Hidden Piece

Wish You Were Here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Just like another day, Yujin boringly reading the articles Minju gave her for their new training or another trial equipment as Yujin understood how it is. Another set of laboratory work which she not going to decline since it’s perked her interest.

 

“Yujin!”

 

Yujin’s eyes almost popped out in shock when a hand rested on her shoulder. She turns to her side and saw the worried faced Minju.

 

“Are you okay? I’ve been calling your name a few times already but you did not respond to me,” Minju asked worriedly.

 

Yujin gulps the sudden dry lump inside , hoping that the raven girl won't ask for more.

 

“I’m fine, Minguri. Sorry about that. I was thinking about something.”

 

“You want to talk about it?” Minju asked after taking a seat beside Yujin.

 

“It’s okay. It’s not that important. You’re more important to me.”

 

“Yah!” A slap landed on Yujin’s arm.

 

“Stop saying something like that,” Minju said while laughing.

 

“Why? I’m meant it,” Yujin crunched her nose and caress Minju’s crown.

 

“Yeah yeah..,” Minju simply laughs.

 

Yujin just smiled as she knows Minju only trying to shake it off. Not that she doesn’t mind it but she already used to it now. Plus, she just wants to make the older woman smile. But more importantly, Minju didn't question her more.

 

“Anyway, you said you won’t be able to come to the lab today. Are you going somewhere?” Minju turns into serious mode.

 

“Oh,” Yujin utters a simple response because she didn’t expect Minju to ask that.

 

“Yeah, you could say that. I actually going to join Yena and Hyewon today,” Yujin explained.

 

“Hyewon?” Minju’s eyebrows furrowed as she didn’t hear any news about Hyewon joining the team.

 

“Yena is taking simulation training under Hyewon’s supervision,” Yujin expected the reaction.

 

“She’s the one in charge of it now?” Minju seems to get curious.

 

“Yes. And you wouldn’t know since you never attend any simulation training now.”

 

“I don’t need it anymore.”

 

Yujin feels like knocking her head for commenting without thinking first. Yujin lost her words when she heard Minju’s response. Minju not in the team anymore and only focused on her new ‘work’.

 

“Right.”

 

Lots of things changed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Eunbi has been staring on her black computer screen for a while when she knows Yena will have a training under Hyewon. To be exact, just the name of the unexpected woman already removes everything else inside her mind but her. For the umpteenth time, Eunbi sighs again.

 

Chaeyeon. That name comes into her mind.

 

“Okay, that’s all for today.” Eunbi ended their weekly meeting. Everyone was quick to walk out from the room, and Eunbi’s gaze locked to Chaeyeon.

 

“Chaeyeon, stay. We need to talk.” Eunbi said, stopping every movement from the room.

 

Everyone shifted their gaze between the two and quickly understand the atmosphere by Eunbi’s gaze. Sakura not moving from her spot as she looked at the two with a worried expression, her sense telling her that something was wrong but she cannot fully grasp the problems. Eunbi is good at masking her emotion while Chaeyeon has been out of reach for the past few days.

 

“I just want to talk with her about some training systems, no need to worry,” Eunbi said as she noticed the hesitated movement of Sakura. Sakura simply nodded as she walked out of the room, leaving Eunbi and Chaeyeon to talk by themselves.

 

“Since when I’m needed in that training system, Eunbi unnie?” Chaeyeon came directly with her words, not sparing any long fishing through personal conversation.

 

“Since you were taking a full training session, Chaeyeon. What an odd sight,” Eunbi came crossed with her intention.

 

Chaeyeon raised her brow at Eunbi’s statement and crossed back, “Anything wrong with that? I’m a living example of practice makes perfect. I’m just doing my routine,” Chaeyeon breathed out heavily, making sure that Eunbi will know the uncomfortable conversation they are having at that moment.

 

Eunbi scoffed as she spoke, “You think I won’t notice what you are trying to do now, Chaeyeon? You simply avoided every minute to stay in the same air as us. What exactly is your deal?” Eunbi raised her brow.

 

“If you know that then we're done here. That’s good. I don’t need another prolong conversation with you,” Chaeyeon said as she stood up.

 

“Lee Chaeyeon! What’s wrong with you?!” Eunbi snapped as she grabbed Chaeyeon by the collar.

 

Chaeyeon was just let Eunbi got mad at her. Chaeyeon won’t speak a word. She did not want to because if she did, she will break down the moment she spoke.

 

“Chaeyeon! Yah!” Eunbi pushed Chaeyeon hard that Chaeyeon end up fell to the floor.

 

“Yena was still in the hospital and now you being a douchebag, avoiding everyone,” Eunbi ranted out as her eyes fixed at Chaeyeon. Chaeyeon just kept a poker face and avoided Eunbi’s eyes.

 

“Chaeyeon, if you keep acting like this, I won’t hesitate to drop you out from the team!” Eunbi took the rough way. Of course, she won't mean any of it but she needs to make sure Chaeyeon not abandoning the team.

 

“Then do it.”

 

Silence took the room. Eunbi slowly reached for Chaeyeon’s shoulder and stared directly into Chaeyeon’s eyes but seeing no slight hesitation. Chaeyeon finally spoke up but that’s not what Eunbi wants to hear from Chaeyeon.

 

“Chaeyeon, do you know what you just said? You want to out from the team?” Eunbi cannot believe her ears. “You the one who kept everyone to stay, Chaeyeon. Everyone stayed. But why you want to out now? Does it have something to do with Yena?” Eunbi cannot help but feels that everything falling to her sense.

 

Silence.

 

Eunbi decided to ask again. “Chaeyeon, does it have something to do with Yena?”

 

“N-no.” Chaeyeon shuttered and Eunbi got the answer right away.

 

Eunbi scoffed as she loosens her grips on Chaeyeon.

 

“You do know why Yena in that position. You know but you shut your mouth!”

 

“Yena in that position because of me, Eunbi! Because of me! Everyone might end up like Yena because of me!” Chaeyeon blurted out angrily. As expected, the wall she trying to keep broke down as she spoke.

 

“Chaeyeon, what are you talking about?” It’s hard for Eunbi to believe her ears.

 

“This is my fault… Yena is lying there because of me!”

 

Eunbi blinked several times as she hardly spoke any word.

 

“Chae..,”  Eunbi tried to ask but none came up inside her blocked mind.

 

“Just go away! Stay away from me! Just stay away from me. Please…,” Chaeyeon spoke while her eyes fixed on Eunbi’s. Seeing how Eunbi froze on her spot, she stood up and took the chance to leave.

 

Eunbi felt lost w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter