Pictures of Future

Wish You Were Here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(Flashback is italic)

 

 

 

“We will inform you as soon as the design is finished.” A woman elegantly dressed in a white shirt politely smiled at Chaeyeon.

“Thank you. I’ll really appreciate that.” Chaeyeon smiles back, with much happiness beamed through her eyes.

Chaeyeon keeps her eyes at the sketch in front of her and smiles happily, thinking about the big decision she will going for. She cannot wait to ask the woman who brings so much happiness in her life to be in her life…forever.

 The ringtone of her phone brought her back from her dream and she quickly accepted the call without checking who’s the caller.

“Agent Lee, we have an emergency right now. We will move in 15 minutes.”

Unexpected, the call came earlier than she thought it will be. Good thing she always prepared for such situation.

“I’ll be there in 10 minutes.” Chaeyeon ended the call as she ran to her bikes, speeding to the base.

 

 

 

“It is positive that there are three hostages in there, but one of them is badly injured. We cannot risk infiltrating the area since there might be a trap.”

“How many of them inside there?”

“We detected five signs of individuals in there, Captain,” Yena spoke through her earpiece while her eyes monitoring the heat radar in front of her.

“So, that’s mean there are two enemies with them,” Eunbi stated as a matter of fact.

“What should we do, Captain?”

Everyone waited silently in their designated spots as they focused on earpiece attached to their ear. It was the only way of communication as everyone already taking their best position, away from each other.

“I’ll go.”

Everyone held their breath when they heard the voice through the earpiece.

“Agent Lee, it is a high possibility that it is a trap. It’s dangerous—”

“Trust me, I can handle it,” Chaeyeon immediately cut in, sensing the concern in their captain’s tone.

 

 

 

“Congratulations on the successful mission, Captain Kwon.”

“Thank you, Director.”

“I heard one of your members is injured. How is she?”

“She’s getting treatment at the moment. She’ll be back in good, Director,” Eunbi explained as she understood what the question meant to be.

“Good to know, Captain Kwon.”

 

 

 

“Ouch! Ouch! Yah!”

“I told you not to do that again, yet you still do that!”

Eunbi sighed when she was greeted with that kind commotion. The two won’t stop bickering.

“Captain!” Chaeyeon shouted happily when she saw Eunbi. Sakura turned around and slightly bowed.

“How are you?” Eunbi asked as she glances at the bandage on Chaeyeon’s waist.

Chaeyeon had a smile plastered on her face even in that condition.

“I’m fine, Capt. Ouch! Saku-chan~” The smile quickly turned sour.

“Serve you right,” Sakura simply glared at Chaeyeon.

“Seeing you two bickering like this, I assume you’ll be back in no time,” Eunbi commented which made Chaeyeon nodded with a smile.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Chaewon…unnie…”

Chaewon and Hitomi turns their head when they heard someone calling for Chaewon. An awkward atmosphere greets them at the moments their eyes set on the caller.

“Minju unnie,” Hitomi greets Minju with a smile. Hitomi can sense the tension and glance at Chaewon. Chaewon is shutting as her face giving a flat expression, making it hard for Hitomi to guess what’s playing in Chaewon’s mind at the moment.

“I’ll leave you two,” Hitomi said and quickly left before Chaewon can stop her.

 

 

 

 

“Chaewonnie…” Chaewon turns her head when she heard her name. A smile automatically formed on her face when she sees Minju standing with a smile, holding two plastic of foods. Chaewon quickly stands up and went over to the empty table where Minju is, calling her lover’s name fondly, “Minmin, thank you for coming.”

“You should take some rest, unnie. You’re going to skip dinner again if I didn’t come here.” Minju pouted while preparing the foods she brought for the older woman.

“I almost finish the report… I’m planning to get something to eat after I finished it,” Chaewon said as she just watching her girlfriend with a smile plastered on her face.

“I don’t believe you… You always said that but end up staying here till morning working on it. You should take it easy, unnie… and I can always help,” Minju said as she took the seat beside Chaewon.

“But I don’t want t—”

“Just eat,” Minju cut Chaewon off by shoving a piece of kimbab on . Chaewon almost choked.

“Minmin…” Chaewon glared at Minju but Minju just raised her brow unbothered.

“What?” Minju asked innocently before getting a kimbab for herself.

 

 

 

 

The two just stares at each other after Hitomi left.

“I’m sorry,” Minju breaks the silence.

Minju waited for Chaewon to say something but the woman just shut . Minju decides to say whatever she needs to, knowing that the woman in front of her finally giving her a chance to explain.

“Chaewon-ah, I’m sorry for hurting you. I know I didn’t deserve talking with you after what I did. I’m truly sorry…” Minju pauses and takes a deep breath, “I loved her but I know I don’t stand a chance. To be honest, I was using you to forget about her but I can’t. I’m sorry… I tried loving you, Wonnie...”

Chaewon feels her heart clenched in pain when she heard how Minju called her. She looks at Minju and she cannot help but feels sorry watching the woman breaking down in front of her. Yes, Minju hurt her, but she still has a soft spot for the woman. She waits for Minju to continues her words.

“I did love you… I really did but I still cannot forget my feeling toward her. When she… when… when she…le...” Minju already crying hard.

“Minju, you don’t have,” Chaewon hugs Minju to comfort her.

To be true, there’s no explanation needed because Chaewon knew, she always knows about Minju’s true feelings. She loves Minju, and she’s willing to let Minju used her, but it’s hurt her when her efforts didn’t work at all.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Not far from where the two having their time, another two pairs of eyes are carefully watching over them.

“Tomi unnie, do you like Chaewon unnie?”

Hitomi quickly turns her gaze to the other woman with furrowed brows. Hitomi was thinking what to answer but it could be mean nothing but confusion to the expressionle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter