Darling You Look Wonderful

Wonderful Tonight

A/N: I wanted to read something light and a bit fluffy.

-

 

A blanket of darkness with a slight splash of purple and pink colors the night sky with the sun setting on the horizon. Her impatience clearly heard with the tapping of her feet as she waits for her, she cant help the frown forming on her forehead. Standing up from where she was sitting, she takes a peek at the grandfather's clock standing proud in the middle of their luxury filled living room to see that the time is already a quarter left before it hits seven in the evening. It's quite late, and at this rate of slow moving they are really going to be late for the social affair they're attending.

Shaking her head lightly with an amused smile on her beautiful face as she thinks of the person making her wait. She takes big strides crossing the room and heads towards the master's bedroom where she knows that she is there getting ready and not quite done yet.

The door of the room is left open and there she finds the other woman looking so lost inside with a spread of various clothing garments, waltzing around she's still not done taking dresses and shoes out from the closet and shoes cabinet for her to choose from and would constantly face the full-body length mirror to check her looks as she switch from one dress to another. The observer takes her place leaning by the door thinking how this will take a while, she is quietly observing the prancing woman inside the room with her smile even wider than before. Even in a state of wardrobe dilemma she still looks nothing less than a day beautiful.

She sports a frown on her beautiful face as she contemplates on what to wear. The observer lets her be, enjoying this shared moment of endearing silence between them. Finally she saw her wandering eyes twinkled as it zeroed on one particular garment of clothing, her hands reached to pick up the fabric and she smiles in agreement with her choice. It's an off shoulder black dress she recalled buying from the Seoul Fashion Week Autumn Collection, or was it winter? Anyway, she could not bother remembering when all that matters is that she would look great, no, stunning (still not quite the befitting word, although its nothing less than the truth about her), wonderful, yes she would look absolutely wonderful in that black signature dress that for once she was able to get the right size for her. She nods in approval with a pleased smile etched on her face. If luck is on her side she might see her undress seeing that she seem to not mind her presence. She grins at the not so innocent thought.

But of course she knows it goes without saying, and with a knowing smirk hidden from her sight she walks in to their shared walk-in closet and started to undress from her cotton shorts and tees to change into the elegant black dress. Donning her black dress that showcases her collarbone and leaves her shoulders bare for everyone to see, she walks out the dressing room and grinned at her dumbfounded spectator before turning to the vanity table to start dolling up.

Her cheeks turned crimson in embarrassment at being caught red handed but made no efforts to hide it, plenty of times it happened anyway, admiring her always takes her out of her right state of mind. She chuckles then matches her smiles as she remains leaning by the door frame and continue to watch her dressing affairs silently praying she would quicken her pace a little bit and get done with it, but still not too soon. Moments like these are some she treasures the most, moments of silence and adoration where there's only the two of them who shares are somehow intimate, but there are more intimate moments shared in bed. It's a privilege only for her, to see her raw beauty in closed doors when the rest of the world worships the dolled up goddess that she is. Years spent together didn't make her any less appealing to her, in fact every single day she glows brighter than before, in her eyes she is the most beautiful. People's opinion may change but never hers.

She takes various pens and brushes out, drawing lines in her eyes, picking colors to brush on her eyelids and cheeks, and a thin layer of tint to put color on her lips. She does not want to overdo her makeup, she is known for her ethereal beauty beyond the art of cosmetics, after all only her personal opinion matters to her, the rest are only mere spectators whose opinion doesn't really affect her.

She takes her favorite hairbrush and started brushing her hair - a bit slower than she wants like they have all the time in the world - it has gotten a bit longer than usual and she's thinking of bringing her out next time to their favorite salon for a trim. She loves her very long and shiny hair on her, but she looks even more beautiful when her hair length is only a few inches past her shoulders just long enough so she can run her fingers and play with a few strands when they lay in bed. She took a final glance at her reflection in the mirror at the same time looking at hers, smiling dorkily at her own annoyance.

Finally feeling satisfied with her looks, she finally stands up and face her. "How do I look? Do I look alright?" was the first few words she utters to break the long instance of uninterrupted silence between them, her face contorts a bit in worry of the pending response. "And don't dare lie."

She finally leaves her post and started walking towards her with her biggest smile that day, and stopping just a feet away from her. She couldn't fatom how she's worried of her looks when thousands want to have her beauty and countless of times she tells her how beautiful she is. But she indulges her, she knows what she needs to hear and from who. With assurance in her smile, she brushes the few rebellious strands with her fingers tucking it away before answering. "Yes, more than alright."

Eyes full of warmth and love as she takes her chin to tilt her face up and let their eyes meet. Leaning in closer their lips meet halfway for a brief kiss.

"You look wonderful tonight, Hyun."

 

 

 

--

I didn't even reach the chorus of the song with this oneshot.