You From The Past

Wish You Were Here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The silence atmosphere in the room already suffocating for a single person inside the room and the messy desk also brought headache to her blank mind. Every piece of paper and pictures were seen stacked messily on her desk with the sign of furious touch. Her mind already filled with many possibilities, with many occurrences that currently running randomly inside her brain.

 

There’s no sound of movements other than her own slowed paced breaths. Calm yet anxious.

 

“Yena unnie?”

 

Yena turns and sees the worried expression of Yujin. She didn’t bother to clean the mess but waited for the said woman to approach her. She already lost the energy to move around. She doesn’t care if Yujin will found out about the thing she has been doing for a while now.

 

“What are you doing?” Yujin asks as she walks closer to Yena’s desk.

 

Yujin’s eyes widen as she sees all the pictures and documents on Yena’s table. Yujin feels nervous out of nowhere when she noticed the unreadable expression of Yena.

 

“Unnie, what is this?” Yujin asks as she takes one of the documents and read the information on it.

 

“Yujin-ah…” Yena calls Yujin’s name softly as she saw how the younger’s face changing expression.

 

“This is…” Yujin cannot finish her words as the information starting to register in her mind. She feels choked with the things in front of her eyes at the moment.

 

“Unnie?” Yujin looks at Yena with desperate yet questioning eyes.

 

“I’m sorry, Yujin… I don’t know myself,” Yena looks down to the floor, avoiding the nerve-wracking gaze the younger giving her.

 

“But unnie, how did you get this? I thought the accident was due to the vehicle’s failure. How come we didn’t know about this circuit break? This is attempted murder!” Yujin furrows her brows in frustration.

 

“Because it was closed perfectly…” Yena mutters lowly but enough for Yujin to hear it.

 

“What do you mean? We even investigated it ourselves!”

 

Yujin already facing forth and back with her hands on her head, supporting the heaviness dumped on her mind at the unexpected information.

 

“I know… Chaeyeon hid it from us.”

 

Yujin stops on the spot when the information reached her eardrums and her head absurdly focused on Yena.

 

“Chae-Chaeyeon?” Yujin’s eyes widen as the name rolled out from her tongue. She didn’t expect that name.

 

“What do you mean she hid it, unnie? Ch--Chae--… She will never hide anything from us, especially something important like this,” Yujin knitted her brows, sending the sign of not believing Yena’s words.

 

Yena expected the reaction and sighs before responding.

 

“I think this was about her plan… Eunbi unnie said that she was trying to make us safe. That actually came into my mind that day.”

 

“But that’s nonsense!” Yujin shouts loudly. Luckily, it was only the two of them inside the office at the moment.

 

“Yujin…” Yena furrows her brows as she pulled Yujin to sit and calm down.

 

“She should’ve told us about it, unnie… She should be…”

 

“I wish she did Yujin… But we cannot change anything now. But I’m sure she means well…”

 

“Well? How is hiding those things from us is well, unnie? Doesn’t she trust us even a bit? We can help…”

 

“Yujin…” Yena’s tone deepens as she called Yujin’s name. She is staring at her with an unreadable expression. “What if the situation forced her to keep it away from us?”

 

The frown on Yujin’s face immediately changes into a blank one as her eyes looking at Yena with lots of questions.

 

“Eunbi unnie also didn’t know about the details of it, Yujin. You know how Chaeyeon is. You might think she never hides anything from us but…” Yena paused. She shuts for a moment, only staring blankly at Yujin. She takes a deep breath.

 

“There’s a lot of things you still need to know about her, Yujin,” Yena continues as she looks down to the floor.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yena!” The sleepiness immediately left her when she heard Chaeyeon’s panicked voice on the phone.

 

“Chae? Where are you?” Yena asked worriedly as she’s quickly jumped off from her bed and rushed changing her pajamas.

 

“Can you come here right now? I’ve sent you the location.”

 

Yena frowns as she heard the weak voice of Chaeyeon. She quickly checked the message and bit her lips as she saw the unknown location.

 

“Sure…I’m on my way. Please be fine, Chaeyeon,” Yena quickly ended the call as she rushed to her car and speeded to where the place is.

 

 

 

Yena frowned as she arrived at the location Chaeyeon gave her. She cannot further drive her car into the dark forest. There’s no available road. Yena once again checked the location Chaeyeon gave her and it was near where she is but there is no sign of houses or road there.

 

“Gosh!” Yena jumped on her driver seat when a loud sound hit her car. Yena nervously looked at the front and her eyes widen at the sight. She quickly walked out of her car and rushed to the human being there.

 

“Chaeyeon! What happens to you?” Yena pulled Chaeyeon’s arm to her shoulder, supporting the woman to her passenger seat.

 

“I’ll explain later… We need to go now.”

 

Yena didn’t argue but complied with Chaeyeon’s words. She could feel her heart beating so fast as she saw her hands tainted with blood.

 

“Yena, now!” Yena was back to her consciousness when she heard Chaeyeon’s shouted.

 

Yena prayed in her mind while she’s hitting the road at full speed, only to wish her friend will get treatment as soon as possible.

 

 

 

 

“What happened?” Yena stopped walking forth and back when she heard Yuri’s voice.

 

Instead of giving an answer, Yena quickly checked on Chaeyeon. She sighed in relief after seeing her friend breathing calmly.

 

“I put her on anesthesia and banded her injuries… Yena unnie, what happened here? Why is she in that condition?” Yuri asked again as she held Yena’s hand.

 

Yuri frowned as she saw the blood on Yena’s hands. She looked up, only to meet the eyes filled with fear from the older woman.

 

“Let’s clean your hands first,” Yuri said as she pulled Yena to sit on the couch as she went to the kitchen and came back with a towel and basin of water.

 

 

 

“Here…” Yuri handed Yena a glass of water.

 

“Thanks…” Yena took the glass but she didn’t take any sip of it.

 

Yuri sighed silently. She took the glass from Yena’s hand and let her hands holding safely Yena’s hands. She took the seat beside her.

 

“Yena unnie, look at me,” Yuri said calmly.

 

Yuri put a smile as their eyes met.

 

“She’s gonna be fine, don’t worry,” Yuri said as she caressed Yena’s hands softly.

 

 Yena finally released a deep sigh and put a smile.

 

“What happened?”

 

Yena once again sighed as she turned and looked at the sleeping Chaeyeon.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter