Doyeon's Message

Text Confession

Doyeon: Hey Yoojung, so I’ve been thinking... I really need to talk to you

Doyeon: Please don’t reply until I finish typing, you know what I’m like... I’ll get distracted

Doyeon: I’m in love with you, and I don’t mean platonically or in a friendly way.

I love the sound of your voice... It’s my favourite sound, even when you first wake up and think you sound gross... I think you sound lovely.

I love your cute little giggle that you do when you get nervous or excited. It’s the most adorable sound in the universe.

I love the way you laugh, I know you hate your laugh but honestly it’s like music to my ears.

I love your smile; it’s so bright I swear it could light up a dark room.

I love the way your eyes scrunch up when you do your beautiful grin.

I love the sparkle in your eyes.

I love how small you are, and our height difference. I love being able to rest my chin on your head when I hug you.

I love your hair. Long or short, I think you always look beautiful.

I love your adorable squishy cheeks.

I love your bright lips.

I love how well you know and understand me, in fact...  Sometimes I feel like you’re the only person who truly understands me, Yoojung. You can always tell when I’m upset or angry, and you always manage to put a smile back on my face. Even when I’m feeling happy, just talking to you instantly makes me feel so much happier. You’re like the sunshine in my life that I need to keep me going through tough days.

Honestly, sometimes when I can’t sleep... The only thing that helps me sleep is knowing that I’ll be able to speak to you when I wake up. You really are the only person/thing in my life that keeps me going, Yoojung.

Sometimes I want to quit being an idol because of all the pressure on me, but then I think of you. I think of how we both managed to get through Produce 101 and get into I.O.I, I think about how now we’ve finally debuted together after training for years together... I can’t quit. And the reason why, is you.

I didn’t want to tell you at first because I didn’t want to ruin our friendship or make things awkward between us, because you are my best friend. I mean, we’ve been friends since third grade so losing you would be like losing a piece of my heart, my life; I can’t afford to do that. I understand if you no longer want to be friends though.

Choi Yoojung, I am deeply in love with you. I just wanted you to know that.