Part 3 [Youngjae]

Take Me Higher

What was originally a great idea by Mark hyung ended up making Youngjae want to slap the idea out of his head if he could, prevent himself from inviting Jaebeom out to find Coco a sweater. A sweater for Coco, really? AISH! Trying to not let his full lips show his pout and sulk, thinking that yes he was happy with having time with his crush but going store to store was such a chore. Why couldn't they be back in the dorms eating snacks and playing a video game together, or why could they not be out in town at a arcade? "Mark hyung... why did I listen to you?" The younger whined silently to himself after going to the third pet store near the dorms and deciding he liked nothing he saw, either the pattern was not cute enough or the designer was trying too hard to make the dogs look 'rough' with leather and spike motiffs. If it wasn't that it was made out of frill and that would make Coco itchy, then the stitching was poorly done. Sometimes it had buttons which he knew Coco might chew off if they were not careful or the neck collar was too big for such a small dog. For all intentions and purposes this was more stressful than deciding on something for himself, at least if he did not like it he could wear it at the dorms when lounging around. 

"--Jae-yah. Youngjae-yah?"

Lifting his head up from a rack of dog collars and leashes he realized that Jaebeom had been calling for him, perhaps for a while. Shaking his head with a embarrassed smile he apologized, admitting that he missed what was said. 

"I think this store is also a bust, everything I saw was something Bambam would buy for his cats. I don't think Coco needs a two-hundred dollar silk print dress with sequins. Next store or perhaps we call it a day, try looking online?" Jaebeom's voice making the younger feel like he had wasted their time and had become a burden. Trying to not feel disappointed by today's outing he pushed some of his bangs from out of his eyes, making a joke of how Coco really was a princess with how difficult shopping for her was. His eyes only briefly looking at his hyung before averting, something that Jaebeom noted. Not wanting to leave empty handed, again, Youngjae purchased some treats for Coco deciding that at this rate his day out with hyung was ruined so best call it a day so he could run and mope in his bed until he fell asleep. 

"Thank you hyung for joining me today, shopping alone can be kinda lonely and I needed a second opinion. Ah, I still remember Yugyeommie teasing me when he saw I bought Coco shoes that one time." 

Youngjae recounted as they waited for their food at a mom and pops shop nearby, filling up the silence with random ramblings that made Jaebeom think that enough was enough. Interrupting Youngjae by asking why Youngjae was so stressed and why he was taking picking out a outfit for Coco so seriously. This tunnel-vision and the way Youngjae had not been in good spirits lately all adding up to make him concerned. Jaebeom not sure how to get Youngjae to open up but certain that something was going on.

"I am not going to press you, after all you speak when you are ready. Just know that hyung is here, we're best friends right? If I upset you in some way I apologize, I do not know when or how, but your recent behaviors make me think I have done you wrong somehow." Jaebeom making sure to tell the younger that he was always a ally and friend so whatever troubles would be heard when Youngjae decided to mention them. Youngjae's reply lost when the waitress arrived with the food, a simply a simple sentence of gratitude and that hyung had done nothing wrong all that was given. The rest of the evening bitter-sweet for Youngjae who was left with so much unsaid.