Her

INTO YOU
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Staff: If you could remove one of the cast members from the show, who would you pick to leave?

Lucas: I’d pick Yuqi, I want to trade her with another girl...

Yuqi sighed again for the nth time when she remembered the truth-game they played earlier today. She knew it just a harmless game, nothing deep or serious about that, it was a scripted show after all, but somehow it bothered her. Like a lot. She never felt like this before. This is so out of her character. It was so strange and—

“Are you okay?” A soft male voice brought her back to reality, Keep Running’s wrapped-up party. The staffs managed to rent one of the famous rooftop bars in Macau for them.

“Huh? Oh, I’m fine ge...” she mused low when she found Yanan standing in front of her, holding a half-empty glass of champagne.

“Are you sure?” Yanan stared at her, looking doubtful.

“Yeah, I’m totally fine...” she lied again. Yanan about to retort her answer but a sudden exploded laughter from the crowded barbeque corner stopped him. Both of them turned their head toward the noise’s sources in unison and Yuqi found the other casts were laughing over something Lucas said.

Yanan laughing softly then mused, “Ah, I wished I had half of Xuxi’s energy. Is he always that bright?” he asked her afterward.

Yuqi stared at Lucas who animatedly explained something to Kai-ge and the rest of the casts. She sighed again and murmured, “Most of the time...” Yeah, since the first time she met Lucas, she always thought he was born entertainer. He was naturally hilarious and fun on or off-screen. So, people can’t be helped but drawn to his neverending charms. Well, at least she did.

‘I do like a cute girl who said I’m not her type...’

Lucas’s words echoed again in her mind, followed by the flashback scene of him kissing her. She could feel her face getting hotter and—

“Why are you blushing?” Yanan interrupted her jumbled thoughts. She snapped back into the present reality.

“What-what are you talking about? I’m not blushing. It’s the champagne...” she brushed it off with a peal of awkward laughter to conceal her flustered expression. The latter stared at her, looking suspicious and amused at the same time.

Ever since that day, Lucas has been evading her thought more than he should. She couldn’t stop thinking about him and that damn kisses while he acted as nothing happen. She glanced at the crowd again and spotted Lucas gulped down his champagne, looking unbothered and chill. How could she was the only one who feels this way? So unfair—

“Should I call him over?” Yanan interrupted her thoughts again.

“Huh? What?”

“Don’t what me princess...” Yanan gave her a teasing grin. “I think I should go and fetch our prince charming...” he gestured his head toward Lucas who was laughing with Yan Lin. “Just wait here!” Yanan added again with a playful glint in his eyes.

“No, ge, that’s not—”

Yuqi tried to stop him but it was too late. She watched him walk to Lucas and whispered something to him. Lucas glanced over and grinned at her. “Oh crap!” She cursed under her breath when Lucas excused himself from the crowd and jogged effortlessly toward her.

“What are you doing here alone?” Lucas asked her.

“Getting my refill...” She mused and took another glass of champagne to calm her nerves. Lucas raised his eyebrows at her but he didn’t say anything for several seconds.

“Are you okay?” he asked after a while. She almost rolled her eyes at him. Is she okay? Seriously?

“Yeah, I guess...” she mumbled low.

“I notice you’ve been avoiding me since we finished filming...” Lucas muttered again while sipping his remaining champagne.

“What? Me?” She let out an awkward chuckle to cover her taken-aback expression.

“Yeah, you...” Lucas said again as putting his empty glass on the table behind them.

“What are you talking about?”

“You know exactly what I am talking about Yuqi...” he retorted. She shrugged. “See, you don’t even look me in the eye, so sad...” She glanced up almost immediately. She found him grinning at her.

“So annoying!” She pouted. He laughed at her reaction.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter