Part 1 [Youngjae]

Take Me Higher

Youngjae had been fiddling with his silver bracelet for a good three minutes, not taking notice that he was pouting his cute pink lips the whole while. The young dark-haired male anxious ever since he woke up a few hours prior and getting ready, each day he had to leave his room he shared with Mark making his breath catch. It was a small apartment all things considered, four bedrooms and two bathrooms for all seven of them, so there was no place to truly run to and hide when embarrassed or overwhelmed. Always one of the members considered the most shy and prefering to watch and listen rather than be on the spotlight, it was even harder to voice himself when not prompted.

For a few weeks now, almost bordering a month he had began to become flustered whenever he would be around his hyungs, GOT7 leader to be specific. It was odd --despite knowing one another for years he had only saw him affectionately like a younger brother towards a older sibling-- until little by little thoughts revolving around comfort and joy he felt around Jaebeom became all he could hear and notice. Whenever they would hang out after dance practice and told he was doing a good job trying to learn the intricate choreographies, choreographies he personally believed were designed as a personal punishment against him, the fatigue seemed a little easier to bear. Whenever Jaebeom would wrap a arm around his shoulders and ask what he wanted to eat, noticing he had not yet offered his suggestion to the group, the younger would stutter a cute "Whatever is fine, hyung." After seeing those eyebrows raise in question --twin beauty marks over his hyung's left eye catching his attention from the gesture-- he would rack his brain to recall JB's suggestion and toss his vote in with his hyung's. Whenever Jaebeom would be in a good mood and start making random exclaimations and sounds from the living room, a video or some other thing being the source of his bemusement, the younger's curiousity would blossom until he innocently would walk up in his oversized sweatshirts and plop down next to JB to peek over his shoulder. Jaebeom rewinding or explaining the object of his amusement for the younger to understand, never shying away or calling him nosy, which Youngjae appreciated greatly. The young male would often try to deny it but he was sensitive, to believe he was a burden or a annoyance to the others would be a heavy blow to his esteem and heart, so the silent reassurance he gathered from his hyungs gave him strength. Jaebeom inviting him in rather than push him away a silent, wordless, blessing to Youngjae's heart and soul. Perhaps it was all these little things his hyung did, all the times the leader seemed to catch on to details and find how to include Youngjae into the mix, that had clouded his mind.

There could be no other explanation, surely this was simply affection and gratitude! Youngjae releasing a deep breath and giving up on trying to clip the clasp of his bracelet received a look from Mark who paused trying to teach Coco how to roll over on command. "What's bugging you, need help with that?" Youngjae almost jumping out of his skin at the sudden words directed at him, not sure how to even explain why he was so jittery and had been for days. With a adorable head nod and sulk he padded over to Mark, Coco immediately pouncing on his leg trying to get some head rubs and attention. Whining all the while that he was going to trip to the small Maltese as if the cute dog would understand him. Once he sat at the foot of Mark's bed to make it easier for the elder to help him he used his free hand to pet Coco and trying to not catch Mark's gaze that would go his way every now and then. "Have you gotten into a disagreement with Jae-yah, you have been stiff around him lately. I do not think the others noticed, they probably just think you're being shy as usual." These words that seemed to come without prompt from Mark catching him off-guard. Was it really that obvious, if Mark noticed then surely it was a matter of time before the others did. Mark-ah had always been very observant, so it really was no surprise that he noticed something was amiss. What was a concern was knowing that Jaebeom himself was intuitive as hell, it truly was a concern since that meant the elder either noticed as well or would. If the elder had noticed and simply had not brought it up then perhaps he could play stupid until these strange feelings went away. That sounded good in theory but if Mark had assumed he had gotten into a disagreement with hyung then perhaps Jaebeom-ah had also gotten the wrong impression and was hurting. He did not want to randomly blurt out something like "Hyung, you're cool. Want to go grab lunch?" Saying something like that out of the blue would alert JB and make him wonder if something was going on, if there was something the younger wanted to speak about in private. What to do? 

Too lost getting swept away by his thoughts Youngjae did not even pay heed that Mark had long finished clasping the bracelet and was simply observing him while also petting Coco. Intelligent and calm gaze upon the gentle giant Mark noticed more than he let on, always the one to take note but not let it show. Sighing softly the tall American-Taiwanese male put a hand on Youngjae's knee and gave a small squeeze, physically bringing the younger's mind back from the clouds and his inner thoughts. "You know, I am not too sure on the specifics however I truly suggest you go see JB-ah and just have a day out of the dorms. Whatever is troubling you guys could be fixed with fresh air outside the dorms; maybe ask him to help you purchase a new sweater for Coco or something." With that excuse offered as a means to speak with Jaebeom and get them talking, surely hyung would naturally understand that they were good and nothing was wrong --after all would someone hang out with another if they disliked them or was upset at them? Getting a small smile he asked if Mark truly believed hanging out would fix things, not wanting to mention what the itch under his skin was. "I think you know the answer but you just doubt it and yourself too often. Again, I do not know what has been bugging you for a while but I DO know it involves him, so you need time to mention it or work past it. Prolonging it by ignoring it will not make it go away, it might hurt you guys. Just my thought on all this." This was something he always appreciated about his other hyung, Mark never truly pressured him for answers knowing he'd speak up when ready. On top of that Mark had always known what to say, a brother he could turn to for this or that without worry.

 

Looking a little better he got a small smile on his face as he gave Coco a little scratch behind her ears, cooing "Just wait Princess, you'll get a new sweater or treat today!" Glancing up he thanked his roommate, teammate, brother, and best friend for always having sound advice and doing his best to be a reliable hyung he could trust. Wrapping a flannel shirt around his waist he waved a quick bye, hurrying out of his room to seek out leader-nim.