First Meet

Growing Pains
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

/ Sunset Road Publisher / May 2020 /

 

"Hyukjae, do you have any plan after lunch time?"

Hyukjae a little bit startled when he still waiting for the elevator and suddenly his boss--Leeteuk, ask him out of the blue.

 He doesn't hear Leeteuk's foot steps before.

"No, but I still need to proofread the romance novel, find the cover for--"

"That's why I call you!" Leeteuk snap his fingers. "Are you still interest to have a cover from Lee Donghae?"

"WHAT?! OF COURSE!" Hyukjae unconsciously yell at his boss. He cough after he realize it. "I mean, I already work here for almost two freakin' years and haven't got a chance to get it."

"You owe me then."

"D-do... do you mean--"

"He can add your project in this month. So if you already had your lunch, you better prepare your concept and we can meet him today."

Leeteuk can clearly see that Hyukjae's eyes are sparkling with happiness. Among four copy-editors in fiction division, only Hyukjae who hasn't been in project with Lee Donghae--a genius book cover designer who rarely agree to works with any publisher, except Sunset Road.

Different with his colleagues, Hyukjae thought not all of the novel he edited is match with Donghae's style. Somehow, he can feel the differences between Donghae's designs with another designer's. 

Donghae really had something that everyone doesn't have. And Hyukjae want his design match with his script.

However, because of that he is the only one copy-editor who hasn't in one project with Lee Donghae. When he find a masterpiece in his inbox, Donghae can't make it because his tight schedule and vice versa.

Now, knowing that he can meet him in person, makes Hyukjae happy until he can finish proofread 200 pages only in two hours.

••••••

Donghae arrive early in the coffee shop near Sunset Road office. He sips his coffee, smile when he can taste the bitterness of his espresso. 

He looks around and realize Leeteuk and his editor hasn't arrive yet. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter