Wonderful Tonight

Wonderful Tonight

Half an hour later, Irene reappeared by Seulgi's side who's been nursing her aching head.The latter sits crouching with both hands massaging her temples, and Irene moved to stand behind her girlfriend prying her hands to replace with her own and started lightly massaging her temples. "It's been half an hour babe, let's go home hmm?"

Seulgi just hums and nods but made no attempts from the comfort of Irene's hands massaging her head. Irene stops her caresses to lightly tap Seulgi's broad shoulders slightly startling the other girl. "We're leaving and I'll drive. C'mon, up on your feet Kang Seulgi" Irene states firmly.

Seulgi groans but made no attempts to stand. Irene move to her front and attempted to pull Seulgi up by her arms, the overgrown whines but tried getting up to her feet. Seeing how Seulgi is being childish, she attempted to stare her down firmly which of course did not work as Seulgi only grins wider now fully on her feet stretching her arms wide before engulfing Irene in a hug. The latter groans at this childish display but made little attempts to breakaway from the hug.

They stayed hugging under the moonlight by the patio for a while swaying to the synchronized beating of their hearts. Irene lost track of time while in the comfort of Seulgi's warm hug, but the night chills can no longer be ignored as she shivered at a gust of wind. It didn't go unnoticed to the slightly taller girl who gave her a kiss on her forehead before letting go.

Seulgi shrugs her blazer off and drapes them over Irene's exposed shoulder who immediately complains and attempts to give the blazer back to her girlfriend but Seulgi's not one to back down either. "We're not going home unless you wear that Hyun." She grins.

"But-"

Seulgi did not give Irene any other choice as she snake an arm over her petite waste and usher her back to the ballroom hall unsteady on her feet. Irene stops her by the door, a frown she dons on her lovely face as she made Seulgi look at her. "I'm fine Hyun." she said assuringly with a smile, although tired but still able to reach her eyes.

"Let's go home baby, I bet you're tired from all the socializing you did tonight." she jokes in attempts to lighten the mood. And it did the trick, making Irene smile. She nods in agreement, "Yeah, I guess I am."

Seulgi finds her hand and entwines her fingers with hers, flashing Irene one more reassuring smile before they finally headed out to the valet parking to ask for their car.

True to her words, Irene didn't let Seulgi drive and instead took the wheel after depositing her on the passenger seat. They drive in silence, reaching home a little bit faster with the easy flow of late night traffic.

Upon reaching home, Irene parks their car in the garage and turns the engine off. She lightly taps Seulgi's cheek to wake the other girl who fell asleep on their ride home. She notes the heat she's emitting, her temperature rising above normal. Seulgi opens her eyes to the sight of Irene's lovely face still sporting a frown. "Baby we're home." Seulgi only groans in response and tries to sit properly.

Irene helps Seulgi out the car and assisting her until they reach their shared bedroom, all the while Seulgi whines like the baby that she is for being helped, telling Irene she can manage herself without assistance when clearly it's not the case. She staggered for a bit when Irene lets go of her hold while walking up the stairs, Irene huffs in disapproval and goes to hold Seulgi again.

They both slithered into their comfy sleeping clothes upon reaching their room, Irene picks an oversized white shirt (one of Seulgi's) paired with a cotton shorts while Seulgi settles for her usual sweatpants and white t-shirt. They make their way to the toilet together to wash up, simultaneously Seulgi brushes her teeth while Irene washes her face to get rid of the heavy make up. Seulgi takes out a bottle of make up remover and a cotton pad, and proceeds to help Irene remove the makeup residues washing alone wasn't able to remove. Irene smiles at the small gesture, things like this that they do for each other makes her heart flutter. It's very normal and domesticated, just the way she wants it.

Once Irene was done with brushing her teeth she proceeds to take out the medicine kit. She takes Seulgi's temperature, frowning at the above normal body temperature indicating Seulgi is feverish. She takes a tablet from the kit and coax Seulgi to drink the medicine.

After washing up and tending to Seulgi's rise of temperature, they walked back to their massive king sized bed and climbed up, ready to tuck in for the night. They had the bedroom lights off but opted to have the lamps on each sides of their bed switched on, making Seulgi's lying figure visible to her. The other girl has her eyes openly staring at her, and Irene lets her eyes wander too at soft bear-like features of her love. Those monolid eyes, piercing when they look but holds the warmest dark brown orbs she's ever locked eyes with.

With a soft caress she felt on her cheek, Seulgi locks her eyes to Irene's own looking at her, soft glow of the lamp making her even more breathtaking in all her bare beauty with no cosmetics on. Irene is looking at her intently, her own brown eyes fix on her features. She notices, under the soft glow of the lamp light, Seulgi looks even more beautiful, she marvels at Seulgi's calm face taking in her beauty, and sees she's a little paler than usual. Her heart cracked a little bit more at the sight.

"What's wrong, baby? Does your head still aches?" She asks gently. Seulgi only smiles at her eyes forming crescents as she shook her head. "It's nothing Hyun. I just want to tell you, that you, Bae Joohyun, are wonderful tonight."

Irene was caught off guard, opens and closes trying to form words in response, heart racing at the burst of emotions. There are times like this when in the still of the night Seulgi would randomly shower her with love and affection in form of honest words. Sincerity in her voice overflowing, drowning Irene in a feeling of overwhelming love.

Seulgi can see the love in Irene's eyes directed at her, and it her baffles her how much one can love her as much as Irene does, she can see them in her actions and her own words, that somehow Seulgi feels the need to voice her own feelings. And she wonders if Irene realizes just how much she loves her.

Seulgi turns to her other side and switches her bedside lamp off, before she snuggles in closer to Irene, wrapping an arm over her waist, muttering slowly, "Always have, always been, and always will be the most beautiful and amazing woman I know, always the best thing that's ever been mine." before she closes her eyes to let sleep take her away.

And Irene stares in wonder, stares at Seulgi whose sleeping form looked peaceful, and wonder how she's ever deserve a woman like her, who loves so much like her. And then she stops, stops wondering as she snuggles in to the embrace holding her tight like she means the world to her, because she does.

And there will be many more nights like tonight, where Seulgi would profess her love for her and Irene will drown with bathed breaths at Seulgi's overwhelming love shown in small and subtle gestures and sincere feelings conveyed in honest words.

 

 

 

 

 

-

 

rushed ending, but let me know what you think? comments are always good boost.