On our way Home

An Everlasting Love

 

Its the day of the flight, as a promise Seulgi thought that only Seung Hee and Soo Young will accompanied them because Wendy asked permission the week before that she cant go with her sisters at the airport because of her work schedule Seulgi understand beside she says goodbye the last week she visit on Wendy’s house as she expect that only Wendy’s siblings where she able to see but surprisingly she closely see 3 figures slowly approaching to the waiting area of the airport.

 

“Oh?! Seung Hee unnie! Soo Young ah! Seung Wan nah?” Seulgi surprisingly asked.As the three girls smiled and hugged her.

 

“You should close that mouth” Wendy said as she found Seulgi’s mouth hanging upon seeing her.

 

“I taught you couldnt make it!” Seulgi chuckled.

 

“Thats what we all taught too” Joy and Seung Hee giggled.

 

“Well I request for a long break, the agency they let me have 4 hours break before coming back to work besides the students are happy about it they can rest their vocals too” Wendy laughed.

 

“I cant miss this” Wendy added.

 

“Awee Wendy yah” Seulgi tightly hug her.

 

“I know Iam kinda nice” Wendy giggled.Seulgi playfully shove her.

 

“Imo deul!” Yeji exclaimed as she called and hug her three aunties.

 

“Awe Yeji yah!” the Shon’s hugged the toddler.

 

“Are you excited?” Joy crouched down and asked Yeji.

 

“Only little” Yeji replied.

 

“Why?” Joy asked.

 

“Iam going to miss all of you” Yeji hugged them again.

 

“Dont make us tear up honey” Seung Hee said.

 

“And dont make us wanna buy a house there in Seoul so we could reside there” Wendy said.

 

“Woah! That would be nice unnie!” Joy excitedly said.

 

“We should plan that” Seung Hee agreed.

 

“Yeah I think I was still 5 when I leave Seoul” Joy added.

 

“Tell us what subdivision in Seoul Seulgi yah we will buy the next house beside yours” Wendy teasingly said.Shon’s are very wealthy family they even own a brand clothing in Canada.Even they are wealthy enough they still work and goes to school because their parents wants them not to rely on those things they want their kids that if you wanted to achieve something you can have it with hard work and faith.Thats why Shon’s siblings are very down to earth.

 

“Ill expect that Seung Wan” Seulgi chuckled just to lighten up the mood as they avoided to cry one last time.

 

“Anyway mom and dad really wanted also to accompany both of you here but unfortunately there are sudden emergency in the fashion industry” Joy explained.

 

“Yeah but they want to send their goodbyes, theyre worried and miss you also Seulgi and Yeji” Seung Hee said.

 

“Oh yeah I just received their message yesterday at my SNS its very touching, they were like my parents also they treat Yeji as  their own grand child and you treat me also as your sister you guys were like our second family” Seulgi smiled holding her tears.

 

“Awe Seulgi” Seung Hee hugged first then the rest follows.

 

“Yah! That is the most sweetest words that I heard from you” Wendy said as she’s tearing up.

 

“Why suddenly your good at this unnie?” Joy chuckled.

 

“Learn from the Canadians I think” Seulgi giggled as it is paige the plane number that the plane will be boarding soon all the passengers request to enter the plane.

 

“I think thats our flight” Seulgi said.

 

“Its time?” Joy asked and now the girls are crying quietly.

 

“Yeah” Seulgi said forcing a smile as they gave them one more time a hugged.

 

“Hey dont cry okay its not like Iam gone forever you girls can still talk to me and Yeji” Seulgi smiled wiping her tears.Yeji was crying also continuously wiping her tears as she look at her aunties.

 

“Alright we might cause a delay” Wendy chuckled wiping her tears.

 

“Be good there Yeji okay? If you need something just hit the call button in your mommy’s phone with the contact with our face on it” Joy smiled.

 

“Okay imo deul! I promise” Yeji forms her hand pinky swear the girls accept it.As they smiled one another.

 

“Okay time to go” Seulgi said.Holding her hand carries and Yeji.As the mother daughter waving goodbye as they walk.

 

“You promise Seul vid call okay!” Wendy reminded.

 

“I promise! You girls take care of yourselves okay? And oh send my thank you to auntie and samchon!” Seulgi said as she smiled and wave at them.

 

“Will do!” the Shon’s siblings replied as they smiled and wave back to Seulgi.As the mother and daughter turned around as they head to the terminal while they’re trying to keep a not so obvious sad face of course they will miss their family in Canada.

 

“Eomma Iam sleepy” Yeji said while they are walking to the way heading inside the airplane along other passengers.

 

“Okay ill carry you for now but the moment we step on the airplane youll go down okay? Cause its hard for eomma to look into our seats” Seulgi explained as she carried Yeji on her arms.Yeji nod as she closes her eyes.As they moved forward from the crowded way into the airplane they where greeted by the airline crew member.

 

“Yeji yah wake up we’re almost there” Seulgi said as she tap slightly Yeji to wake up the toddler didnt response instead she wrap her arms tightly to her mother’s neck.Yeji surely a heavy sleeper like Seulgi.

 

“Here you go” Seulgi smiled to the attendant then she handed the ticket, the more Yeji is still on her arms it felt heavier not to mention she also have the shoulder bag with her.

 

“You’re welcome maam, Ahm maam if you would like we will help you in finding your seat since your child is sleeping” the attendant smiled and nicely offered.

 

“Oh thank you, my daughter is a heavy sleeper” Seulgi smiled the attendant smiled back as the attendant offered to carry Seulgi’s hand carry bag all the way to their seat and place it to the compartment above.

 

“Thank you” Seulgi said once again as she place slowly Yeri into her seat then also Seulgi seated on her seat.

 

“Our duty maam, enjoy your flight” the attendant smiled and headback to her quarters.

 

“Look at that my baby seems tired from crying and saying goodbye to her aunties” Seulgi giggled as she place a pillow into Yeji and then she also settled herself in her seat ready to sleep Seulgi hates long travel 13 hours way too long.

 

After an hour Seulgi is still sleeping while Yeji already awake she didnt bother in waking up her mother instead she is playing her favorite bear stufftoy which was given by her aunt Wendy on her 2nd birthday, Yeji loves to play and talk to her stufftoy as if it was a person an every 3 year old will do when they felt bored with no ipads or phones on them.

 

“Wah you are so good in english” a young lady passenger besides Yeji compliment as she heard the child blabbering some english words.Yeji giggled and face the passenger.

 

“She have a name?” the young lady asked   In english maybe she felt also bored and decided just to play along with the 3 year old.

 

“Yes, her name is Deulgi” Yeji cheerfully answered she name her stufftoy base on the name of her mother because whenever Seulgi is not around Yeji felt like her mother was there when Deulgi is around the toddler never leave it by herside.

 

“That is cute” the young lady chuckled.

 

“What is your name?” Yeji asked and smile, sometimes Seulgi scared of Yeji being friendly to other people even in strangers thats why when Yeji is playing in the playground she never leave her sight on her.

 

“My name is Saeron , Iam a Korean” Saeron replied in english, the young lady decided to talk to Yeji in english as she observe the little girl just talking to her purely english.

 

“Oh My name is Yeji and Iam” Yeji introduced as she formed 3 on her fingers indicating her age.Saeron giggled as she found it cute.

 

“Iam a korean too! But Iam born and grow up in Canada” Yeji said, look out how talkative Yeji is, Seulgi once thought that sometimes its not a good idea to leave her child with Wendy.

 

“Oh thats why your so good in english! Well Iam just having a vacation in Canada so my english kinda” Saeron said as she interpret by her hands on how limited her english is, Yeji giggled.Their kinda big, well Saeron is just good in handling kids.

 

An hour have past still Saeron and Yeji are playing this time Saeron let Yeri watched some nursery rhymes on her phone which made Seulgi woke up.

 

“Yeji yah?” Seulgi woke up as she fixed herself then calling her daughter.

 

“Oh eomma! You woke up! I have a new friend!” Yeji excitedly face her mother and then look again to the phone.Seulgi smiled politely knowing the situation.

 

“Iam sorry about her” Seulgi apologise.

 

“Oh no no its fine at least Iam not that bored on my seat” Saeron smiled.

 

“She’s just hyper when she woke up” Seulgi chuckled.

 

“Its fine my siblings are way more hyper than her” Saeron giggled.

 

“Ahm is she—“ Saeron stopped as she ms thinking what would be the word in english.

 

“Its fine you can talk to me in korean I can understand” Seulgi giggled as Saeron struggled.

 

“Phew I thought you cant understand too” Saeron giggled.

 

“Oh sorry about Yeji, she can understand and talk but still not that pro I just sent her korean school last year” Seulgi smiled.

 

“Well kids nowadays are fast learners no worries” Yeji smiled and Seulgi agreed.

 

“What was your question?” Seulgi smiled.

 

“Oh is she your daughter?” Saeron asked.

 

“Yes she is” Seulgi smiled.

 

“She resemble so much on you her eyes are strong like yours, its my first time to meet gorgeous people who are monolids” Saeron giggled.

 

“Well its also my first time to talk to a highschool student whom we just met comfortably” Seulgi chuckled, she is just not good in making new friends but she thought she can see Saeron on her little sister Yeri.

 

“Omo how do you know Iam a hs student?” Saeron shockingly asked.

 

“Its on your bag” Seulgi pointed a bag under her seat.

 

“Oh right my love in putting patches on my bag” Saeron chuckled as well as Seulgi.

 

“Iam a freshmen in high school, well its kinda Iam still adjusting into it mid school way too different” Saeron smiled.

 

“Oh I thought you’re having high-school in Canada” Seulgi asked.

 

“Oh no, I just went for vacation technically Iam 1 week whole gone from school, well its not a bad thing cause first week of school they let you introduce” Saeron giggled.

 

“You have a point youre like my little sister”Seulgi let a small laugh remembering Yeri from her well she definitely miss her siblings but any hour from now theyll see each other personally after so many years.

 

“Really? Well then youre sister is cool cause Iam cool” Saeron laugh as well as Seulgi.

 

“Dont you agree Yeji?” Saeron asked the toddler busy on her phone.

 

“Like ice” Yeji giggled while her eyes on the phone.This earned a laugh from the two surely Yeji is a kid with sense of humor she definitely got it from her father.

 

An attendant spoke informing the passengers that they will land any minute from now to Seoul Incheon Airport, well Seulgi can feel her home already.Minutes have past the plane landed as they head to the baggage area where to pick up their luggages Saeron decided to say goodbye as soon she saw her family from the other side of the airport picking her up Seulgi believe this wont be the last time she will meet the child, Saeron live a special place on her heart like she can literally see what would Yeji be like when she grew up.Theyll meet again for sure, the world is small she thought.

 

“Saeron unnie have to go now?” Yeji tugging her mother’s dress as they wave goodbye to Saeron.

 

“Unfortunately yes” Seulgi said.

 

“We cant see her anymore eomma?” Yeji look up to her mom the toddler looks worried.

 

“Don’t worry, of course we’ll see her again, she gave me her kakao account so girls could still talk” Seulgi smiled.

 

“Really? Thank you eomma” Yeji giggled.

 

“Your Aunt Yeri might be jealous of that, if she know she thinks youre replacing her” Seulgi chuckled.

 

“She dont have to be jealous eomma, Saeron is my unnie, Yeri imo is my auntie though they have the same age” Yeji spoke out like a grown up girl, kids these days.

 

Speaking of which as Seulgi grab their luggages and put it in a cart as she push it while Yeji holding her mother’s blouse for keeping her pace heading to the exit of the airport, Seulgi already knew who are the 4 figures that she saw from a far that catches her attention, well a teenage girl jumping up and down with a banner on it like a fangirl who is wanting to catch her idol’s attention, the other one who have a much paler skin more like the teenage girl skin who holding the banner beside her and much older to Seulgi in 3 years was excitedly waving her hand at them and two old grown ups throwing her some finger hearts and heart shapes figure to them, Seulgi could just shook her head and laugh, look how chaos her family is.

 

“Alright! Chukahamnida Chukahamnida! Welcome home unnie!! Woah is that Kang Seulgi omo! She’s back! Oh and of course Yeji her mini version!” The teenage girl energetically said as she hugged Seulgi and then carried Yeji.

 

“Why so energitic Yeri ah? You really do missed me” Seulgi laughed and hugged back her little sister.

 

“Iam sorry about her she’s so excited to see you” the 3 years older than Seulgi chuckled and hug Seulgi.

 

“Yeri imo!” Yeji exclaimed as she hugged back her auntie while shes on Yeri’s arms.Yeri respond giving her kisses on her cheeks.

 

“Well who is not that excited my partner in crime is back! I missed breaking household rules from Joo Hyun unnie” Yeri teasingly laughed Seulgi look at her and laugh upon realising to those days.

 

“Hey I heard that” Irene giving their youngest a stare and then Yeri giving out her peace sign.

 

“I just miss you” Irene hugged Seulgi again not the hugged of the CEO of KSM ent ,this time its her big sister.

 

“Me too imo!” Yeji went down from Yeri’s grip and spung her arms toward her older auntie.

 

“Awe of course you too our little bear” Irene said as she gave Yeji some kisses, Yeji giggled as she gave showered her auntie with kisses too.

 

“Iam too unnie” Seulgi smiled.

 

“Our Seulgi!” the older woman approach Seulgi and tightly hugged her.

 

“Awee eomma! I missed you!” Seulgi tightly hugged back, Seulgi got her mother’s feature from and nose but Seulgi’s eyes was on her dad having monolid eyes,this made her unique from her sisters, Irene and Yeri do have the same eyes like there mother they have double lids but all in all you can still see the resemblance of the siblings in one another.

 

“My sweet daughter me too! You know how much we missed you! We even learn how to make finger hearts for you” Seulgi’s mother doing it again and suddenly all the family members burst out in laughing, her mom as well her dad trying their best to suit in today’s generation she appreciate that.

 

“I didnt know this is a finger heart shots, Not until I saw SNSD giving me these finger hearts when I gave them vacation” Seulgi’s father chuckled and hugged her daughter.

 

“Gosh stop it eomma, appa” Irene rolled out her eyes as well as Yeri and keep laughing.

 

“Take that back I saw it” their mother staring at the two.

 

“We didnt” Irene and Yeri said in sync as they raised their hand holding their laughter.

 

“Awe appa! I missed you!” Seulgi laughed and hugged back her father this time not the hugged of the former CEO of KSM ent but its her father.

 

“I missed you too Seul” Seulgi’s father smiled.

 

“Harabeoji! Halmoni!!” Yeji ran out from Irene’s side going to where her grandparents are.

 

“Awee! Our little bear! You grew up already! Gosh honey you really look like your mother” Seulgi’s mother excitedly carried her grandchild and gave her kisses.

 

“That gorgeous monolid eyes of her that she got it from you and me” Seulgi’s father proudly said.

 

“Also from Jaebum” Seulgi added keeping her strongest smile.

 

“Yes of course!” Seulgi’s dad awkwardly smiled how come he forget and not wanting to brought it up this might Seulgi felt sad but honestly Seulgi little by little accepting the fact that Jaebum is gone for now but she knew he was watching and guarding them that he want Seulgi be happy, Seulgi will gonna kept her promise to be happy that was she thought.

 

“Okay! Enough this little fam reunion in the airport let go get some lunch!” Seulgi’s mother breaking the akward silence as they head out from the airport.

 

“Unnie about the company—“ Seulgi suppose to continue as she was walking side by side with her big sister out from the airport.

 

“Shh not now, we are having a family bonding, and I hate to brought company’s problems outside, drive me insane” Irene chuckled as she’s massaging her head.

 

“Okay” Seulgi chuckled.

 

Seulgi couldnt be much more thankful and grateful to have a family like them, a family who are supportive and trying their best on how much busy they are they will still have time to bond together, unlike that you see in movies or dramas that sometimes wealthy families are not that close to each other because the parents are busy and the kids getting rebellious because they were lack of attention from their parents, Seulgi’s family is different family first than business although sometimes it goes along together but still they are keeping the first motto as possible.