back the team," Hitomi sighs as she continues, "We know that they just need a proper talk."

 

"Say Hii-chan, do you think it's settled now?" Nako suddenly drops a serious question.

 

"What do you mean?" Hitomi has the same confused expression before her brows raise, "I don't know. I never saw they talk to each other since that day. Do you think Saku-chan considered those when she agreed to this decision?"

 

"I don't know. Maybe? But she's a hard-headed one. She might act cold to her," Nako furrows her forehead as she imagined the possible outcome in their coming meeting.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Where’s Yujin?”

 

Everyone looked around when the name mentioned and noticed Yujin is not there yet.

 

“I told—” Eunbi didn’t finish her sentences when they heard knocks.

 

“I’m sorry?” The door opens, showing Yujin who’s standing awkwardly as everyone eyes on her.

 

“Come in, Yujin. We need to start the meeting,” Eunbi said as a matter of fact as Wonyoung already standing in from of the monitor, ready to present them the situation.

 

“I’m sorry, but I’m bringing someone with me,” Yujin raises her shoulders as she seeks for an opinion from everyone but only to get confuses response.

 

“Sorry.” The voice.

 

The door opens wider and Wonyoung quickly put her tab down as she marched to the other woman with Yujin.

 

“Minju unnie!” Wonyoung gives a quick hug to the older woman as she happily welcomed her into the room.

 

“I’m glad you joined us, Minju” Eunbi smiles widely at the woman as Minju responded with a nod and wide smile.

 

“Let’s save

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter