Wishful Thinking

Dreaming of Her.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Narrator’s POV]

“What is common in all these dreams is obvious. They completely satisfy wishes excited during the day which remain unrealized. They are simply and undisguisedly realizations of wishes.” Sigmund Freud - The Interpretation of Dreams.

  Dreaming about having a soulmate is everything JungEun can do, for now at least. She doesn't know when she’s meeting her other half, but she hopes to have someone out there for her. 

— JungEun...? - Kim JiWoo called her friend, who seemed to be on stand by. — Yah Kim JungEun! - The young woman yelled, shaking her best friend. — I’m talking to you!

— A-ah! Mianhae JiWoo-ah! What were you saying? - Kim JungEun looked around her, almost forgetting that they were at the university cafeteria having lunch already.

— I was telling you that I’m not heading to the dorms tonight. SooYoung unnie is arriving from Yeongam so... - Ha SooYoung, is JiWoo’s girlfriend and soulmate. She works at H-SH Industries and at the age of 30, she is already the head of a few departments of the Ship Building division.

— Ah... I see. - JungEun gave a bittersweet smile. — It’s been a few weeks since we last saw her. You must be missing her like crazy.

— Yes! I’ve been missing her so much that I... - JiWoo stopped talking when she noticed her friend’s face. Talking about soulmates is always an awkward subject because everyone that knows JungEun knows she isn’t getting a soulmate so soon.

— You?

— You dreamt of her again, didn't you?

— Yeah, but don’t worry about it. I know she’s somewhere else, but we’re not mean to be.

— Jungie...

— Not now, JiWoo-ah. Not now. - J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter