Falling for your Name

Falling For Your Name (BtoB Minhyuk x Mamamoo Moonbyul) One-shot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minhyuk sat alone in his seat. With nothing else to do, he starts  fiddling with the front cover of his history book.

 

"Yah, Byul-ah, tell us your ideal type."

 

"" Minhyuk cursed under his breath. He bit his lower lip and closed his eyes so tight, that his eyeballs started to hurt.

 

Here it goes again. A conversation about Byul's ideal type. And its abosolutely something that Minhyuk prefer not to listen to.


"Me? I don't have one in particular"

But somehow he found himself glued to everyword and it irritates the hell out of him.

"Yah, Lee Minhyuk~My best pal~, my bestfriend, my amigo" Minhyuk's train of thoughts was cut by a rather annoyingly enough familiar voice.

He looked up to his right side and an unkept Eunkwang welcomed him. Bed hair stood up everywhere, his tie weren't tied properly, and upon closer look, dried toothpaste was somewhat stuck on his uniform.

With disgust, Minhyuk let out a deep sigh, and relaxed his shoulders "Spill it, what do you want?" He bluntly said as he sent daggers.

"Ah! You see, something bad came up last night, there was this burglar  who stole my history assignment. I was about to fight him but-"

-Whack!-

A notebook was thrown directly at Eunkwang's direction.

Minhyuk was irritated by the constant stupid lies that his childhood friend could come up to. Seriously, as days goes by, he's getting more and more stupid.

"Thanks, Amigo" He jokingly winked and settled himself beside the latter who was still sitting in his chair, resting his head with his left hand.

Minhyuk secretly  glanced at the corner of the classroom. To secretly spy on one soccer player.

It was Moon Byul Yi, an Indian dimpled girl. Quite popular for her exemptional athletic skills in soccer. Her friendly demeanor is also one of her good points.

To Minhyuk, Byul is way out of his league, sure he has the looks, and the brains, but he just can't talk to the girl. He would muster up his courage, but his body won't oblige to his order. He can't confess his love because he doesn't have the courage, and he can't even talk to her. How pathetic can he be?

Regardless, Minhyuk fell in love with the idea of falling in love. It was unpredictable and crazy and he loved it.

Minhyuk's thoughts were cut by the sudden prescense of their adviser who look liked he had grown up too fast. His features were surely for a 57-old man, but his height was trapped in a 12 year-old's body. He had his usual bowl cut and wore his typical yellow jumpsuit. With his unusual get-up, the students couldn't look at him without being reminded of Bruce Lee.

The students lunged to their sits as they noticed their adviser. Minhyuk smirked as he looked at his friend.

He calmly took his notebook from Eunkwang's table, who was still busy copying the assignments.

For a moment, the two played a game of tug of war, as Eunkwang pleaded to Minhyuk, to let him copy a bit longer.

They only stopped bickering  when a chalk mysteriously flew towards them, hitting Eunkwang's forehead. They looked angrily at the shooter, only to be welcomed by their crossed-arm adviser, whom, by his appearance, is in a foul mood. The two immediately behaved.

Eunkwang cursed lightly and internally cried. "I only copied 2 essays. I'm so dead!"

"Next time, check your doors, burglars are known nowadays." Minhyuk teased, without looking at Eunkwang while fighting himself from laughing out loud.

----------

Class ended without much hassle and the students bid their goodbyes. Some chatted happily and decided to hang-out for a bit. Some hurried back home. And some, went to their school clubs.

Minhyuk  was a regular of the men's soccer club. He was good, everyone who saw him play, knows that. Yet, was not appointed as the captain of the club because he was still in his second year.

Byul was the captain of the women's soccer club despite the fact of being a second year because there were no 3rd years. Lucky her. Note the sarcasm.

Minhyuk was chatting  in the locker room along with Changsub and Hyunsik, his friends from the different class.

"Girls nowadays are so troublesome" Changsub informed the two as he sat down to secure his tied shoelaces. The other two boys only gave him a questionable  look.

"Why? Did you fight with your chick again?" Hyunsik asked as he arranged his bag,  trying to find his bandana.

"I don't know. Yongsun was mad at me for no reason." He let out a deep sigh, showing how frustrated  he was.

Changsub and Yongsun had been going out for 2 years. They would fight here and there, but they loved each other dearly. And they knew that for themselves. They were the typical couple as one must say.

"I know what you mean, Hyejin just slapped me for no apparent  reason" with a sigh coming from Hyunsik's parted lips, his shoulders relaxed.

"Hey, second years!" shouting rent the air. What was once peaceful became polluted with rage. Everyone tensed.

Minhyuk looked at the direction of the voice.

Junghoon

Junghoon, the captain of the soccer club is a year higher than Minhyuk. And among the students, he was feared as he was the leader of a gang, Jannabi. His masculine body and family background would send shivers even to the faculty staffs.

Rumors once escalate that he once bullied someone near death. Regardless, he escaped the penalties because of his family background. He was one of those who you want to get on their good side.

"Yah!" He shouted as he kicked a bench upside down, "Second Years! Can't you ing hear me!?" He grabbed Minhyuk by the collar and glared at him.

Minhyuk only cursed internally, "students like him should be ing expelled"

"What is it Hyung?" Minhyuk faked a smile, even if his pride says that he should fight, he wouldn't. At that moment, he just want to end their meaningless conversation.

Junghoon let out sickening laugh.
"Moon Byul Yi-the captain of the female soccer club, do you know her?" He asked with his rough voice, eyes looking wide as if he found the next girl he would treat as his play thing.

Minhyuk unconsciously emmited a low growl, the thought of Junghoon playing with Byul's feelings sends shivers to his spine. Anger started to fume,

"Don't fuc-

"-Ahh! Byul-ssi, Yes Hyung, we know her, but we weren't able to talk to her even for once.... So we don't actually know her..." Changsub butted in saving his friend's dear life. No one knows if Minhyuk could even survive the day if he finished that sentence.

Junghoon turned his gaze to Changsub which made the latter flinched. "That damn Minhyuk, his sharp tongue is trouble. He should treat me later!" Changsub internally said to himself.

With his hands in his pocket, Junghoon went closer to Changsub, he only stopped when his face is only inches away from him. Junghoon smirked,

"Yes. That Byul, don't ing talk to her, don't go near her. She's mine to play with" and with that warning, Junghoon walked out like nothing disasterous happened, his friends, or more like slaves tailed him like they were supposed to do.

All of the members of the soccer club looked at the group of thugs as they made their way to the door. When they finally left, deep sighs were made by the club members.

"Yah-Aish! Lee Minhyuk, why would you do that?" Changsub asked as he collapsed on his knees.

"That monkey could ing kill you if he wants." Hyunsik implied,  massaging his temples as he looked at his friends.

Minhyuk only nodded while giving his thanks. But internally, he was angry for being too weak to even protect the girl he likes.

He clicked his tongue from annoyance, "what kind of a man am I if I can't even stand up for a girl that I've fallen to. I'm so pathetic"

Because of the ruckuss that had happened,  the vice-captain of the club, Sandeul, only had them practice for a good 30 minutes ran.

-----------------

"Dude, gotta run, Hyejin wants us to meet up" Hyunsik informed as he started to jog.

The two only nodded and proceeded talking until they finally need to separate paths. Since they live in different blocks.

Minhyuk strolled down the streets, swaying his bag back and forth. Realizing how dry his throat had become, he went to the nearest vending machine.

He quickly got his favorite soda, and sat down.

"I wish I could just talk to her" he whispered to himself as he drank.

I'm a jerk that hopes that the one she likes has someone else. Its hopeless right? I know,....I know but-

Realizing what he had thought, he bit his lower lip, I'm so pathetic! I should be happy if her confession works out. Haaa.. , I wonder who she likes?

------------

Minhyuk's POV

"Uwaa" I let out a yawn, I really didn't get a wink of sleep last night, Aside from the pile of assignments, Byul kept on running through my mind.

I lazily dragged my sleepy body towards my class. I swear, I'm gonna hit the bed first thing this afternoon, screw school.

Before I knew it, I arrived at my destination, I was about to slide the door open when someone opened it from the other side.

B-Byul?

We stood there for a straight 2-seconds that seemed to be longer. Our eyes met each other. I want to go talk with Byul! Come on, Lee Minhyuk, you could do a simple greet!

"B-" Say something!

"B?" She repeated, with a curious look

"B-Bed hair," . What the hell am I saying! Lee Minhyuk, you're so lame!

"Huh?" She blushed lightly, not fully understanding what I had meant.

"Ah- I mean, Good morning, By the way, there's a bed hair, pointing up" I tried speaking up, trying not to stutter like a toddler who just learned how to talk.

She timidly touched her hair and smiled brightly like the star she is,

-Ba-dump-

"Thank you for telling me"

Not knowing what to answer, I only nodded, looking at the floor trying so hard to hide my blushing face. She patted my shoulders and waved as she ran outside.

-Ba-dump-

Byul, I've finally talk to her. For the very first time...

-Ba-dump-

And for the whole day, Eunkwang kept teasing me on how dumb I looked because like a rare blue moon, he arrived earlier, and saw the whole thing. But I didn't care. For the whole day, I looked like the cat in the "Alice in the Wonderland" as I was smilling widely.

-------

Byul's POV

"Yah- Byul tell us your ideal type." Yongsun asked me as she munched her way through her meat bun and sipped her soda every now and then, I don't even know what's wrong with this girl, she called me last night, crying, complaining that she had gained some weight. And guess what she's doing right now?

She shook my shoulder, waiting for an answer. I just sighed.

This special someone that they kept on asking me......I don't think I found him yet. Besides, right now, I'm that type of girl who's not looking for any attention from a guy.

Hence, putting on a grin, I tried dodging the same question yet again, "Me? I don't have one in particular."

Whee in, who was beside me, copying my notes, stamped her feet, pouted, as she said, "Byul, you're dodging it again!"

Hwasa continued, slightly irritated, "Byul, don't you feel out of place? I got Hyunsik, Yongsun got Changsub, and Whee in got Taehyung. And you? What do you get? Your soccer ball?"

I only rolled my eyes, They were at it again, with me being single. They would always pester me about this questions. Force me to date random guys. I mean, what part of, "I'm not interested" can't they understand? For Pete's sake, they've been doing this since my freshmen years. Are they that interested about my love life? For the thousand time, I sighed.

But, weirdly, I can't find myself being angry at the three. Sure, I would yell at them, sometimes, even  ignore them for weeks. But, regardless, I know, from the back of my head that they're doing it so I can atleast enjoy my youth.

My train of thoughts were cut by Mr. Bruce Lee, entering. Whee in and the others went running through their sits. Yongsun, in such a hurry, even tripped.

After a long day that was full of lesson that I never even understood, I got up, bid my goodbye to Hyejin and the others and went straight to my soccer club.

I was the captain despite being a second year. Usually, the captains were supposed to be third years, but because there were no third year members, the coach were left  no choice but to give me the title.

I usually practice with, Seulgi, the vice-captain. We did our usual routine; stretching, pass the ball, and more. It was tiring, sure, and would usually leave me too exhausted to even study at night. But I would shrug it off. It's fun, and that's what matters.

"Did you hear? About an hour ago, Junghoon was at it again." Seulgi, asked as she opened her water bottle, but her gaze never left mine.

"The Jannabi guy?" I asked, making sure. I wiped my sweat with my towel that was hanging around my neck.

"Ahuh. He almost beat up s."

"Heol. Students like them should be expelled" I said bluntly. I swear, students like them only brings trouble. They would think for themselves that they're superior, that they could do whatever they want.

I know that, since I pretty much was bullied when I was in middle high school. It only stopped when I learned how to fight for myself. I could vaguely remember the pain and horror in their eyes as I beat them.  After that, they were too ashamed for losing to someone twice as smaller than them, that they dropped out of school.

"Right? besides, he gives me the creeps,"

"Did he do something to you?" I asked, slightly angry, as I imagine  a crying and pitiful Seulgi. She must've notice how I was starting to fume with anger. So, abruptly, she shooked her head as a "no".

"But rumors says that he once bullied someone close to death"

Seriously? How much low could they get?

--------

The next day, I was in my usual routine: chat with my friends, let Wheein copy my notes, even though, mine  were not the best. And teas each other non-stop until someone was actually irritated. Normally, we would team up and bully Yongsun for having chubby cheaks, if not, it was me who was their target.

"Guys, Xiumin-oppa released a teaser for his new song!" Hyejin, out-of nowhere half-shouted while fiddling with her phone.

"Really? Let me hear it!" Wheein jumped and went straight to Hyejin. Whee in is an avid Exo-L, and a Xiumin biased at that. And now that Xiumin was reportedly going to the military, she would cry everyday. Hence, every new song that would come out, was deemed to be important.

She grabbed Hyejin's phone and turned its volume to the fullest.
Music soon fills the air without effort, like the waves filling holes in beach sand; the sound rushing in and around every person in the room. Some of my classmates reacted to the beat, others continued in their chats.

But the music suddenly stopped, we looked at Hyejin, slightly irritated, as we were really into the music.

"What's the matter?" I asked, looking at her eye to eye.

"Omma wants to borrow the keys for the locker room" Hyejin informed as she scanned the message.

Hyejin's Mom, Ahn Hye Min, is the coach of our school female soccer club. Unlike her daughter, Aunt Hye min is athletic.

"What's wrong with her own keys?" I asked. I  opened my pencil case, grab the keys and stood up.

"You know Omma, Byul-ah, she's athletic and all, but she's just like you, her brain is only filled with sports. She probably left it to who knows where" She sighed as she massaged her temples, I rolled my eyes and walked to the door.

I opened it, and to my surprise, a guy stood in front of me. If I wasn't mistaken, he was Lee Minhyuk. Even though we were classmates for half a year now, and I would constantly see him practice soccer, I barely know him. To be honest, I couldn't even recall talking to him. I merely looked at him in the eyes. I was sligthly confused as to why was he not moving.

"B-"

"B-?" What does he mean?

"B-bed hair!"

"Huh?" What? Bed hair? Curse Yongsun and the others for not telling me. This is so embarrassing!

"Ah-I mean Good Morning, there's bed hair, pointing up"

I touched my bangs. I search for the roots of my embarrasment. Once I found it, I covered it with my palm.

Not knowing what to do in such an awkward situation, I smiled and thanked him. And hurriedly ran outside.

------------

After Class

Inside the locker room, I changed into my P.E. uniform which consists of a white shirt, shorts that falls a few inches before my knees, and a jacket that I usually zipped mid-way.

I took my soccer shoes that Appa bought. I sighed, He went out and bought me these Puma, that are better engineered for shooting speed and, even kicking accuracy.

He looked like a wounded puppy when I told him that I don't need it yet. That I can still use my current soccer shoes just fine. I hate it when this happens, it's like he's the kid and I'm the grown-up. Giving up, I smiled at him and thanked him. He lit up, beaming.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the shoes that he specially gave me. And I thought that it was sweet and all. But, I only want him to save up for our future. Since Omma died, Appa had to work all alone and take care of me along with Seulgi and Yesol.

I tied my hair into a ponytail and proceeded outside, when I suddenly bumped to a guy, maybe a head taller than me.

I looked up, and discovered that it was Junghoon, the Jannabi guy. Realizing that I better not associate with him, I bowed a little and muttered my apology. Weirdly, he just gave me a devious smirk.

I continued walking when he called my name, "Byul!"

I turned back and faced him. I gave him a stoic expression, as he walked nearer.

"Come with me"

"I'm sorry Jung hoon-ssi, but I have a team to handle"

"Don't worry, it'll only be a minute"

He said as he walk nearer. Only to stop when he was only a step away, he towered me, a smirk once again crept through his face.

Feeling intimidated by his large nature, I secretly squeezed  my fist, ready to punch him if ever he would step closer.

......And he did.

I lunged my fist towards him, but was stopped when a figure ran between us.

Isn't he?

"Minhyuk-ssi?" I called him out, and, that's probably the least thing that I should have done.

Because as I called him out, Jung hoon clenched his fist, a vein popped out of his forehead. He swung his arm. And-

"Minhyuk-ssi!"

-He punched him straight in his face.

--------
Minhyuk's POV

I began to feel light-headed, my legs gave way and I crumbled to the ground. My vision blurred as tiny droplets of sweat ran down my forehead.

Everything became fuzzy; then I saw nothing at all.  Throughout the hard ordeal, I could clearly hear my heartbeats pound loudly, echoing in my ears. Feeling in my body drained away until finally all was black.

 

After ten minutes or so, I awoke. The first thing that I saw was the creamy colored ceiling, There is no decoration at all except for the limp curtain that  separates my bed from the three others in here. 


I carefully sat up, squeezing my eyes shot, as  I felt a pounding headache suddenly come in. It was only when the pain was much more bearable that I decided to open them again.

"Mhm" I heard someone groan, I looked and scanned my surrounding. And to my surprise, I saw Byul.

Ba-dump

She looked so small, huddled in the corner, with her hair, high-up.

Ba-dump

Her eyes closed and mouth partly open, it screams beauty. She looked too beautiful, that it would put shame to Sleeping Beauty's enchanted face.

Ba-dump

Her head rocked back and forth, as she murmured something that I could not quite  distinguish. I blushed and turn red, I could feel my ear getting hotter.

Ba-dump

Upon closer look, her neck was as milky as I've imagined it to be, her lips screams to be touched. Her small ears adds cuteness to her already, adorable feature, She was  like a sleeping hamster.
.
.
.
.
.
.
. Lee Minhyuk, I can't believe you're taking advantage of a sleeping Byul. I slapped myself to get myself together.

I looked back at her and saw her shiver like a little kitten, drenched in the pouring rain. Every now and then, she would rock her head back and forth.

Should I wake her up?..No, she looks too peaceful.

I stood up and covered her figure with my blanket. I timidly sat beside her and rested her head to my shoulders, careful not to wake her up.

I scanned her sleeping figure, I always found her adorable, specially when she shows her indian dimples.

I closed my eyes, dying of embarrasement as I recall what had happened earlier.

I must've looked lame. Good job, Lee Minhyuk. You were supposed to rescue her, and make  good impressions of yourself. Instead  you became a burden.

Now, Byul must've think that I'm a total loser. I wonder who was the lucky guy who protected Byul, she must now be head over heels for him. And meanwhile, I was out cold.

Minutes went by, and we stayed in the same position. I could hear my heartbeat pound like crazy, as I could practically feel her breath. I could feel her body go up and down as she breath.

I happened to look at the clock which says that it was already nearing 7.

END OF MINHYUK'S POV

------------

Minhyuk happened to gaze at the clock, that was the only source of the sound that circulates all over the room.

"6:53" He read silently, trying to be quiet  as possible. "Was it that late? I didn't notice"

Upon reading the time, Minhyuk concluded that he should probably wake the sleeping girl. As, it was starting to get dark.

The once blue sky that was filled with white cottons, were now as dark as it can be. Little wonders starts to be more vivid as they grow in numbers. The full moon, is as lonely as it could be as it shines through the city.

Minhyuk gently shooked Byul's shoulders. After a few tries, Byul finally opened her eyes.

Byul rubbed the remainders of sleep from her eyes and gazed around the whole place. Thinking back as to where she is, and what was she even doing there.

"Where Am I?...the clinic?.. what was I-" she then noticed how Minhyuk's face was rather close to her. And upon closer inspection, she was resting on his shoulder.

Embarrassment soon took over her, heat slowly rose up that resulted her face to be completely red.

"Ah, Minhyuk-ssi, you're already awake" the female soccer scooted away as she tried to drive the embarrassment away.

"um....ah-Yes, just a while ago."
Was his only answer, while looking away.

A heavy silence settled over them. Unsettled eyes glanced unceremoniously around and tried to avoid catching other glances that passed by. They shifted uncomfortably in their seat.

"What now, Lee Minhyuk? Are you just gonna seat there, and do nothing? This is your chance! Go talk and make an impression, or better, get her number!"
A voice at the back of his head told the obvious. But, what the hell  can he possibly do with the nervousness that keeps on coming? He could practically hear his heartbeat echo across the room. If it weren't for the help of the ticking clock.

"So? Is your face alright?" With a simple question, Byul broke the sickening silence that surrounds the two.

"Um, yes, it's alright now." And there it is again, the silence.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Um,..so how did you get out of the fight?" Minhyuk tried to speak up, as he scratched the tip of his nose, while looking at ceiling. He did not look at Byul because he was still too shy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter