We’re here in Canada

An Everlasting Love

 

Canada was really a wonderful country to live in Seulgi thought but in a few months from now she will go back along with her daughter to her homeland which is in Seoul South Korea where her family and other relatives mostly resides.3 years ago she decided to grab the residency offered by her best friend Wendy in Canada, she was her best friend since who knows from the moment their parents gave birth to them.Seulgi decided to resides in Canada after her husband’s death which she thought she could have another start and getting away from the things that triggered her to remember her love, its still painful even now its still on her mind why her husband leave them too early, their daughter was still 6months on Seulgi’s tummy the time he leave them.It was a bus accident her husband suppose to have business trip that time on the other side of the country,  only few are survivors, though her husband’s body is still missing, of course she don’t want to give up as she’s hoping every single day for a news will come up that they found his body, but Seulgi stop believing that his husband is alive its been 3 years, if he is still alive he could have just come back earlier, even the fact is too painful Seulgi needs to be strong not just only for him or for herself also to their daughter.

 

“Yeji yah! Come here let me dress you up, we’ll visit your auntie Wendy before we leave next week” Seulgi said with her Canadian accent as she called her daughter from her playroom.

 

“But mommy I dont wanna leave my fwends are here” the 3 year old looked up to her mother giving her a hugged and she’s about to cry.

 

“Yeji, look at me” Seulgi said as she bent down to reach her daughter.Yeji looked at her mother’s eyes.

 

“Its just months Yeji, we will just visit your aunties, grandma and grandpa at Seoul, didn’t you miss them?” Seulgi smiled convincing her daughter, the truth is she wasn’t sure if it just months her big sister want her help in their family business at home and doesn’t sure how long she needed her help.

 

“I missed them too” Yeji replied.

 

“You can video chat your friends and your aunt Wendy when we arrived at Seoul” Seulgi cheering up her daughter.

 

“Really mommy?” Yeji lightens up.

 

“Of course, only if you remembered the Korean words I taught to you? Did you listen to your Korean teacher at school?” Seulgi asked.

 

Though Yeji was born in Canada, the child grew up with the Canadian language which is english, Seulgi never failed to send Yeji in a nursery Korean school there she can interact with other Canadian-Korean kids too.Seulgi speak in their native language especially at home, Seulgi trying her best as possible to talk to Yeji in Korean which is the child slightly understand she’s still having a hard time distinguishing and composing sentences about it but she understand when her mother talked although sometimes the child reply in english.Seulgi knew if Yeji dont understand because the child will gave her mother a confuse look which she found cute or she reply in english.

 

Seulgi was also having a hardtime the first time she came in Canada well she’s a complete wreck that time because of her husband but she went to Canada confidently that she will probably learn the language, she can barely understand english while she was in Korea but now everything change her Canadian accent are too good to hear, well thanks also too Wendy who helped her throughout the years.

 

“Ne! I do memorize a little eomma” Yeji giggled.

 

“We’ll work on that” Seulgi giggled.

 

“Now come on, your aunt Wendy hates waiting” Seulgi chuckled as she carried Yeji up to her bedroom.

 

After how many minutes of dressing up and driving to Wendy’s house its not that far away from their house its just a few blocks but Seulgi decided to drive in case Wendy want to head downtown.As they arrived just with few doorbells Wendy open the door.

 

“Oh my God! Seulgi!” Wendy exclaimed as she hugged Seulgi while Seulgi holding Yeji’s hand.

 

“Dont act like your surprise Seung Wan” Seulgi chuckled.

 

“Yeah right cause Iam waiting for more than 1hour the last time you called that you’ll came here” Wendy chuckled.Seulgi just shrugged her shoulders.

 

“Yeah sorry about that it took me time to find good pair of shoes” Seulgi giggled.

 

“Aunt Wendy!” Yeji hugged Wendy.

 

“Awe my favorite neice how are you?” Wendy bent down to hug back the toddler.

 

“Iam doing fine aunt Wendy cant wait to eat some apples!” Yeji cheerfully said.

 

“Alright now lets come in” Wendy smiled leading Seulgi and Yeji to the living room.

 

“Yeji yah if you want some maple syrup you can get some more okay?” Wendy said as she lead Yeji to the dining table for the child to eat.

 

“Okay Aunt Wendy thank you!” Yeji cutely smiled.

 

“Look at her she’s just naturally cute” Wendy said with her Canadian accent.

 

“Well cant blame her mother is a gorgeous monolid” Seulgi proudly said.

 

“Come on the father also” Wendy smiled as soon she realise she said something wrong she apologises.

 

“Sorry” Wendy apologised

 

“Its fine Wendy, its been years he rest in peace, besides if I will just cry and mourn about it for more than 3 years he wont be happy about it” Seulgi sadly smiled.

 

“Yeah right, you have Yeji, Iam pretty sure he is proud of you Seulgi” Wendy smiled as she gave Seulgi one glass of pineapple juice.

 

“Where is Joy and Seung Hee unnie?” Seulgi asked changing the topic referring to Wendy’s big and little sister as she notice she didnt see them around.

 

“Oh Seung Hee unnie was on a Pharmaceutical Convention it was like a seminar and Soo Young? Wait where is she?” Wendy trying to remember where is her little sister.

 

“You didnt know? She didnt asked permission to you again?” Seulgi chuckled.

 

“Well you know how out going my sister is she will—-“ Wendy supposed to continue but she was stopped by the ringing of her phone.

 

“Hello?” Wendy answered as Seulgi was looking at her.

 

“Yah! Soo Young where are you?” Wendy scolded to the other line.

 

“Iam sorry I didnt ask permission earlier unnie, Iam on a play practice right now at school, I didnt bother waking you up because you snore so loud” Joy replied.Wendy put it on a loud speaker,Seulgi holding her laugh as Wendy gave her a look.

 

“Yah! Youre so done with mom later, be sure to be home after the play no night parties!” Wendy reminded.

 

“I promise unnie, just tell mom that I did practice today and oh right I know Seulgi unnie and Yeji are there to pay you visit tell her unnie that me and Seung Hee unnie will visit her next week before her flight its just I cant make it today” Joy explained.

 

“She heard it” Wendy replied.Seulgi smiled and nod.

 

“Oh right hehe bye gotta go now cover me for mom unnie! Thanks love u!” Joy replied.

 

“Yah! You always—-“ Wendy suppose to reply but Joy hanged up.

 

“See thats what Iam going to say she ask permission when she’s already there” Wendy chuckled and shook her head.

 

“Cause Iam the middle child I have to cover her for mom again, meen I hate being the middle child” Wendy said.

 

“I feel you, middle child syndrome” Seulgi agreed as they both laugh.Seulgi was also the middle child of their family having one big sis and lil sis kinda tough.

 

“So its really final you’ll go back to Seoul? You’ll gonna leave me? Us? you’ll leave you’re job here? How about Yeji’s school?” Wendy spontaneously asked.

 

“Woah slow down Wendy” Seulgi giggled.

 

“Well Irene unnie needs my help about our family business” Seulgi replied.

 

“Oh you mean your big sister Irene? Joo hyun unnie?” Wendy asked.

 

“Yeah” Seulgi smiled.

 

“I dont remember you guys have family business the last time I came there..oh yeah! The KSM Entertainment right! Where your parents established it and now your big sister is the CEO where 

Super Junior, SNSD, BoA came from!” Wendy surprisingly said as she remembered.

 

“Yes you got it!” Seulgi replied as she found it funny how her best friend blabbers and knew about it.

 

“Your big sister is the CEO, what position she will give you there? That makes you leave your job here as also one of the famous dance choreographer of many dancing agencies here in Canada” Wendy chuckled.

 

“CBO? Chief Brand officer?” Seulgi said.

 

“Wow! That is huge Seulgi!” Wendy said knowing from its title could probably the right hand of the CEO.

 

“Well Of course I love teaching about dance here, I will miss my students, but Joo Hyun unnie really insist that I should take that position, she wants me to save the company” Seulgi said.

 

“Is it state of crisis now?” Wendy curiously asked.

 

“I think so, because she really rushes me to go there” Seulgi chuckled.

 

“Well if thats the case, if you grabbed the position feel free to contact me if you need Vocal teacher, its also nice to teach Korean singers too, Iam ready to leave my job here” Wendy giggled.

 

“Of course” Seulgi chuckled.

 

“Oh yeah how’s Yeri? Your little sister?” Wendy asked as she hand Seulgi some cupcakes that she baked.

 

“Well she’s in high school too like your little sister but she’s in first year she always video chat me every night just to ask how did I survive the freshmen year in high school, she always complain about whats the point of having an algebra in mathematics what does it do in composing some songs? She wants to be a song writer” Seulgi shared to Wendy.

 

“Oh thats reminds me Joy also complained about it she’s in her 3rd year, I only just laughed listening to her about it, she always brag to mom that she really wanted to become an actress” Wendy chuckled, to the thought how funny their little sisters are trying to face the realities but they are supportive big sisters.

 

“Are these Red Velvet?” Seulgi exclaimed referring to the cupcake shes eating.

 

“Yeah how was it?” Wendy smiled.

 

“Its delicious Wendy! You should made these as business” Seulgi chuckled.

 

“In the right time” Wendy laughed.

 

“Ill miss you” Wendy suddenly hug Seulgi changing the atmosphere into an emotional one.

 

“Hey are you crying?” Seulgi giggled as she tightly hug back her best friend.

 

“Iam not” Wendy denies as it was so obvious she’s sniffing.Seulgi just shook her head.

 

“Ill miss you too Wendy, thank you so much for everything we owe you and your family for welcoming me and Yeji everytime in better and even in worst” Seulgi smiled as she was holding her tears same time holding her bestfriend’s hand.

 

“I will not say goodbye Kang Seulgi cause I know we will always bumped each other thats how we are really meant to be sounds cheesy but Ill miss how you defend me against Joy when we are teasing each other, how you laughed at me when Iam careless, and go on shopping with me even you let me babysit Yeji” Wendy laugh and cried at the same time she sounds crazy but she is like this when it comes to her bestfriend. 

 

“Awe Seung Wan nah, I do too.. dont give me a reason not to leave” Seulgi laugh and cried at the same time.

 

“Oh if you just have the different reason, I will so do it not letting you leave” Wendy tightly hug this time, now their eyes will be puffy in the next morning.

 

“Eomma, Wendy imo please dont cry” Yeji run to the both girls arms as she dig in herself into their hug.

 

“Awe this little munchkin I will miss you too!” Wendy notice the child and let her join the hug.

 

“Ill miss you more Wendy imo!” Yeji hug back tears filled on her eyes.

 

“Wait did she speak in Korean?” Wendy look at Seulgi.Seulgi smiled and nod.

 

“Now this make me more emotional, youll survive Korea honey” Wendy said to her neice as the child nods making the three laugh on how Wendy said it with her funny expression just to lighten up the mood.

 

“Hey we should stop crying now” Seulgi initiated as she’s wiping their tears.

 

“Oh you owe me one autograph at each members of SNSD, Seulgi yah when we visit there, for making me cry right now” Wendy chuckled.

 

“Alright, I really should grab that position” Seulgi giggled as well as Wendy and Yeji.

 

The afternoon pass by full of telling each other’s stories, experiences and memories.She love talking to her best friend about everything though they will leave Canada, she promise Wendy and her family that they will still video chat and talk like that even just the screen on their handphones.Seulgi couldn’t be more thankful that she have Wendy on her life without her she couldn’t survive in Canada alone.