Two

Beautiful Crazy

  

 

“Grandpa,” Tata and Tatana groans while speaking simultaneously. Papa V became silent as he sighs remembering those days that he was overly jealous in his whole life with his best friend.

“I am so disappointed with myself that time, my children…” He sighs while getting himself a cookie. Staring at it while he reminisce. Pinching it slightly with the tip of his fingers, then ate it. A satisfactory crunch lingered by his grandchildrens ears.

“What did you do then papa? You couldn’t be more fool at that time.” Tata silently glared at him. Tatana smile is long gone. Disappointed lingers in her heart.

“I was indeed a fool that time. I am a confused kid and I really was resentful. I love your mama B so much that my heart aches every time I remember those times. Now my children, I assure you that love knows no boundaries… even in your flaws. The love will be there.” Papa V winks at them as he continues.

 

 

Graduation day,

It's finally here. The moment of truth, the stepping stone to the real world.

 

All the smiles and all the laughters can be brought to this very day. Friendship has formed and love. Love was amazing until you have to fight for it. Endure every moment and every piece of your shattered heart to fight for your unrequited love.

Walking side by side with you, Jungkook inhales then exhales. He was nervous being a bit of a bad boy that turns out to be graduating in honor rolls.

“Kookie, you’ll do great with your speech. Okay, just relax. Take a deep breath.”

Jungkook nodded flashing his pearly whites. His teeth are indeed sparkling with bunny features. He became your closest friend after he announced that he was your boyfriend. But having a relationship with him was just fake. You all brought it upon yourselves while planning to make Taehyung jealous. But to no avail. It didn’t actually work.

It was just a secret that you, Namjoon and Jungkook planned. The other members were just supportive and tried their utmost best to help you all three.

 

 

“I wanted to ask you by the way,” Jungkook reach out for your hands with his as he caresses them softly with his thumbs. He held them gently and you hum while nodding back at him.

“Are you sure that you want to go after Taehyung? You still have time to change your mind and find another university that you actually really dreamed of. I understand what you felt about him, but do you need to go that far just for him?”

“You already know Jungkook, that what I felt for him was real. That I love him this much. And that’s the only way to prove my love- that I’ll be there for him till the end. I just wanted to be by his side.” Your eyes cast down because you couldn't bear it anymore. Your usually strength, now showed weakness. Then a tear rolled down your cheek. Jungkook grips your hands tightly, but with gentleness. Rolling his eyes being annoyed of his hyung, Kim Taehyung.

“That bastard was so lucky to have you. He was just blind. We are just keeping it up to ourselves actually, but one day we will use our fists for him to wake up and see what he’s missing… Of course you.”

Your voice remained as warm as early spring, as if your heart beats so steadily even though you took a different view from Jeon Jungkook. You simply said this was your way of doing things. You could see Jungkook balk at first, so accustomed to him. And so before you knew it everything was happy again, it was love all around instead of the bickering that you were so accustomed to.

It was a sense of calm you grew to love all because of Jungkook.

“It’s fine. I know my limits, Jungkook. But if he wants me gone, then I’ll be gone by the second. I just hope he will accept my heart someday. I’ll just wait patiently for him to return my feelings. This time I’ll still try. For the last time.”

 

 

University years gone by and the usual you are always there for Kim Taehyung. 

He changed face and personality maturing. And being his backbone over his endeavors being University students. You are his friend his “bff” after all .

The one that are always there for him.

You are happy for him. Through his escapades, his every relationship you are there for him. He even applied to this school club  for ping pong. He was the best, a protégé, an ace. Shining as he plays.

 

He loves playing it. He collected awards and medals for playing it and your usual self  are always there for him especially in his winning moments.

 

In every step of the way you are there for him. 

 

You are not just always there during good times or rather in his celebratory times. You are there for him during his bad times.

You never miss the events that are happening to him. You became his number one supporter. 

 

Though this bad times, his dark times it didn’t end up bright for the both of you. 

After his girlfriend revealed to him which is just his new relationship about you coming to the university because of him. Pining your love towards him, not really knowing you let your guard down to her during that frat party you joined being drunk, badly drunk that you spill the truth regarding your best friend. That your life basically focused on him. Revolved around him.

 

And you didn't expect for him to lash out to you so harshly.

Taehyung barging into your dorm room suddenly and without even knowing that his coming for you late at night. 

"Why did you follow me here? Why did you came here and enrolled in the same university as mine? Tell me?!" Surprised and caught off guard with his uproar. Trying to calm him down, hands trying to reach out on his shoulders but he shove it away hurting you. 

Shaking,  you move your hands away and immediately behind you. You tried to speak and pull yourself because you always can, yet tears come in such generous streams being speechless on your part. 

"I- I love you..." You murmur to him.  Taehyung hears what you just said then scoff's as he pointed at you. 

"You're never my friend, only pining for me because of your useless love! For what?! Huh?! I told you so many times before that I will not reciprocate your love! Doing this coming all the way here for me. Yeah right,  what a bestfriend you are... Just go back. I never wanted you here with me." 

That moment on, all you could hear is your heart cracking and heart breaking. You didn't say anything anymore but you just look at him with glassy eyes as he turns away from you and walks out your room. 

***

What a biggest fool Taehyung had become. Too late to realize that he just lost you this time for good. 

From that moment on, afterwards he never seen you again.

You dropping out from the university and came back to your hometown to continue your studies far away from him. 

 

***

 

You left and gave him up already and losing you is such a grave mistake. He didn't just lost you but he was never spoken again by his childhood friends after the incident with you.

Namjoon was definitely fuming and Jungkook has been with you after they've known what happened. They're mad. Angry about what he did to you. Is your love an inconvenience to be treated that way. As if he was never been your friend. Your best friend to be exact. 

While on Yoongi's part he lectured Taehyung for good telling him how much he was disappointed in him. That they themselves don't want to see him around again. They just can't accept what he did to you and they had enough of him pushing you away in a harsh manner. Thinking that Taehyung will do that to you in their whole life.  Until the three remaining members has no news and no contact from you as well as if they were being avoided by you because of Taehyung. 

 

You don't want to be the cause of their misunderstandings but for Taehyung it's too late for that. It got the situation much harder for all of them. 

You avoid them at all cost being ashamed of yourself and scared on what they feel towards you. But they all knew your genuine love for Kim Taehyung. But Taehyung was so blind for so long that losing you must be his wake up call. Waking up late of what he really feel towards you. Regret is such a bitter taste. Karma has its own rules. 

Only then that Namjoon and Jungkook has been by your side and the others never heard of you. 

Kim Taehyung made a big mistake in his life. Losing his one great love letting it slip away. 

 

***

 

Tata and Tatana groans, "Papa V... Really?" They're all crying and pouting cutely. Head shaking side to side and they all look disappointed. 

"Ah, in this life... I wish I didn't experience that moment. I felt like a bad person. A monster. Please don't be like me my loves, your Mama B is much more and has a good and pure heart than mine. No wonder, I'm in love with her so much... It cannot be measured. In our life there will be a bad chapter and that happens to be mine. I am full of regrets that time. It is really bad here" Taehyung winks and pointed his chest right in the heart.  Then he gives his signature boxy smile at them to ease their sad expressions. 

"I've been bad, please forgive me for being like that to your Mama B. You both know how much I love your grandma right?"

They both nodded listening to him intently and he caress their heads to comfort them and let them continue his story. 

 

***

 

3 months gone by staring far from sky and the stars of heaven bloomed in the velvet black as you wish you could turn back time. 

You wish you could have spend more time with your family and mostly more time with your father. 

 

Another heart break of loss. That it took a toll on you. The silent scream of agony in your heart echoing in your ears.

 

You already stop from crying, eyes swollen as you stare looking up at the stars. Observing them while sniffing and trying to wipe your tears. When someone held your shoulder by the hand and looking back seeing Kim Taehyung in your father's wake. 

 

"Oh, hi. " He spoken your name in his deep velvety voice with gaze full of wonder and worry. Studying you afraid that you will push him away like he did to you before and always. Such a bitter memories he wants to forget and bury in his mind. He wants to take everything back. Your pain and just everything. 

 

Finally, after months of trying reaching out to you. His friends heard about the death of your father and for the first time they acknowledged him to let him know about you. His pain knowing about you doubled over on his heart.

He felt like he deserves it. The pain he had seeing you hurt. Wounded as ever in your tragic lost. The spark in your eyes that you usually have everytime you look at him had long gone. No sparks just plain sadness written in your eyes. Dull and lifeless. 

 

"I'm sorry... About your father. I" You look at him in the eyes. Oh how you missed those beautiful eyes of his. They were always beautiful to you. Strong and powerful eyes. You melt from it every time before. 

Seeing him just brings back memories but you no longer linger for him. Even the feeling you have for him. You shut it down that night he confronted you

You're starting to move on and you don't have to think more about the past. And let go. 

 

You think more on moving forward. Feelings gone astray and everything goes as always Namjoon said to you. No more holding back because it is over for you this time. You have to end your feelings in order not to hurt anymore. There's nothing you can do about the love that can never be yours from the start. 

 

But you never change for him just because of how he treated you. You didn't let your heart hardened for him. It will never be the reason to change and treat him differently.

 

You were so good to him and you cannot let yourself hate him. Because you love him up until now and the point is you will be happy for him with someone else. You love him being happy even if you're not the reason of his happiness.  

You will root for him, for his happiness even if you're not a part of it. 

 

And your wrong. Life could change in an instant with its twists and turns as it moves in mysterious ways. 

 

"Taehyung, you're here." you smiled at him and you lead him to seat nearby bench just outside your house.  Alone together. It's been awhile to have a company just the two of you together. 

 

That moment he saw through you. You're eyes full of sorrow Broken knowing deep inside he was a part of it. 

 

"I never expected you to come all the way here. How, how are you?" you tried to open up a conversation. You tried to read him to no avail. He's not that well and he feels like being eaten on the inside. He did fight so hard to see you again. The news didn't come for him. He tried to ask so many times and waited for days if ever there will be a time Jungkook would tell him about your whereabouts. 

 

Truth shatters like a broken glass. 

All along he was in love with you and the realization didn't come in the right time or moment. He had to experience loosing you in exchange of his feelings that has been buried deep within him. 

 

"I'm an idiot." he bow down his head hands clasps together in his lap. 

 

"I shouldn't hurt you, so so so many times. I felt so stupid. Stupidest person in the whole world." He is already looking finding your eyes with his. Confusion written in your face. 

"No, you were not. Taehyung, how could you say that? Hurting me, it's part of life and I really do understand you." 

 

"No, this is my fault. I'm sorry. You were miserable because of me and I hurt you. I'm so sorry" he is sobbing heart full of regret knowing the pain he had caused you. All this time. 

 

"Taehyung don't be like that. I know I'm clingy, overbearing and simply not your type. And I chase you far too long and that my brain was not functioning well even to the point of following you in your dream school, that I just didn't understand or the fact that you rejected me hundred times over. You had enough of me feeling like a glue to you. I already accepted that I couldn't be the love that you want or wanted. You don't want me or need me. You don't even have to see me today because I totally underst-"

 

Taehyung stops you from speaking more as he made a move by holding your face with his hand as he get closer to you. 

Staring in your eyes first then your lips. You being frozen at his sudden action. You can't barely move as you didn't imagine this position from him being this close to you. Both hearts skipping a beat. 

 

And knowing without any resistance or stopping him of what he will ldo to you, he kissed you deeply.

After a minute of kiss he parts from your lips and he breath on our lips as he lingers from it. 

 

"I love you too."

 

In Taehyung’s kiss declares the promise of years and the sweetness of waiting for real love.

 

To think you were both beautiful, crazy about each other.