Chapter 2

Blame It On The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Reading the text Sehun smiles. Maybe he is grinning too widely and maybe it’s slightly creepy because his colleague gives him a weird judging look not that Sehun cares anyway because he has other things on his mind right now like why Chanyeol has suddenly asked to meet him. 

Since the restaurant incident much to Sehun’s surprise Chanyeol had insisted on going to the doctors appointment with him even though it wasn’t really necessary. Chanyeol was fussy and loomed over Sehun’s shoulder the whole time annoying the doctor with too many questions. It was a bit overbearing but Sehun didn’t mind for once he enjoyed the attention he was getting.

As much as Sehun tried to ignore seeing the couples sitting with him waiting at the doctors office which always made him feel a little sad and lot more lonely. Even though Jae had previously offered to accompany him, but it wasn’t the same. 

Because the moment when Chanyeol had introduced himself as the father of his baby, theirbaby to the doctor Sehun’s heart skipped  and he had to look away to hide his shy smile.  

Yes Sehun had finally come to terms with the dreaded B word. For some reason it didn’t sound scary anymore Sehun decided he liked it - he liked it a lot. 

Even though they hadn’t gotten around to see each other after the doctor’s appointment they were in touch, Chanyeol had a busy schedule with his uncountable meetings and projects, he had filled Sehun about them not that Sehun remembers much anyway. 

So maybe Sehun was a little vague on the details, sometimes it’s hard to pay attention when Chanyeol talks about work when all he can focus on is Chanyeol’s voice - it’s rich and so smooth like molten chocolate. Even over the phone the deep rumble of his voice adds some sort of comforting to Sehun’s heart. 

Sehun wonders how Chanyeol voice sounds in the morning ? Probably deeper and huskier filled with sleep. Sehun isn’t sure why but confusing thoughts like this sometimes crawl into his mind when he is laying down on his bed, staring at the ceiling. Maybe it’s the hormones, definitely the pesky hormones he thinks.

      ━━

“So how are you?” Chanyeol asks sipping on his coffee. The smell is so tempting that Sehun almost wants to ask if he can have a sip. He has been so caffeine deprived lately. 

Sehun his lips and lifts his eyes from the coffee mug and meets Chanyeol’s stare.

“You mean other than the fact that I can’t stand the smell of half of the things that I loved to eat? Or having the constant urge to pee? Not to mention I am tired most of the time. Yah am great” Sehun replies with a sarcastic smile, but his smile fades quickly when he sees Chanyeol frowning at him and Sehun feels guilty for snapping at him. 

“Am sorry” Chanyeol mutters quietly looking down. 

Sehun immediately regrets, shaking his head he tries “No, no I am sorry. I shouldn’t have said it like that, I wasn’t blaming you or anything” 

“If you aren’t fine you can tell me, I want to know what’s going on with you?”

Sehun bites down on his lips, thinking of all those times when his mood takes a sudden 360 degree turn and goes from feeling delightful to anxious in seconds. Or how that one family commercial on television makes him sad because they all look so happy and in love, and all he is left is with hugging his pillow to sleep at night. He isn’t sure if Chanyeol wants to know all these so he decides to say nothing.

“I am fine really” Sehun insists with a forced smile hoping that it’s convincing.

It isn’t he guesses because Chanyeol just nods his head and his frown grows deeper but he doesn’t push Sehun anymore. 

“So why are we meeting here today?” Sehun asks taking the bite of the blueberry cheesecake. Sehun had made a comment about how he has been craving cheesecake lately a few days back and it’s nice that the older remembers.

“No reason, I just wanted to see you. We haven’t really gotten a chance to talk face to face I mean” Chanyeol smiles, his eyes crinkling in the corners and it’s cute. 

And Sehun’s heart doesn’t flutter at the I wanted tosee you part, it definitely doesn’t. Sehun senses Chanyeol’s gaze on him and he wonders if his inner thoughts are visible on his face, maybe he is blushing pink by now Sehun isn’t sure so he quickly diverts the topic taking another spoonful of the dessert.

“So how is work going on, you had this umm conference didn’t you?” Sehun mumbles chewing on his food.

Not answering Chanyeol suddenly leans forward a little, his eyes still fixed on Sehun’s face “There...there is something”

Before Sehun can even ask what he means Chanyeol’s long fingers are already reaching out for him over the table. Chanyeol brushes the corner of Sehun’s mouth with the pad of his thumb. Sehun freezes for a few seconds because the touch on his skin lingers longer than its necessary.

“Work is fine” Chanyeol answers his finger and leaning back on his chair, a smirk playing on his lips. 

Sehun is pretty sure normal people don’t do things like this to someone who is still somewhat of a stranger, they don’t wipe off the crumb from someone’s face and they definitely don’t their fingers suggestively. Only dumb people in bad romantic dramas do where they suddenly decide to profess their love in airports and have long sickening kisses in the rain.

It’s kind of unfair how Chanyeol goes back to sipping on his coffee casually like nothing just happened while Sehun is left feeling all flustered. 

”What about you? How is your work? Sorry but what is that you do exactly because you never talk about your work” Chanyeol raises a brow curiously at Sehun. 

There is nothing to tell Sehun thinks. 

“I joined recently, i am a personal assistant to the editor in Apex Gazette. It’s a business magazine” Sehun offers. 

“I know. They have reviewd our company products a few times. Well are you liking your job?” 

“I joined recently and all I do is make coffee and get print outs for my boss maybe take a few calls in good days I don’t really have an opinion” Sehun states with a shrug. 

Like most people Sehun had dreams to be an editor himself someday and even though this wasn’t the ideal job choice but being a PA wasn’t much but it was supposed to be a good start. But now with the whole baby thing in the equation he wasn’t so sure anymore. He wasn’t sure about a lot of things like how he was supposed pay for all the expenses? Babies are costly okay! 

Chanyeol’s phone beeps with an obnoxious tone a few times and goes silent pulling Sehun out of his thoughts 

Sehun watches how Chanyeol’s face hardens as he checks his phone. His lips are now pressed in a thin line, his eyes are fixed on whatever that is on his phone screen.

“Is everything okay?” Sehun enquires cautiously. 

Chanyeol puts the phone back in his pocket and nods his head absentmindedly a few times before he looks back at Sehun. There is a hint of uneasiness in his eyes. 

Before Sehun has an opportunity to ask anything further Chanyeol clears his throat like he is preparing to say something.

“Sehun there is something I haven’t told you”

Sehun arches his eyebrow waiting for him to speak.

“I am dating someone” Chanyeol says  slowly after a brief pause. 

Oh

The words fall out of Chanyeol’s mouth and it takes long dragging minutes to register in Sehun’s mind. When it does the bits of the cheesecake suddenly taste bland in Sehun’s tongue and his heart sinks deeper. Like someone has crushed it and tossed it in the depths of Mariana Trench. Sehun opens his mouth to say something but absolutely nothing comes out.

Eyeing Sehun, Chanyeol rushes to clarify  “I wasn’t dating when I met you that night in the pub...We just started seeing each other recently, it happened a few weeks ago. I just didn’t know how to tell you because of everything that is happening” 

Sehun isn’t sure how to respond to this because the only thing he can think of right now is while Chanyeol was having fun dating someone he had his nose down the toilet puking his guts out. This makes Sehun angrier  it’s a better emotion than the empty feeling that is starting to settle in his heart.

Sehun weakly shoves the plate aside, he has already lost his appetite.

“So why did you decide to tell me now?”

Chanyeol straightens up in his seat and clasps his hands in front of him on the table “I have been meaning to tell you. I received his texts just now and I realised I should tell you about him. I want to be honest with you”

“So who are you dating?” Sehun questions biting his tongue. He isn’t sure if he really wants to know but he has already asked anyway. 

“Jeongho, He is my company lawyer” 

“You are dating your lawyer?” Sehun questions incredulously.   

Even if Chanyeol notices the judgement in Sehun’s tone he doesn’t remark on it, he simply nods. “Yes we have been friends for a long time and we finally decided to start dating” 

Who the  dates a lawyer? They are narcissistic people and one can never win an argument with them because lawyers have unbreakable logic plus they always speak wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter