Setting Us Up Together

Setting Us Up Together

The day starts early at the Rainbow Bridge World café, or simply RBW café. The shop opened a few years back and has been expanding ever since, which meant that the owner had to hire a few more people some months back to help out around the shop, with that said he ended up hiring Moon Eunbyul, Jennie Kim, Rosé Park, Joy Park, and Kim Yeri, occupying the spots of barista, cook helper, pastry chef helper, cashier, and waitress respectively. The five newbies were chatting amongst themselves while waiting for the manager and sub-manager to arrived so that everyone could start the day. Solar and Irene were finishing looking around the shop so it could be opened when the manager noticed, what she later decided to call, the chemistry between Eunbyul and Jennie who were now chatting amongst themselves, which sprung the older woman to instantly ship the two together.

What everyone didn’t know was that Eunbyul and Jennie were actually dating already, they got interviewed the same day without knowing, and when the confirmation that they had gotten hired was out, only then did they tell one another, which surprised them both. Although they were hired for different jobs, they still had to interact with one another so Jennie opted to keep their relationship a secret so that the management didn’t think they would be unprofessional. The problem was that after Solar found out that they looked good together, she decided to tell everyone about it, so everyone started trying to push them together to date, which was hilarious for Eunbyul and Jennie. Moonbyul the barista would make Eunbyul go to the kitchen and ask Hwasa, the cook questions, only for the black-haired woman to send her to Jennie and make the two interact without it being necessary.

One day while closing up the café, Solar, looking at the two youngsters, decided it was time to turn their hints into something more direct since it appeared they weren’t getting the message, so to show them everything was fine, she grabbed her girlfriend’s hand, making Moonbyul look at her weirdly, later on realizing what the older had meant.

 

- You know guys, it’s not like we have any policy against dating coworkers – she said with a cheeky grin, while everyone laughed at them making the two girls look at each other and blush, while the blue and pink-haired women exited the shop shouting their goodbyes, with Solar remembering Irene, her sub-managers to lock everything up and check it one more time.

 

That made Eunbyul and Jennie laugh hard at home, which they had been sharing for almost a year, which surprised them since apparently neither Solar nor Irene had realized they lived together. They were however caught once on a date by Jisoo and Rosé, who also happened to be on a date of their own, but with a promise of secrecy, they all went their way. So now that the Chaesoo couple knew, they would engage in double dates without the others knowledge, which also became a joke among the four.

One day Jennie’s car had some issues which made it impossible for the ombre-haired girl to use it, so Eunbyul being the nice girlfriend she is, gave her a ride to work, but the problem wasn’t with the ride there, it was with the ride home. While arriving at the café no one saw them get off the same car, but on the ride home, Eunbyul had to wait for Jennie to change clothes so they could head home, the problem was that Wheein, another waitress that was dating Hwasa, the main cook, was also waiting with her, so once again the teasing started, the blond started teasing the ombre-haired girl the moment she got out of the locker room with her girlfriend who joined on the fun. The next day everyone knew that Eunbyul had driven Jennie home, which sprung a few more rounds of teasing, but nothing they weren’t used to.

After all that teasing passed through, some more calming days came about, which meant that the café was pretty chill, there were a few regulars around, but the staff was just relaxing, Eunbyul had made a tea for her and was currently on a double-seat table near the window, reading and drinking, so when she felt the other chair move closer to her, she lazily raised her head and locked eyes with Jennie, who had brought a cup of coffee with her, knowing exactly what the ombre-haired wanted, Eunbyul dropped her right arm around the other shoulders and started reading the book to both of them, while Jennie cuddle around her girlfriends’ body, sipping her coffee and turning the pages when needed. While in their own world, they forgot about the other people inside, mainly the other staff members, Solar was by the office door squealing and slapping Moonbyul’s arm, whom the older had called earlier on. Jisoo and Rosé were chatting and eyeing the two by the counter, together with Lisa and Yeri. While Irene was slowly approaching the two with two paper on her hands.

 

- Girls, is this correct or did I make a mistake? – the older asked, dropping the papers on the table, to which Eunbyul dropped the book and looked at the papers.

- What’s wrong, unnie? – Jennie asked, never stopping her cuddle session.

- The addresses on your papers, which one is the correct one?

- They’re both correct unnie. We live together. – Eunbyul answered, and waited for the older reaction.

- What? What you mean you live together? – Irene was looking at them with her eyes opened wide. – Solar come here! – with that, the pink-haired woman quickly approached their table. – They say they’re living together, did you know this?

- What? No. – Solar said raising her eyebrows so high, they almost disappeared into her hairline. – You are? Since when? Why?

- We are. A little more than a year. And because it was easier. – Eunbyul answered all the questions and smiled sweetly at Jennie, it was finally time they told everyone they were dating.

- What!? – both older girls exclaimed, making the other staff approach the table, with the Chaesoo couple laughing together with Eunbyul and Jennie.

- Yeah, after dating for three years, we thought it was easier to just move in together, instead of me still living with my parents, so we’ve moved together a year ago.

 

With that four of them were laughing while the other just stared at them, so to make it easier Eunbyul finally explained what had happened a few months back and who they both got to work at the same place. After explaining everything everyone gave a good laugh, complimented the couple and went back to work, while Solar gave the young couple a cute glaring stare making everyone laugh once again, ending up joining in the laugh too. And that was how Eunbyul and Jennie, a couple ended up working at the same place, with their co-worker trying to set them up, without knowing they were already dating, that also ended up being a running joke in the café, that even the costumers found out and laughed too.

 

^w^

 

I know it's small, but I didn't want to make it bigger than necessary, and this was just for fun, more than anything else.

Hope you guys enjoyed it, as much as I did

 

- Mamamoo_Time out! ^w^