Blame It On The Stars

Blame It On The Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun tiredly glances at his mess of a room -the pile of clothes on his bed, some scattered on the floor making his room currently looking like an obstacle course. Sighing he bends down to pick them up and immediately feels dizzy as the nausea decides to hit him, clasping the palm over his mouth he runs to the bathroom and hurls everything he has eaten since last night. 

Closing his eyes he takes a few deep breaths sinking on the cold tiles. Trying to calm himself, his hand instinctively goes to his stomach. 

Sehun knows that he needs to get up, get dressed for his interview, drive to his workplace and sit through the whole selection process. But all he wants right now is to do curl up on the couch and cry at how miserable he feels.  

He has been trying so hard to hide everything from everyone its getting increasingly difficult since he has to hide the morning sickness and cravings from his roommate. Jae is starting to ask questions if he is really sick or not because a stomach bug can’t possibly last for over a month or definitely can’t cause mood swings. 

He was ed. Literally and figuratively speaking. Life had decided to throw a curve ball at him and Sehun was pretty sure he didn’t even own a bat. 

                               ━━━━

“Just talk to the guy already, he has the right to know” Jae says, frowning. 

Sehun groans at that, they are having this conversation for the 4th time this week. It is starting to sound like a broken record.  

“He wouldn’t care Jae, it was just a one night stand, we don’t even know each other and I don’t want to burden him, I don’t-“

Before Sehun has a chance to finish his sentence Jae cuts him off with a wave “Am sorry to say but he got you in this situation, he should be there for you” 

“I don’t need him, and it’s not like he forced me or anything...it just happened we were so drunk” Sehun replies quietly, the last words are barely an embarrassed whisper. 

“Here I thought you were the responsible one, you know what they say about not being silly and always making sure to wrap the willie” Jae wiggles his eyebrows laughing. 

Sehun throws a death glare at his friend scowling. 

Sehun thinks if he had a chance he would go back to that night and fix it, if only. It was never supposed to happen like this. He didn’t even have a boyfriend for  sake and now Sehun was sure that he was never going to get any. 

Seeing the solemn look on Sehun’s face Jae drops his smile and speaks with a serious tone this time. 

“He is the father he needs to know just tell me that you will atleast give it a thought and consider what I just told you for once” 

Father

The word rings in Sehun’s ear because he himself hasn’t been able to come to terms with the change....the growing fetus. That’s what he calls it. It’s stupid really but the more biological it sounds the less connected he feels.  

Sehun heaves a exasperated sigh, “Fine, il think about it. Are you happy?” 

“Yes I am ecstatic because everything obviously depends on my happiness” Jae rolls his eyes and leans back on the couch. 

Jae, his flatmate/best friend is the only one know who knows about his desperately kept secret. It had taken Jae a lot to break the news out of Sehun after he had gotten suspicious that Sehun was definitely hiding something from him- and honestly after confiding in, Sehun couldn’t ask for anyone better than Jae knowing about it. He might be annoying and persuasive at times but he is closest thing to a family. 

Eyeing his friend Sehun finally says thoughtfully “Thank you for understanding everything, and am sorry that I didn’t tell you earlier”

The words make Jae sit up from his slouched form, it’s not always they have a heart to heart. He rests a hand on Sehun’s shoulder in reassurance. 

“You don’t have to thank me, that’s what best friends are for but it’s okay I understand how difficult this is for you....just so you know am there for you no matter what”  

That is enough for Sehun to get emotional, giving a quick nod he moves closer to his side to hug his best friend. 

After a few minutes Jae mumbles pulling away, that’s enough of affection for someone who is emotionally constipated like him  “I got you something“

“What is it?” Sehun asks surprised watching Jae reaching for his bagpack and looking for whatever that he has brought for him. 

“Here, look what I brought from that Italian restaurant. Penne with marinara sauce - your favourite” grinning Jae opens a container of pasta and holds it infront of Sehun like a pot of gold and the pungent smell of the tomato sauce immediately hits his nose. 

 

“W-What? What happened?” Jae exclaims looking completely puzzled when Sehun bolts out of the room. 

 

                            ━━━━

 

After waiting for 20 excruciating minutes finally Sehun looks up hearing soft clicks of heels when a blonde girl with her long legs appears and gestures him to go inside the office. 

Letting a deep breath he walks in, panic festering in the pit of his stomach. 

Sehun raps on the door of the opaque glass office. This situation is so much different now, two months Sehun had met him at the pub, after a fairly long conversation and a lot of flirting they had somehow managed to get back to his apartment completely wasted.

Being too drunk Sehun can hardly recall any details other than the fact that he had woken up in a strangers bed, a hot stranger actually. 

And now he is knocking on the same stranger’s office door to break the big news hoping that he wouldn’t end up giving the other a heart attack. 

“Come in” 

Walking in Sehun notices that the office is super fancy with grey walls covered in ivory wallpaper and motivational photography with silver frames and elegant furnishings matching the monochromatic decor. 

Hearing Sehun’s footsteps a man in his clean cut dark blue suit turns around to face him. Park Chanyeol the stranger from the bar who had managed to charm Sehun’s pants off like literally. Sehun is thankful that he atleast remembered Chanyeol’s name and a simple google search had given him his office details. 

Chanyeol’s eyebrows crease in confusion for a second or two seeing Sehun and then a recognition flashes over his eyes, he smiles brightly...dimples teasing his cheek. 

Had the circumstances been any different Sehun would have patted himself on the back knowing that he had slept with Chanyeol because  he is gorgeous. 

“Hey” Sehun waves his hand a little awkwardly, lips twitching into a wobbly smile. 

“Hi...I didn’t expect to see you..again” Chanyeol replies with uncertainty. 

Yah me neither but here I am. 

“I need to tell you something” Sehun’s voice is shaky but he decides to go straight to the point instead of beating around the bush.  

Chanyeol nods and points Sehun to a swivel chair. 

“Sure. Please take a seat” Chanyeol’s voice is controlled even though there is a hint of confusion in his eyes. 

Sehun feels like he is in here for a meeting looking at the overly formal set up as he settles himself on the chair, his mind too antsy to enjoy the plushness of the chair. 

“Its going to sound a little odd but I think you should sit down for this too..” Sehun says with a nervous smile, his fingers fidgeting on his lap.

“What is it?” 

Sehun closes his eyes and decides to just go for it. 

“I am pregnant” 

Just hearing the words Chanyeol freezes his mouth agape, his already big eyes widening even more. It’s almost comical and Sehun wants to laugh at how clueless Chanyeol looks right now but he stops himself because the timing isn’t right and he is the cause of the shock. 

After long seconds of uncomfortable silence Chanyeol finally speaks breaking the ice “You are.....” he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter