FIVE.

Pick Up The Pieces
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THREE MONTHS LATER

 

"Please them," Eunbi commanded her secretary.

 

This is her last patient for this morning. She still have two more this afternoon plus the one that one referal. So technically, there'll be three.

 

It's been three months since her office started operating. She changed the design after the first month. There's now a reception hall where her secretary is stationed, the first stop before a patient can go to her.

 

Three minutes later, her secretary came back to announce that her last patient left safely.

 

"Where would you like to have lunch?" Eunbi asked.

 

"Anywhere will do, Miss Kwon. But Hyewon dropped by a while ago while you are still on your session to invite us at Yena's place."
"Yena's? Is there a special event?"
"It's Yena and Yuri's anniversary, Miss Kwon."
"We're already in our off-office hours, Chae. You can call me unnie now."

 

Her secretary, Kim Chaewon, flashed a shy smile. Eunbi knew that she didn't make a mistake to pick the girl from the pool of three applicants months ago. Chaewon proved to be more efficient than how she perceived her at first. She still rarely smiles, but her overall aura is rather warm.

 

She is very eager as Eunbi had expected her to be. She asks a lot of questions that Eunbi is more than willing to answer. One reason why she also chose Chaewon is because she remembers herself from the girl. Aside from being her boss, she is also her mentor as she is aware that the girl would soon go on her own way to practice her profession.

 

"Very well, then. Let's go and celebrate with the lovebirds."

"Okay. Miss Kwo-" Eunbi gave her a look. ".. unnie."

 

Eunbi lets out a soft chuckle and headed towards the door, Chaewon tailed after her. When she arrived outside the front door of her office, Hyewon is already standing there, with a fake irritated look on her face.

 

"I waited for three centuries, what took you so long?"

 

Eunbi scoffed.

 

"If you waited that long, you could've been dead by now, Hyewon."
"Babe, goddesses don't die. We are immortal."

 

Hyewon spread her hands apart, eyes are closed while her head is tilted at the sky. It would've been a very dramatic sight to see if there are effects in her background but since there's none, she actually look stupid.

 

Chaewon snickered and that's Hyewon's cue to stop her silly gesture.

 

"You guys have a flat sense of humor, really," Hyewon shook her head and clicked her tongue.

 

Chaewon entered the picture, "Nah. You just ."

 

----

 

The restaurant is closed for costumers as Yena claimed this is a 'friends only' event. They had the tables put together to make a bigger table in the middle.

 

Just the sight of the buffet made Eunbi's mouth water.

 

They sure prepared for this, huh.

 

"Eunbi! Chaewon!"

 

They recognized that husky voice immediately and went to hug the owner of the voice.

 

Meanwhile, Hyewon is taking slow steps and is pouting while shooting a glare at Yena. "I'm your bestfriend but you only acknowledge them? Is this your way of declaring 'friendship over', Choi Yena?"

 

Yena flashed a shocked look, which is obviously fake. The duck at acting. "Oi, I didn't recognize you! When you came in, I thought I saw a glutton."

 

Both Eunbi and Chaewon who are watching the two bestfriends bicker laughed. Eunbi's lasted longer, of course.

 

Hyewon shot them an angry look, too.

 

"You should be thankful that I finish all your food instead of allowing them to be leftovers. And these two," she pointed at Eunbi and Chaewon. "They don't eat that much to maintain their figures so I had to finish everything."

 

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Why don't you gain weight when you eat that much, anyway?" Yena asked while leading the way.

 

Hyewon inhaled deeply and looked at them one by one.

 

"I'm a goddess, I say again. We have our ways of working unbelievable feats. Unlike you mortals."

 

Yena's, Eunbi's and Chaewon's eyes rolled simultaneously and left the girl without a word. They can never get used to Kwangbae's conceitedness.

 

----

 

"So that's how we became a couple," Yena finished her story of how she and Yuri started dating.

 

It was a typical highschool sweethearts to lovers story. They met after Yuri transfered at Yena's school. They didn't start well, though. Yena hated the fact that her schoolmates would always tell her that Yuri resembles her and they actually look like soulmates.

 

What didn't help is that they are not in the same grade but they are always pitted against each other. Yena is a straight A student, so is Yuri. Yena is good at singing and dancing, so is Yuri. Yena is popular for her visuals, the same goes for the younger. But what made them differ is that, Yena is more outgoing than Yuri. But despite that fact, Yuri almost have the same, wide circle of friends that Yena have.

 

And that annoys Yena.


It annoys her that she is the one who makes the first move to make someone a friend while Yuri only have to sit, do her own thing and someone would offer her friendship without her asking for it.

 

But it all changed when fate played a joke on them and they both got stuck in the school elevator for hours. It was after the fifteenth minute of silence that Yuri started talking about herself, which irritated Yena during the first five seconds since it was unsolicited. But she listened.

 

And listened.

 

But what Yena noticed is that, with all the things that Yuri are saying, she didn't mention anything about her parents. It took her 5 minutes before she cut the girl and asked her where they are.

 

The younger was taken aback and took a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter