Happy Jiyeon Day

From Seoul to Daegu
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summary:

Sets in the early stage of their relationship. Hyunjung and Jiyeon are going on a date to celebrate Jiyeon’s birthday.

 

 

The morning sunlight streaked in through the bedroom window. Hyunjung woke up earlier before the alarm did its job.

Perhaps, it’s because she had been looking forward to this for a few days now.

 

It was August 19 which was Jiyeon’s birthday.

They had both agreed to take the day off to go on a date and to make things easier, Hyunjung was sleeping over at her girlfriend’s place. They had stayed up late together when the clock struck midnight so that Hyunjung could be the first one to wish her happy birthday and give her the first gift. Then their friends burst into Jiyeon and Juyeon’s shared apartment to surprise and celebrate Jiyeon’s birthday together.

 

Jiyeon was loosely hugging Hyunjung and using her arm as the pillow.

Snoring softly, still asleep.

Hyunjung’s heart swelled looking at the peaceful state of her lover’s face, she loved the idea of waking up to this view everyday.

 

"One day...", Hyunjung thought then nuzzled her nose into Jiyeon’s hair, whispering a soft “Happy Birthday Jiyeon-ah”.

 

Planting soft kisses on Jiyeon’s forehead.

 

Hyunjung let herself lingered a little longer to enjoy the warmth and tenderness they currently were sharing before she had to actually get up and get ready.

She reached dully for her phone. It was 7 AM when the phone screen lit up. While checking and replying to the unread messages, she let the day played out in her mind as she had planned it. Obviously excited with the plan, Hyunjung grinned. Couldn’t wait to spend the day with her beloved girlfriend.

Hyunjung lingered just for a few more minutes before pulling herself away. She shivered at the loss of warmth and Jiyeon groaned in her sleep, obviously feeling the loss of warmth too. Hyunjung pulled the blanket to cover Jiyeon properly and kissed her temple before going to get herself ready for the day.

 

 

By the time Hyunjung’s done getting herself ready, Jiyeon was awake and sitting on the bed looking at her phone.

 

“Good morning birthday girl”, Hyunjung greeted as she approached Jiyeon.

Jiyeon looked up from her phone and smiled, “Good morning unnie. How was your sleep? You woke up before our alarm rings”

“Don’t worry, I slept well. I got awaken early probably because I’m so excited for today”, Hyunjung reassured her girlfriend.

“Oh, I’m glad you did. Why didn’t you wake me up though?” Jiyeon pouted and reached out and circled her arms to Hyunjung’s waist, nuzzling her face to Hyunjung’s stomach.

“I thought it would be nice to let you sleep in a little more. You’re going to need the energy today”

 

Hyunjung cupped Jiyeon's cheeks and tilted her head up before planting soft kisses all over Jiyeon's face. And of course, her pouting lips.

 

"But still, now you are looking ready while I'm still on my pajama and haven't get ready at all", Jiyeon whined.

 

Hyunjung let out a soft laugh and ran her fingers through Jiyeon's hair, "Well, you don't have to worry about it at all. Besides, it's still early, so you can take your time to get ready"

"Mhmm...This feels nice.. I don't want to move at all" Jiyeon hummed, enjoying the feeling of Hyunjung's fingers running through her hair.

 

They stayed in this position for a little while, enjoying the comfortable silence and each other's warmth. Jiyeon was so close to falling back asleep before she gathered herself and pulled away from Hyunjung.

"Just make yourself comfortable here unnie while I get ready. I won't take long" Jiyeon said and pecked Hyunjung's lips.

 

 

"Ready to go?"

“Wait, let me just finish writing this note to Juyeon”, Jiyeon said as she wrote the message on the board in their living room.

 

 ----- I’m going out on a date with Hyunjung unnie<3 -----

                                                                                            Jiyeon

 

“And done! Now let’s go! Where to?”, Jiyeon grinned

“Remember the newly opened café we had been wanting to try? I think it would be great for us to start the day by eating there”

“Oh! I know! I’ve been wanting to try it so bad. I’m so excited!”, Jiyeon jumped happily as she laced their fingers together to go to their first destination.

"Lead the way unnie"

 

It was a newly opened café just 15 minutes away from the apartment. Despite being newly opened, they heard lots of great reviews about it and had been dying to try it out. The café was famous for its breakfast and coffee, which was perfect for the moment.

 

They arrived at the café and looked at the place excitedly. The interior was homey, and it gave off the warm and cozy feelings, with the scent of freshly baked pastries and coffee lingering in the air. Luckily, there were only a few guests at this time in the morning and they were directed to their table immediately by the waiter.

 

“Good morning ladies, here’s our menu” the waiter said politely.

“What should we get unnie?” Jiyeon excitedly checked the menu.

 

They decided to go with a salad, breakfast set, fluffy pancakes and two coffees.

 

-----

 

“Here are your orders”, the waiter said as he arranged the plates and drinks on the table.

“You can call me if you need anything else” he added while smiling widely at Jiyeon.

“The waiter seems to like you” Hyunjung muttered with a small voice then took a sip of her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter