Ten wants baby

I Want a Baby

It's the annual sports carnival day. Elle was standing with a paddle in her hand trying to figure out what to do. 

 

it's boring this year mainly because Elle have to come alone and the theme is 'Sports as Leisure Activities' so there's no competition held for that day. Most of the students just have to come and enjoy sports. 

 

It's not like they rarely exercise since all of them are attending a sports college. A special college prepping youth to represents country in sports.

 

Her boyfriend, Yuta is attending a special training for football since recently he was just scouted by a very famous football club hence explaining why she have to attend the carnival alone.

 

It's canoeing session and Elle is bad at it. She don't want to canoe alone since she know something bad would happen if she canoe all by herself. And to top it off she can't swim. 

 

Elle saw a guy sulking by a tree while lining up taking turn to canoe. She approach him and hand in the paddle placing in his hand. 

 

"lets canoe with me?" it was her first time talking to him. They were classmate since junior year but never manage to befriend nor talk to him till this day. 

 

Ten, the guy looks at her and seems startled for a while then decided to accept it. 

 

"wait you can canoe?" you asked in disbelief. 

 

"yeah. I'm specialised in water sports what makes you think I can't canoe?" Ten answered in a mocking style his diva mannered threatened to come out. 

 

"I never saw you canoe. Only swims. That's why I ask. Just to make sure you know." 

 

Ten only manage to rolls his eyes. 

 

The canoe session was actually done individually since the canoe provided only for single person use not 2 person as Elle imagine. 

 

So, Unfortunately she have to ride the canoe alone no matter what. Ten who didn't realize that she's bad in canoe left Elle and rode it first leaving her behind. 

 

Elle just stand there and wait Ten comes back after he finished his session and he hand the paddle back to you. Elle collected any courage that left inside her and ride the canoe. 

 

She only managed to put one foot in the canoe and the canoe immediately flipped and you fell in the water. Fortunately its shallow enough for her to sit. 

 

She could hear an outburst of laughter coming beside her and tried to control her irritation. 

 

Elle tried to stand up but you slipped again and her back hits the rock and her knee hits the canoe board hard. 

 

"woah. Hey need a hand?" Ten only then decided to help you. 

 

"no thanks." by that time Elle manage to stand up and get on her two feet. After a few steps she slipped again and fall on your knee since the rocks in the lake was slippery. 

 

Elle let an aggravated sigh. 

 

"huh. Yes please. Help me." finally she reached for Ten's hand. 

 

" told you so" Ten said, smirking. Yes freaking smirk because Ten can't help it. He saw the whole incident and was busy laughing till he decide to help her when she seem can't stand up. 

 

" I don't know that there's someone who In sports can enter this academy" Ten said as he help you get to the first aid tent. 

 

"shut up its not my major" 

 

Ten snorted at her comeback

 

... 

 

Ten was playing with his kittens when Elle came to hang out. Yuta still hasn't replied her text and last time she called Yuta they only talked for 10 seconds because Yuta said he wants to focus on his training first so he won't answer any calls at the moment. 

 

Elle started to hang out by his place right after they became 'friends'. 

 

Ten spends his recess time alone usually because his girlfriend neglected him as always and hangout with her girl group. 

 

Elle who saw Ten was being clueless finding a spot to eat at the cafeteria that day offered him a seat and they started to get close after that. Not because they get along well. But because both of them annoys each other to death so they suit as friends. They felt they could be honest with each other. Yeah. Sincerely. 

 

Ten Ignores Elle's presence because he knows she came only to bother him when she's bored. Ten girlfriend wasn't home either. Probably practicing or shopping who knows. 

 

"yah. Ten you're ignoring me?" Elle was blabbering about Yuta have been ignoring her for the past few weeks when she just realise ten wasn't even listening or responding to what she's saying. 

 

"oh you're talking to me?" Ten rolls his eyes. He had enough with his girlfriend always chattering about some campus gossip or anything on her mind. So, when Elle came and start talking about her boyfriend he doesn't even felt like listening. It was the same story every time she came. Nothing new. 

 

" oh right I was talking to the kitten. Hey kitten. How's your day. You know yuta doesn't replied to my text AGAIN and it's been 2 days I haven't heard from him you must've know how I felt ri-" Elle reached for the kittens and almost yelled at every word that come out from so the kitten looks kinda frighten when they heard Elle's voice

 

"NO. Don't talk to my baby. I don't want you to talk to my baby. My baby can only talk to me. No one else." Ten pulled the basket filled with his 3 kittens away from Elle and picked them up one by in one giving a smooch to each one of them. 

 

"ew. Its not like its a real baby. I'd rather having a BABY rather than kittens" Elle felt disgusted at Ten giving kisses to the kitten. And annoyed the fact that Ten had ignore her. So she didn't think it through when she said that. She blurted everything on her mind when she's mad. 

 

But it hit Ten hard. Ten took it seriously. He was an only child. He felt lonely during his childhood days. No siblings to play with. Yes he had friends but when he's at home. He's alone. His parents had always been busy. Now he's an adult. He thought having a girlfriend would make he felt complete. But Nayeon always busy with her friends and left him alone. So when Elle talked about baby. He found a new hope. Finally he thought he won't be lonely anymore. A baby. His child. Will keep him company. He was determined to have a baby. 

 

Ten waste no time he then kicked out Elle from his house and called her girlfriend to tell her about his plans.

.... 

 

 

 

Elle went home after that. Empty. She let out a sigh she didn't realise she had been holding. She misses yuta alot. But she know he need to focus in his career first and she will always supports him no matter what. 

 

Elle can't help but felt lonely that night. She was just sitting on the couch. Switching on the TV, lied down but stares at the wall instead. 

 

 

"I'd rather have a baby than kittens." she remembered what she just said that evenings at Ten's house. 

 

If I have a baby I would be like having Mini Yuta right? So finally ni won't be lonely right? 

 

Elle dialled Yuta's number quickly after that. He picked up at the third ring. Finally. 

 

" Hey" yuta held the camera in front of him and Elle finally got to see the face that she have been missing this whole month. 

 

Yuta just finished his practice, his hair were soaked with sweats. Yuta flipped his bangs to the back so it wouldn't get in a way with his eyes. 

 

Upon hearing yutas voice, her yearning for him intensifies. 

 

" I want a baby" 

 

Yuta was gulping on his mineral water when she said that. So the water that he has yet to swallow was spluttered everywhere. 

 

"what?" 

 

"I want-" Elle was ready to repeat it again because she thought yuta doesn't heard what she's saying the first time

 

"no. I heard you. The answer is no" Elle could see yuta was looking in other direction when while he was talking. 

 

"but-" 

 

"look, my coach is calling me. I don't have much time. Bye" 

 

Elle doesn't even get to say good bye but he cut off the call. 

 

Elle let out a exasperated sigh. She still wants a MINI Yuta but Yuta doesn't want to give her one. 

 

... 

 

Elle was sitting alone on the chairs provided outside a convenience store. She decided to talk a walk to clear her minds and embracing her sorrow with a few bottles of beer. She can't bear the loneliness she's feeling with a sober mind and beer is her best friend at the moment. 

 

"Oi " Elle felt someone kicked her chair and take a seat I front of her. 

 

Ten can't sleep too and decided to walk around the neighbourhood when she saw Elle was sitting alone with a few can of beer. 

 

Elle looks at him for a moment before taking a sip of her beer again. 

 

"you again. Hmpph" she's annoyed at Ten's presence. 

 

I want Yuta not Ten. Elle kept her annoyance in her mind. 

 

She felt tipsy already but she doesn't think it was enough and want to drink some more. 

 

"You know you shouldn't drink too much right?" Ten reminded her again the fact that they're athletes they need to stay focus and not bothered by a hangover during practice. 

 

"yeah. I'm gonna get back on diet after this don't worry" Elle replied looking at Ten with a half lidded eyes and open another can of beer. The fifth. 

 

"so, what happened?" Ten grabbed a beer and popped it open. Joining Elle drinking session. 

 

"sooooooo, I told yuta I want a baby..." Elle trailed off leaving Ten to guess the answer. 

 

"I see where that went." Ten lets out a small laugh. He took a sip of his beer and started to zoned out. Staring in no particular direction. 

 

Ten had told his girlfriend about that too. Guess what? She was furious. She thought he was crazy and pulling some stupid prank on her. And no he don't get to have a baby so his life goes back to normal. No baby. 

 

"You know, I told Nayeon if she would bear my baby I would've support her whole life and she doesn't even have to work or anything I just want a baby. I don't see what's wrong with that. She was hella mad though." Ten started blabbering about his annoying girlfriend. Yeap annoying because she was never there when he needs her. Why they're still dating though? No one knows the reason. 

 

Elle bursted out of laughter 

 

" I told you it was crazy. Ahahah. I have expected that form her. You see I can never imagine her being a mother. If I'm being honest. She doesn't have any mother quality" yes Elle hates her too. She never said it out loud but it always shows on her face. 

 

Ten rolls his eyes at Elle remarks and proceed on drinking his beer. 

 

Out of no where Elle came up with another idea. Like lights bulb suddenly lighten her dark and empty brain. She once again have a brilliant idea the second time of the day. She slammed the table with the beer in hand. Gaining Ten's attention. Ten looked at her half heartedly. So done with Elle sudden change in mood. 

 

"wait. Wait a sec. How about We have the baby? Together?" Elle looked at Ten, eyes gleaming with hope. She found a new way. Another way to conceive. To make baby without Yuta's assistance.