Part 3

Can You Hear Me?

Part 3

 

Few weeks later after that casual talk between Chaeyeon and Eunbi, things are starting to run smoothly. Chaeyeon still invite Hyewon for dinner dates or just casual walk at the park. Eunbi are now slowly approaching Hyewon while occasionally offering her some foods that she cook. Of course, the pretty alien wont resist that, and it made the awkwardness between them vanish in an instant. Everything is perfect for Hyewon not until Chaeyeon needed to go out of town for the final documents that she needed to finish before her graduation day. Its supposed to be a 3-day trip but it got extended for some reasons that's why it feels like forever for hyewon. She would stop her if she had the chance but she knew that its an important matter so she just brush off the idea.

 

One night, Hyewon was alone in the dining room, deep in her thoughts while lightly tapping her fingers at the table when Eunbi suddenly approach her.

 

"You miss her that much huh?" Eunbi asked that startled the pretty alien.

 

"You startled me Eunbi unnie, ugh." Hyewon touch her chest with her palm while relaxing herself.

 

"How come aliens still get shock? I thought youre already aware of what's happening on your surrounding because you have yah know, powers or smth?" Eunbi pulled a chair next to Hyewon so they can talk properly.

 

"But aliens still have feelings unnie, and getting shock is one of them."

 

"Is missing someone considered as one of them too?" Eunbi smirked while raising her eyebrows.

 

"Uhhh.. yes of course, but who told you that I'm missing someone? Fyi unnie, I'm not." Hyewon pouted her lips while crossing her arms.

 

"For someone who stayed here in just a month you surely are a fast learner. You talk like a normal human now. I'm proud of you Hyewon." Eunbi laughs and it made the alien pout even more.

 

"Haha okay okay i'll stop. But do you know why i just knew that youre missing someone right now?"

 

"Yeah? Why unnie?"

 

"Because someone keeps on chanting this words like its a ritual to bring back the dead. She keeps on saying 'I MISS CHAEYEON, I MISS CHAEYEON, I MISS CHAEYEON' multiple times while tapping her fingers at the table." Eunbi paused while looking straight at Hyewon's eyes in a teasing manner. 


"So... do you know her? Its kinda irritating to be honest."

 

"You heard that unnie? Ugh! Its so embarassing!" Hyewon facepalmed while the blood of her veins starts creeping up to her face due to extreme shyness.

 

"Yeah i heard everything and i also know what should we do to ease that 'missing someone feeling' that you felt right now. Wanna know what is it?"

 

"What is it unnie?"

 

Eunbi extends her right arm to the still blushing alien and spoke, "Come with me. I'm sure you will like it."

 

- - - - - - - - - 

 

 

Eunbi dragged Hyewon out of their house and went to the ice cream shop just a few blocks away from them. It's not even her first time eating it but you can see the glow from the pretty alien's pair of eyes upon seeing the variety of flavors. She can't really choose one, that's why she ask Eunbi if she cant try all of it, which the latter comply right away. At this rate, no one can resist the charm of the pretty alien.

 

The older one can't help not to stiffle a laugh while watching Hyewon eat and her ice cream. Now she understood why Chaeyeon kept on calling her nicknames like "piggy" or "hamster" because of her love for food. She dont believe it at first, well of course if you base it on the girl's slim figure, but not that she's witnessing it, she just shook her head while smiling widely. The sight in front of her was very entertaining in a good way.

 

"Why are you smiling unnie?" Hyewon ask while her ice cream. They are now strolling by the park as per the alien's request. She loves the cool breeze of winter brushing on her face because it somehow reminds her of where she came from.

 

They sat by the kiddie swing while trying their best to fit their at the small space. Eunbi giggles at the question and pat Hyewon's arm.

 

"Because youre so adorable!" Eunbi pinch her cheeks not minding the words that came out of just now.

 

"Adorable means cute isn't it? So you like me now unnie? Because I'm cute?"

 

Eunbi was swinging happily but she almost fell upon hearing the alien's shocking question. She clearer and glared at the now confused Hyewon.

 

"W-WHAT? I-IM NOT!! W-what makes you say that?"

 

"You're not? But Chaeyeon likes me so I thought you like me too." Hyewon pouted her lips while swinging herself slowly.

 

"Hey, of course i like you too because were friends now right?"

 

Hyewon glanced at the older one and nodded but the sadness is still written on her face.

 

"But Chaeyeon's feelings for you are different."

 

"What do you mean unnie?"

 

Eunbi stand up from the swing then said. "You'll know when she comes back." She smiles before offering her hand to the dumbfounded alien. "Let's go? It's getting late."

 

"Hmm. Okay." Hyewon held the older one's warm hand and she never felt thankful in her entire life for having two awesome human friends who she can rely on.

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - 

 

 

After doing her night routines, Eunbi went to Hyewon's current room (which is Chaeyeon's) just to check up on her. She's contemplating whether to just barge in our to knock at the door first, worried if she's going to to interrupt whatever private matter the alien is up too. But then when she was about to knock at the door, Hyewon shouted sensing her presence.

 

"EUNBI UNNIE? COME IN!!"

 

Still recovering from the shock, Eunbi opens the door then shouted.

 

"YAH! WILL YOU STOP USING YOUR POWERS FOR ONCE WHEN YOU'RE WITH ME? YOU'RE GIVING ME A HEART ATTACK! Aish."

 

Hyewon giggles. "Sorry unnie, I cant help it." She made a peace sign then acted cutely.

 

"That wont work with me young lady." Eunbi rolled her eyes. "By the way, what are you doing?"

 

"I'm trying to sleep unnie, can you teach me? Am i doing it right?" Hyewon ask while lying down and started to close her eyes. She tried her best to focus on sleeping by tossing and turning on the bed but to no avail. Eunbi giggles at the sight of the struggling alien in front of her.

 

"Stop acting like this for god's sake Hyewon, I dont want to start my first ever fight with my best friend," Eunbi thought.

 

Hyewon suddenly get up from the bed and sit up straight. She glared at Eunbi who are standing next to her then asked, "Why unnie? Why would you fight with your best friend?"

 

Eunbi shook her head in reply. "How on earth did i forgot that you can actually read minds you silly alien," she ruffles the alien's hair and smiled at her.

 

"I wont fight with anyone okay? Now if you really want to sleep I can help you with that." Eunbi sat next to Hyewon and guided her head to rest on her lap, on which the alien obliged.

 

"Wow, this position feels so comfortable, I think i can really sleep now." She tilted her head to look at Eunbi.

 

"Thanks unnie. Should i greet you a goodnight then?"

 

Eunbi laughs. "Of course. Now close your eyes." She stared at her pointy nose and poke it lightly.

 

"Goodnight unnie. I will sleep now."

 

"Goodnight Hyewon. Sweetdreams."

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - 

 

 

 

"EUNBI UNNIE!" Chaeyeon run down from the bus and skip her way to her best friend with a huge smile plastered on her face.

"CHAEYEON!" Eunbi welcomed her with a big hug. Three weeks without someone to nag and annoy with feels like hell for her, so she can't deny that she missed her a lot (but she will never admit it).

 

Chaeyeon pulled away from the hug. "Miss me? Because I miss you so much!"

 

"Is it really me? Or the other pretty resident on our house?"

 

"Naah, of couse i missed you both unnie! By the way, where is she? She didn't even welcome me?"

 

"Are you nuts? Your girlfriend is lifeless as of this moment, have you forgotten already?"

 

"Unnie, she's not my girlfriend."

 

"Yet?" Eunbi more.

 

"UNNIE!" Chaeyeon blushed hard while covering her face.

 

"I never knew that a shy version of yours can be so endearing, I think i can get used to this." Eunbi turns around to walk her way to her parked car with a still blushing Chaeyeon following her lead.

 

After they were settled on their seats, Eunbi spoke again. "But seriously Chaeyeon she's a great catch. Don't ever let her go."

 

Chaeyeon glared at the older one with her questioning look. "Did something happen while I'm away? You sounded like you know her a lot."

 

"Maybe both of you can read minds Chae, but don't underestimate the power of my instincts. And i can assure you that Hyewon is the one for you. You still haven't figured out why your ability to read minds are now gone huh? What a slow witted creature." Eunbi shook her head before starting her engine and shifted her focus on the road.

 

"Hey take that back! I'm still figuring it out okay? Bear with me."

 

"Then figure it out fast Chae, you'll never know what will happen next."

 

Silence engulfed on both of them when Eunbi's phone suddenly rings. She pressed the button to answer the call but didn't put it on speaker.

 

"WHAT? HOW DID IT HAPPEN? IS SHE OKAY?" Eunbi shouted while talking to the other person on the other line. Both of her hands are now shaking while gripping tightly on the stirring wheel. Her complexion turned pale and this made the person on the passenger's seat became worried just by looking at her best friend's reaction.

 

"Alright, were on our way there. Calm down Yena okay? I'll hang up now. Bye."

 

"What happen?" Chaeyeon asked as soon as Eunbi ended the call.

 

"We need to hurry. Hyewon is in danger."

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - 

 

 

 

They safely arrived at the destination Yena instructed them. At first Chaeyeon thought they were going somewhere excluded or worse at the hospital and will go straight to her room, but what she saw was nowhere near her expectation. With her knees still trembling with fear, she went out of the car to look at the fine dining restaurant right in front of them. The place seems cozy, with the pathway surrounded with fresh flowers and beautiful landscapes.

 

Chaeyeon glanced at her friend who was busy checking for something on her bag. "Fiesta Bloom Restaurant?" 

 

"Don't ask me Chae, i dont know either. We use a GPS remember? So I'm sure this is the right place. You should go inside first, I'm still looking for something."

 

"Hmm okay."

 

Chaeyeon went inside or more like running in search for Hyewon. She focused on the positive thoughts and silently praying that she's safe but still negative thoughts are interrupting her mind and it makes her heart go wild, not to mention that Eunbi's words earlier are also distracting her. She will not forgive herself if something bad happen to her.

 

A beautiful garden welcomed her, with lanterns became the source of the light. The pathway was surrounded by different kinds of flowers and green leaves, with small incandescent lamps in between the green bush. If it weren't for the current situation, she will stop and allow herself to admire the beauty that it beholds. But she needs to find Hyewon as soon as possible and make sure that she's safe.

 

As she was about to push the door to the dining area, she heard someone behind her and calling her name.

 

"CHAEYEON!"

 

"Yena? Yuri?! Where's Hyewon? Is she okay?" Chaeyeon asked while shouting since her friend are a few meters away from her.

 

"Come here quick! She's here!" Yena shouted back while ushering Chaeyeon to come near her. Chaeyeon followed suit with her heart beating uncontrollably. These are the moments when her powers will come on handy but unfortunately odds are not in favor with her right now. With heavy steps she followed her friend who went at the back portion of the garden. She never knew that this restaurant could be this huge because it actually look smaller on the outside. She's expecting Hyewon on a bad state but she was dumbfounded with what she saw. Life sized mannequins are right in front of her, wearing the same outfits which are familiar to her and the shocking part is that all of the mannequins look exactly the same as Hyewon.

 

"What kind of crazy stunt is this?" Chaeyeon asked  completely flabbergasted.

 

"This is the alien's idea okay? Dont take this on me. Just go with the flow will yah?" 

 

"But how? And where is she?" Chaeyeon kept on glancing at the scattered mannequins in front of her but she couldnt pin point which one is the real Hyewon.

 

"Hahaha, just follow the number signs Chae, I thought youre one of the dean's lister this year?"

 

"So your point is?"

 

"Aigoo, why so dumb? Now go! Hyewon is starting to get impatient!" 

 

Getting annoyed by her friend's dumbness, Yena pushed Chaeyeon towards the first mannequin, while secretly eyeing the poor Hyewon who are now struggling to stay still at her place.

 

"Now, get that sticky note on the mannequin's chest and read what's at the back. Just keep doing that until you finish everything. Remember to follow the number arrangement." Yuri instructed her friend who are now wearing an unreadable expression.

 

Before she read the first note, Chaeyeon glared at the two one last time and asked, "So this means shes okay right? I still need to make sure that shes fine."

 

"Just start reading it will yah? Enough with the questions! Ugh." Yena rolled her eyes while shaking her head.

 

"Okay okay! Geez, why so grumpy?" Chaeyeon start to flip the first note and it says:

 

 

1. Finding your perfect match and falling in love is not that hard.

 

 

Chaeyeon raised her eyebrows before proceeding to the 2nd mannequin.

 

 

2. As u can see, there are lots of replicas of mine. A pretty looking mannequin just like how pretty human girls are everywhere.

 

 

3.You'll get distracted, that's for sure, just like how am i when i first got here

 

 

"I dont get distracted, because I'm prettier than them." Chaeyeon whispered but loud enough for Yena to hear who are just following her at her back. 

"Getting confident now are we? What happen to the shy Chaeyeon?"

"Shut up duck. I'm reading the next one."

 

 


4. But if you just take a closer look, if you just listen to every beat of their hearts

 

 

 

5. If youre heart starts beating rapidly when youre near to that person

 

 

 

6. If you just focus on finding the right one, destiny will find its way, to the one that are rightfully yours

 

 

 

7. And trully meant for you

 

 

 

"When did you become so smart about this huh?" Chaeyeon smiled widely while shaking her head. 

 

 

"Oww! It hurts!" Hyewon suddenly moved from her current position because her right leg that are tiptoed starts aching badly.

 

"Hyewon stay still and be quiet! She's almost done! Dont ruin it!" Yena shouted while eyeing her friend if ever she saw what Hyewon did but thankfully Chaeyeon didn't even budge and continue reading the notes.

 

"I'm sherrii!" Hyewon shouted in muffled words, trying her best not to open and keep her fixated smile.

 

Unbeknownst to them, Chaeyeon already saw what happened but didnt react for her not to ruin Hyewon's plan. She cant wait to finish this so she can hug the alien that she missed so much. She must be hurt with all of this stunt but she was deeply touched for her effort. She giggled while lowering her head and proceeded on reading the next note.

 

 

 

8. As for me? Im confident that i found her, and i cant never thank the human gods and all of the gods in my universe

 

 

 

9. Because ever since i met her, i became the happiest alien ever to exist

 

 

 

10. I promise to cherish and love her forever, and to make her the happiest pretty looking human on earth. 

 

 

 

 

Chaeyeon's steps starts getting heavy, not because she's scared but because she was extremely happy right now. Her heart are now overflowing with happiness and love for the prettiest alien on the universe that are right in front of her. She proceed on the second to the last mannequin and read the note.

 

 

 

11. I'm grateful that i found mine, and that is...

 

 

 

 

She take the last few steps and stops at the last figure who starts smiling back at her, but still not moving a single muscle. She stared at the alien's glistening brown orbs and blushed hard.

 

"Read the last note Chaeyeon, for you to break the curse," Hyewon whispered, not wanting to tear up her loving gaze at her.

 

Chaeyeon giggled. "Okay."

 

 

 

12. YOU.

 

 

 

 

"Me?" Chaeyeon pointed herself whilr showing her cheeky smile.

 

Hyewon starts moving right after Chaeyeon read the last note. But before she can say anything, Chaeyeon suddenly hugs her while pressing her head against her neck while sniffing her scent.

 

"I miss you so much Hyewon." Chaeyeon hugs her even tighter not wanting to let her go just yet.

 

"I miss you too Chaeyeon. More than you'll ever know." 

 

After a few minutes, Hyewon pulled away from the hug and held both of her hands. She missed those warm hands brushing against hers. She kissed the back of her palm, the left one first and then the right one before letting it go.

 

"Look at your hands Chaeyeon," Hyewon instructed.

 

Chaeyeon look at the back of her hand and saw a weird looking symbols. She glared at Hyewon and asked, "How do i read this? Do i have to decode it?"

 

Hyewon laughs at her cute remark. "No Chaeyeon, that is how we express our genuine feelings to someone. You can read those symbols as 'I ashaya du' which means," she paused and guided her to look at her hands again. She held her hand while Chaeyeon miraculously saw how the symbols changed into an english words that are now very familiar to her. 

 

"Y-you l-love me?" Chaeyeon stuttered while staring at Hyewon's eyes.

 

Hyewon grinned widely. "Yes i do. I love you Lee Chaeyeon, the prettiest and the most awesome human being i ever met. You might find it weird but i had a lot of realizations while you were gone. And i can be 100% sure that my feelings for you are real. You made me the happiest alien ever since i met you that even your mere existence is already a blessing to me." 

 

Chaeyeon covers with both of her palm. She can't believe what was happening right now. The alien is in love with her? And what about her? Is this the one Eunbi is telling her about getting healed? Is she falling for the pretty alien too?

 

But before she could conclude anything, speaks the words that her heart genuinely wants to say.

 

"I love you too Avaenozi Hyeuwonieeya Ngeuk. The prettiest Avalinian ever existed in the whole universe. Yes, it feels weird saying this all of a sudden but maybe I'm just in denial all this time. Maybe Eunbi unnie is right. Your love healed me." She held her cheeks with her palm and smiled widely.

 

Hyewon blushed hard but her eyes widen at what she just heard. "W-aait.. c-come again? H-how did you know my real name? I dont remember telling it to you before."

 

"Hmm.. i just figured it out myself," Chaeyeon crossed her arms while raising her eyebrows in a teasing manner.

 

"Chaeyeon." 

 

Hyewon's piercing glare at her is enough for Chaeyeon to behave. Getting whipped now huh?

 

"Okay okay, enough with the deadly glares. I just accidentally saw it on your bikini few weeks ago when im doing the laundry. I thought its just the brand name so i tried googling it but there is no result." 

 

Hyewon who are fuming a few seconds earlier change her mood rather quickly and show off her dashing smile while giggling softly.

 

"Hmm i see.. I like it. Can you say it again?"

 

"Avaenozi Hyeuwonieeya Ngeuk. Did i pronounce it correctly?"

 

Hyewon nods. "Yes!" she pressed her forehead unto Chaeyeon's and grinned widely like a lovesick girl while staring at her brown orbs.

 

 

"I ashaya du Lee Chaeyeon."

 

 

"I ashaya du Hyewon. I love you so much." 

 

 

"Is that I love you in english? Should i switch it on now?" Yuri whispered to Yena who are so preoccupied at the two lovebirds.

 

"Hah? What? Ohh.. yes yes i think thats it. Switch it on now!"

 

"Okay!" Yuri pressed the button and then the fairy lights and the lanterns that are hanging on the walls and trees of the garden shone brightly with different variety of colors. Chaeyeon was distracted but smiled even wider upon seeing the beautiful lights illuminating the place.

 

"Do you like it?" Hyewon asked while intertwining her hands at her girlfriend.

 

"Yes. These are so beautiful, and i love it. Thank you so much." Chaeyeon gripped the alien's hand even tighter while smiling widely. "How did you plan all of this?"

 

"I'll tell you some other time. So can i officially call you my girlfriend now?"

 

Chaeyeon giggles. "Of course my love. It's my pleasure."

 

 

 

 

"Hey lovebirds! Did you kiss already? Am i late?" Eunbi suddenly arrive alerting all of them.

 

Chaeyeon whipped her head at the sound of the familiar voice. "EUNBI UNNIE! Ugh! How could you fool me?"

 

"Unnie! Where have you been? You missed everything!" Yuri exclaimed.

 

"Yeah! You even left me and tolerate Chaeyeon's dumbness alone! How could you unnie!" Yena wailed like a kid while stomping her feet.

 

"Yah! I contributed a huge part of this plan okay? And you Chaeyeon, dont put this on me, I know you enjoyed it as much as we did so cut the drama will yah? Geez," Eunbi rolled her eyes and shifted her gaze at the pretty alien who remained silent the whole time. "So Hyewon? About our plan?"

 

"Unnie! Don't pressure me!" Hyewon pouted while covering her face with her palm.

 

Chaeyeon raised her eyebrows. "Pressure with what?"

 

"Clock is ticking Hyewon," Eunbi said while checking her clock and stomping her left foot impatiently.

 

"Fine! Fine ill do it!" 

 

"That's my girl," Eunbi grinned mischievously.

 

Hyewon shifted her gaze at her girlfriend. "Uhh, Chaeyeon? Can you close your eyes for a moment?"

 

"Why? Why would i do it? Are you going to teleport or something?"

 

"No, its not that, ugh.." Hyewon face palmed. "Just do it okay?"

 

"Just be thankful that i love you so much or else," Chaeyeon whispered before following the alien's orders.

 

"Okay. Just stay still hmm?" Hyewon inch closer while cupping Chaeyeon's cheeks with her palm. She kissed the tip of her nose before staring at her plump lips. She bit her lower lip and blushed hard before pressing her lips unto hers. Chaeyeon was shocked of course, resulting for her to open her eyes at the sudden contact. She felt nervous and froze at her place but relaxed eventually. The moment she starts to reciprocate the kiss, they heard the sound of fireworks that are now lightning up the night sky. The more they deepen the kiss, the louder the fireworks are. 

 

Eunbi look up at the sky and enjoyed the fireworks, feeling satisfied with how their plan turns out to be.

 

Yuri suddenly nudge her on her side interrupting her thoughts and whispered to her ear. "Unnie, where did the fireworks came from? We didnt provide those right?"

 

"Yes Yuri. Fireworks will light up the sky when a kiss of true love has been made. It also means that our plan works out pretty well." Eunbi answered while staring at the lovebirds.

 

"Oooh, so it came from Hyewon? That is so cool!" Yena exclaimed while clapping her hands. "But unnie, how do you know all about this? Did Hyewon told you about it?"

 

Eunbi ignored the question and just patted Yena's head. She shifted her gaze at the lovebirds and her smile vanished in an instant upon realising something.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm happy for you Hyewon, I really do. But i need to execute my plan. I'm sorry." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tbc

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                 - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - - - 

Sorry for the long wait! The next part will be the last one, with some flashbacks and all so until next update! Thank you for reading! :)