Part 1

Can You Hear Me?

It was a fine afternoon and Chaeyeon was happily sipping her favorite black pearl milktea while strolling at the mall when suddenly her delicate ears heard a faint sound.  It's funny because she can actually hear all of the people's thoughts but her mind was specifically focused on that sound, or more like a cry for help.

 

"Help.. Help me please. I'm begging you." 

 

Those pleading words continuosly rang inside her head and it made her lost her focus. And by instinct, she immediately followed the sound not minding where her feet would take her. She stopped at a particular boutique because the sound became louder and much clearer in that area. And she assumed that its a girl base on the soft voice. She went inside and scanned the crowd, hoping to get an eye contact with the mysterious girl. She tried her best to get an indirect eye contact with all the girls inside but she can't seem to find that distinct voice. And its a knew thing for her because she can easily distinguish where the sound is coming from or who's the owner of that sound.

 

"Well, maybe she's still on her way here. I'm willing to wait." Chaeyeon thought and decided to seat at one of the high chairs inside the boutique. 

 

"I'm here.. please help me."

 

Chaeyeon's senses awakens when the voice grew louder. She scan the crowd once more to look for the owner of that voice but to no avail. She must go to her last resort now. She knew that it can be counted as cheating but she doesn't mind it at all.

 

"Where are you?" Chaeyeon closes her eyes and focused on talking to the voice.

 

"I'm here. I'm wearing a bikini," she heard it almost a whisper.

 

"Bikini? What the hell are you ta---oh," Chaeyeon cant believe what she just heard. Who else wears a bikini in this boutique other than......

 

To make sure that she's assuming it correctly, Chaeyeon rushed towards the tall and slender figure in front of her. Taking deep breaths, she faces the mannequin and look straight into her eyes. Well, she would look like a complete idiot right now because of what she's doing but she couldn't care less.

 

Her heart starts beating loudly when her eyes caught up with hers. And as weird as it may sound, her  assumptions are right. That voice really comes from this tall and beautiful mannequin. For the nth time she can't believe it. It's her first time to encounter such a rare occurance. Her jaw dropped and blinked a couple of times, still dumbfounded by all of this set up. 

 

"Yes.. it's me, please believe everything that you knew as of this moment and get me out of here.. i'm begging you." Her thoughts were cut off when she heard her pleading request once more. She look straight into her eyes again as if she's having a staring contest with a steal figure and contemplating on how would she be able to help her.

 

"Okaaaay? So.. how am I going to help you? Should I just grab you and ran away?"

 

"Uhuh.. you got it."

 

"But there are guards everywhere! I will surely get caught before i even reach the exit!" 

 

"Just trust me young lady.. let me handle this. Just do as I say."

 

"I'm not sure if I can really trust you but ugh!!! Why am I doing this in the first place? And why am i talking to a freaking mannequin?" Chaeyeon creased her eyebrows and tugs her hair in frustration. Her head hurts from all this talking inside her head. And she swear on her dear life that she saw the mannequin flashed a faint smile and then winked at her. What the hell? She's creepy!

 

Taking deep breaths, Chaeyeon shook her hands to relax her nerves and her pounding heart. "Okay.. On a count of three."

 

"One.."

 

"Two.."

 

"Three!!!"

 

Chaeyeon lifted the tall mannequin with all her might and sprinted her way towards the exit.

 

"Hey stop right there!" One of the security guards saw Chaeyeon and tried to corner her but before he can even walk towards her, the mannequin's eyes shone a bright coral light and made the people around them stop whatever they're doing. It was like the time had paused for a while giving her the chance to excape without any hindrances.

 

"AWESOME!" Chaeyeon can't help but to shout in complete amazement.

 

"Let's get out of here now! There's no time to waste!" The girl demanded making Chaeyeon resume to her excape plan.

 

- - - - -

 

"I'm home!" Chaeyeon shouted upon arriving at her dorm. She drop the mannequin by the doorstep and slumped herself on the sofa, feeling extremely drained. Don't ask about her struggle on her way home because she literally experienced the worst case scenario. She freaking walk her way home for about an hour because apparently she can't ride a train or a bus with a huge and heavy mannequin on her arm.

 

"Hey! What happen to you?" Eunbi, Chaeyeon's bestfriend emerged from the kitchen and asked her worriedly.

 

"Ask her." Chaeyeon point her finger lazily at the mannequin behind Eunbi.

 

"Who?" Eunbi turned around and was shocked upon seeing the tall figure. 

 

"Chaeyeon... explain yourself right now. Why on earth did you brought a mannequin here? You said you were going to buy a new dress for your graduation next month! But you bought a freaking mannequin instead!" Eunbi exclaimed completely confused by her bestfriend's rediculous actions.

 

"Stop with the nagging okay? I'm tired~" Chaeyeon replied before covering her face with the pillow.

 

"Is this something related to your weird ability again?" Eunbi seat beside Chaeyeon and tap her shoulder.

 

"Yes. And you know I have no control over it." Chaeyeon muffled her words due to the pillow she's hugging. She straigthened on her seat and started explaining what happen earlier at the mall.

 

"It doesn't make sense. So you mean that this mannequin is actually alive or something?" Eunbi narrowed her eyes at the tall figure from her head down to her foot before looking at Chaeyeon.

 

"I'm not sure about that unnie. All i know is that she needs me. And I want to know why," Chaeyeon stared at the mannequin, concern written on her face.

 

- - - - - -

 

Chaeyeon brought the mannequin inside her room because her bestfriend claims that she doesn't want to see some freaking statue staring back at her when she wakes up early in the morning. Well, she could relate to her too.

 

It's still early for bedtime but her sleepy eyes are demanding her to lay in bed and take a rest. She looked at the clock and it says 5:55pm. Maybe she can take a quick nap before taking a shower. She lay on her bed and thought of her previous encounter with the mannequin. She can't quite figure out why and how on earth did a non-living thing can even talk with her on her mind? She was cracking her head for possible reasons but she just can't come up with one.

 

She was about to close her eyes and drift to sleep when suddenly her eyes caught with a striking light coming from her own room. She covered her sight with her arm because the light was too strong that it can turn someone blind just by looking at it directly.

 

As the light gradually subsides, Chaeyeon was able to open her eyes but was welcomed by an unfamiliar human being. Her sight was still blurry due to the intense impact of the light so she squinted her eyes to focus on the human figure of a girl in front of her.

 

"Hello." The girl softly greeted her with a huge grin plastered on her face.

 

"AAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!" And that was Chaeyeon, shouting with all her might due to extreme fear.

 

"Who are you and how on earth did you come here? And please wear some decent clothes! Ugh!" Chaeyeon covered her eyes with her palm while still shaking nervously.

 

"Hmm.. you brought me here right? And by the way, what is clothes?" The girl giggled softly before talking again. "I'm sorry, I'm still unfamiliar with how human world works." 

 

"You are wearing a freaking two piece!!! Just... cover up will you? Wait a sec," Chaeyeon ignored her scaredy self for a while and started rummaging her closet to look for a loose shirt and sweat pants.

 

"Here, put these on," She throw the clothes to the puzzled girl who just stared at her with her clueless expression.

 

"Uhmm.." the girl hummed reluctantly while staring at the clothes on the floor.

 

Chaeyeon raised her eyebrow. "Don't tell me you don't have any idea on how to wear that?"

 

The girl nodded shyly making Chaeyeon scoffed in annoyance. She inhaled sharply before walking closer to the shy girl who are now bowing her head.

 

"Alright now stand up straight and let me help you." Chaeyeon grab the clothes on the floor and proceed on helping the poor girl. When she was about to insert the hole of the shirt unto her head, she lean closer making the shy girl gasped at the direct contact. She can inhale Chaeyeon's sweet scent that was brushing on her nose and feel her breath on her face. She was clueless on what's happening to her but she can feel her face getting warmer which is very unusual because her body temperature are usually low. She stared unto the pretty human's brown orbs who are still busy in covering her up. Her mere presence makes her heartbeat go wild that it can burst out anytime soon. It was an unfamiliar feeling and whatever it is, she was not complaining.

 

"There you go." Chaeyeon smiled before halting backwards, scratching her head in the process.

 

"So?"

 

"Yes?"

 

"Who exactly are you?" Chaeyeon finally had the courage to ask again.

 

"Isn't it obvious?" The girl giggled while walking closer to Chaeyeon.

 

"You mean," Chaeyeon gasped upon realizing everything. Her jaw dropped for the second time this day not believing was she was seeing right now.

 

"Yes. And I owe you my life pretty human." The girl held Chaeyeon's warm hand and as her skin brushed against hers, that unfamiliar feeling started to crept up inside of her again. 

 

"Is this the feeling of being inlove? Just like what my father did with my mortal mother?" The girl thought.

 

On the other hand, Chaeyeon was in pure disbelief. She cant grasp the fact that everything that is happening right before her eyes are true. Well, what can she say? She herself was far from being normal in the first place, so maybe this unbealivable incident can actually happen in real life.

 

Chaeyeon cleared before she spoke. "I have a name you know. Stop calling me a pretty human."

 

"Well, what's your name then?"

 

"My name is Lee Chaeyeon. You can just call me Chaeyeon because i assumed were about the same age." She guided the girl towards the bed for them to seat and talk comfortably.

 

The girl stiffle a laugh. "I beg to dissagree. I'm sure you will be shocked when I tell you my age."

 

"How old are you then?" Chaeyeon raised her eyebrow.

 

"I'm about to reach my 900th yr of existence. Well not here of course. But on my planet." 

 

Chaeyeon won't deny the fact that she was taken aback by that information. But then she remembered that this girl needed her help so she composed herself and calmed her nerves.

 

"Hmm.. but you don't look like someone who is living a hundred of years already." Chaeyeon scrutinize the girl's facial features by leaning closer to her.

 

"W-what d-do y-you m-mean?" The girl blushed hard while trying to avert her gaze at Chaeyeon.

 

Chaeyeon grinned then guided the girl's chin to face her. "Because you still look effortlessly beautiful and it would be extremely rude for me to call you a grandma." 

 

The girl giggled in response and gently tap Chaeyeon's shoulder. But the girl was too strong that a gentle tap from her makes Chaeyeon almost fell to the floor. Thankfully she was able to grab unto the girl's wrist pulling her back into the bed.

 

Chaeyeon glared at the girl. "After all the efforts i did to save you, this is how you're gonna repay me?"

 

"Haha I'm sorry i didn't mean it to be that hard! Where does it hurt? Let me see," The girl inched closer to check her.

 

"You're strength is really something! I should be more careful in throwing some pick up lines to you next time."

 

"Pick up lines?" The girl asked while holding chaeyeon's almost dislocated arm.

 

"You don't know that? I mean----AAAAHH! What was that for?" Chaeyeon screamed in pain when the girl suddenly twisted her arm.

 

"You're left arm is dislocated that's why i fixed it. Wait a sec," the girl lifted her hand just above Chaeyeon's now swolen arm and then suddenly her palm shone a bright coral light just like what she did at the mall. And then after a couple of minutes the pain subsides and she felt a lot better than before.

 

"Woah. Thank you uhh--" Chaeyeon paused unsure on how to address the girl in front of her.

 

"Hyewon. Just call me Hyewon." The girl winked then smiled widely showing off her eyesmile. 

 

Chaeyeon shifted in her seat and spoke. "What a beautiful name. Okay so Hyewon, can I ask you something?"

 

"Sure what is it?"

 

"Why are you desperately asking for help?" 

 

Hyewon's bright expression eventually fades upon hearing Chaeyeon's question. She sighed then look straight into her eyes.

 

"Honestly, I've been wanting to become a human eversince I was young. Because I really want to experience the feeling of being inlove and be loved by someone. Sadly, we don't do that in our world because we are born and raised to be strong, firm and independent. But then when my father met my mortal mother and fell in love for the first time, that's when I got curious. And because I'm dying with curiousity, I insisted my great grandmother to grant my request of becoming a mortal one for real. But of course, I have to work hard to earn it."

 

"And by working hard you mean?" Chaeyeon inched closer and held Hyewon's cold hand.

 

"She casted a spell on me of becoming a mannequin when the sun rises, and a human when the sun comes down." Hyewon sighed deeply while lowering her head.

 

"What? That's ridiculous! Why would she do that to you? You are her family for gods sake!" Chaeyeon exclaimed.

 

"Well, as I said, I have to work hard to earn it. My grandmom said that if I met someone with the kind and pure heart and that someone falls in love with me despite my current state, then that's true love. And true love can break any spell and can finally turn me into a human for real. It sounds cliché i know, but that's the truth."

 

"Well whoever that someone is, he/she must be so lucky to have you. I can assure you that." Chaeyeon smiled while staring at Hyewon's eyes.

 

Hyewon creased her eyebrows. "But how will I be able to know if someone will learn to love me if I dont even have any idea on how to fall inlove in the first place?"

 

"Hmm," Chaeyeon holds her chin while thinking deeply. "Well, I can help you with that."

 

The girl raised her eyebrows. "Really? How?"

 

"I'll teach you some basics. I'm a love expert you know." Chaeyeon smirked making the girl in front of her giggled cutely.

 

"I'm not sure if I can trust you enough. Are you sure you are really a love expert?" Hyewon mocked the younger girl by crossing her arms.

 

"What? Yes of course! I'll take you out for dates, we're going to watch movies, stroll by the park, and even let you eat all of the favorite foods you want. Just like a normal couple would do when they are inlove. How's that?" Chaeyeon raised her eyebrows cheekily.

 

"Hmm.. okay? So we will act as a couple who are inlove with each other? For me to understand the feeling?" Hyewon replied.

 

"Yes! So is it a deal?" Chaeyeon extend her hand for a handshake.

 

Hyewon stared at Chaeyeon's hand before looking straight into her eyes, contemplating on what to say. "Yes its a deal. But try not to fall inlove with me for real okay?" She laughs but the girl in front of her just frowned in response.

 

"What? I'm just kidding you grumpy girl!" Hyewon added.

 

"So it's okay with you if by any chance i fall inlove with you for real?" Its Chaeyeon's turn now to mock the girl in front of her. She leaned closer, their nose almost touching and she can actually feel Hyewon's breath on her face.

 

"Uh-uhh-uhmm--" Hyewon was taken aback by that question. She was left speechless and tried her best to move back from Chaeyeon's advances and averted her gaze once again.

 

"Hey! What was that?" Hyewon suddenly stood up and grab the camera that was on the bedside table, leaving the other girl dumbfounded by her randomness.

 

Still somewhat dissapointed, Chaeyeon answered. "That's a camera. It was used to take beautiful pictures."

 

"Oooh! Really? Can we try it?" Hyewon replied excitedly.

 

"Sure! Hand it to me." Chaeyeon grab the camera that was on Hyewon's hold then set the timer in 10seconds.

 

"So. On a count of 10, you have to strike a pose okay? Its up to you if you want to look pretty or just be playful and do a wacky pose. Just like this," Chaeyeon showed her a sample of a wacky and pretty pose and it makes Hyewon laugh histerically.

 

"Haha okay i can do that!"

 

Chaeyeon positioned the camera by her vanity mirror and looked at Hyewon. "So, are you ready?"

 

"Yes!!!"

 

"Okay. On a count of 10." Chaeyeon click the shutter to start the timer. "10..9...8..7..6--"

 

Hyewon's anticipation was clearly written on her face and it makes Chaeyeon admire the girl even more. She finds her cute and endearing and she can't help it. She was trying her best not to pinch those fluffy cheeks that was on her sight.

 

"3..2..1 NOW POSE!!" Chaeyeon can see at the corner of her eye that hyewon did follow her instructions that's why she grab the camera to check the final product.

 

"Let me see! Let me see!" Hyewon screamed in pure excitement and lean closer to take a glimpse of their shot.

 

"Aww, i love it!" Hyewon exclaimed.

 

"But I love you more." Chaeyeon whispered while staring at hyewon who are busy scrutinizing the shots.

 

Hyewon heard it but she just ignored it because to be honest she doesn't know how to react on that. She hides her blushing cheeks and returned the camera to Chaeyeon.

 

"So, it's late. Does humans usually sleep at this hour?" Hyewon glance at the clock and its already 11pm.

 

"Yeah. You should sleep on my bed, i'll just sleep at the couch."

 

"Lee Chaeyeon."

 

"What? We should sleep now so go ahead, maybe you're tired already." Chaeyeon walk towards the couch and was ready to lay down when she heard Hyewon's voice in her head.

 

"I'm not a human, that's why I dont sleep. So sleep here instead. No buts Chaeyeon."

 

Chaeyeon glared at Hyewon who are shooting daggers at her. She immediately stood up and went straight to her bed to lay her tired body.

 

"I'm here now okay? Enough with those deathly stares please?" Chaeyeon pleaded which earns a huge grin from the pretty alien. She nodded before walking towards the couch and take a seat comfortably.

 

"Goodnight Hyewon."

 

"Goodnight Chaeyeon."

 

- - - - -

 

"Sweetdreams Chae. Dream of me." Hyewon kissed her forehead and started caressing her cheeks and her lips. It was her dream to be able to kiss or be kissed by someone she truly love. Unknowingly, she stared at Chaeyeon's lucious lips and gulped hard. It was tempting, if only she knew how to kiss someone. So she just leaned closer and kissed her nose instead. She lay down her head and snuggled closer to Chaeyeon, enjoying the warmth that she feel whenever she's with her.

"Hmmm~I' ll dream of you." Chaeyeon murmured in her sleep while smiling widely.

 

- - - - -

 

 

Tbc