Jung JinSoul.

Dreaming of Her.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

— Jungie?! - JungEun’s eyes snapped open as she let out a deep breath. She only noticed she was crying, when JiWoo hugged her tight and was whispering sweet nothings into her ear to calm her down. — Did you have a nightmare?

— N-no... I-I... I saw her, I...

— Eh? Why are you distraught like this then?

— She has a name... A-and it isn’t mine.

— Whose is it?

— I-I can’t remember! - JungEun sobbed and JiWoo tightened the hug.

— Hush now, dear friend... - The younger one soothed JungEun’s back and in a few minutes, she surrendered to sleep again. — Sleep well, Jungie. Life is like that, sometimes. - The young woman whispered into the night, going back to her room.

[Weeks later.]

  JungEun hasn’t been sleeping for a couple of days already. Not getting a full sleep schedule, I mean. Every time she dreams with her faceless - and now nameless soulmate and it’s getting her crazy. Napping doesn’t sound so absurd as dreaming every single time with her soulmate and not getting a single answer of it.

— This is madness! You need to stop living like that! - JiWoo barged into her friend’s darkroom, bursting the curtains and windows open.

— JiWoo... - JungEun groaned. She had just fallen asleep.

— No. Stop this. You need to talk to someone who can actually help you and nurse you back to health.

— What...? - JungEun sat and gave a disbelief look at JiWoo. — Do you think I have gone out of my mind? 

— Of course not! But you aren’t the JungEun I grew together with. You’re not the JungEun I’m best friends with. You’re not...

— People change, Kim JiWoo! - JungEun snapped, getting up. — I’m sorry I can’t be part of your perfect bubble of happiness and all that bull! 

— JungEun...

— Get out.

— JungEun, please...

— Get out! - JungEun yelled, scaring the younger one. JiWoo was legitimately scared and she made sure JungEun saw it before she left the room. The latter kicked the door closed and a scream left her lips, hot tears already rolling down her face. She has been struggling a lot with her sleepless nights and now she has to struggle a little more after fighting JiWoo. 

— What war did you fight? - A cold, but light breeze went by, causing JungEun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter