One

Beautiful Crazy

 

The bus cruised down a twisting road, grassy, forest green hills looming over the mountainous drive. An endless expanse of turquoise wonder, shimmering a liquid gold, stretched towards the distant horizon. The sun stood radiant, its light creeping into every corner as it bathes the whole world in a warm glow.

The boy hops down by the bus helping his younger sister out as they walk through the pathway field. It has been awhile since they visited the countryside where their parents grew up. Excitement and happiness filled upon them as they think about their grandfather.

They look up to him so much that all they wanted to do is to sit right next to him and listen to his beautiful story about how he met their grandmother. Of course how can they forget about it when he speaks about her all the time with full of warmth, amazement, and just pure love. They grew up knowing about his great love story every time they visit them, and now at their teenage years they can’t wait to be retold about it.

For their grandfather, the respect he held for their grandmother was like an aged cheese. It became stronger with age, more mature, more robust. She was unfailingly kind, she always put others first and herself last. No matter how tired she was his admiration for her was deep seated and long lasting. For him she was truly an amazing woman. She truly loves him despite everything that he had done to her. He loved her and it will be unconditional. She makes sure of that and prove that for him in a long time till then.

And he loves her with all his heart and soul. He will trade his life for her at all cost. She was the air that he breathes.

His life.

Thinking about it, they can’t wait to hear him tell stories about their grandma again.

 

...

 

“How have you been my boy, you grew up well. Looking handsome as me eh?” The old man embraces Tata as he chuckles happily and next he looks at Tatana beside him. “Ah, you look exactly like your mother, and she looks exactly like your grandmother, hehe.” He can’t help himself as his boxy smile appeared. Wrinkles appearing. His eyes formed like a crescent moon remembering his dear lovely wife.

Tatana excitedly giggled to him. “Papa V, can you tell us your story about Mama B,” Tatana hugging him by his waist. V is a given nickname to him by his wife while B means beautiful, a nickname given by him to his wife which is you.

“Ah, then let’s eat first. I’ll make you guys some hot coco and I’ll tell you.” He grins once more urging them inside the dining room. Minutes pass by making small conversations filled with laughters as grandpa V started to joke around. He coughs all of a sudden making a serious face, “Now, it’s time…” He smirks suddenly making his grandchildren jump excitedly

"FINALLY! PAPA V!" They exclaimed all gathered up beside him, their ears on him.

 “This is our story, your grandmother and I,” His eyes shined.

...

 

 

In the classroom, a gang of teenagers came by, taking advantage of not being under surveillance by an adult, the noisy teenagers, pulled out their prohibited mobile phones and the sound of camera shutters clicking against each other filled the whole room, as they ridiculously posed for the picture using unrecognizable facial expressions. You recognize them instantly. They were called the Bangtan Boys or BTS with the group members namely, Kim Taehyung, Kim Seokjin, Park Jimin, Jeon Jungkook, Kim Namjoon, Min Yoongi and Jung Hoseok.

The head turners and the most besotted boys in the whole campus.

Unfortunately, you are one of the girls who are obsessing over with their one member.

Kim Taehyung.

It is the next class after all and you happen to be in the same class with them. God gave you this miracle as what you called it. The only one subject you have with them, with him and you glance at them completely in trance. Whipping your head out looking over at them one by one to find Taehyung.

“Can you stop staring at him? It feels like you’ll devour him anytime right now.” Jungkook  stride over at you snapping your gaze out of Taehyung. He and all the members of his squad knows that you’re totally smitten by him.

Jungkook sways his hand in front of your face next as he laughs at you while you scoff at him, swatting it gently away.

“Yah, I’m just looking. Is that even illegal?” You rolled your eyes at him. He’s getting on your nerves. He’s definitely one of their bullies from Taehyung’s squad. You bet he is. Because hundred percent he annoys the daylight out of you since knowing that you have this big crush on their member. Not everything could be better too since Jimin and Jin happen to be the next in line to tease you most of the time. The eldest and youngest of the squad and life couldn’t be easier for you.

“Oh, hoho. Getting excited over there with our Taehyungie. Got a crush’ written all over your face. HAHAHA!” Jin started to banter as he claps his hand over Jungkook’s shoulder after he heard him teasing you already. Jimin coming over at your desk, eyes could not be seen as he started to tease you about Taehyung.

And then Taehyung turned his head towards you. He squinted at you through hardened eyes and they were simply chilling. Every muscle in his face was tense and without a word he communicated with intensity by just looking at you and now he stood by you glaring.

Your eyes widened.

 

"Crush" was such an infantile word, one that must have been invented by older folks, the ones with an interest in belittling young love. You hated it. You didn't have a crush on Kim Taehyung, you loved him with the passion hotter than a thousand suns. He was the one. You knew it. He was all that was in your mind; he was your true north, your everything.

 

One day you’ll prove it to him.

 

***

 

"Where is Taehyung?!" you shouted as you ran through the hallway. You wanted to know the truth about the rumors spreading around, that Taehyung asking out someone else.

"Hey, hey," Yoongi halts you near the door getting frustrated. Hands up while stopping you to enter the auditorium. "You should get a grip on it, let loosen up, okay?" He looks at you with pleading eyes. He begs, praying for you to stop being hysterical.

"No, Yoongi. Is that Meghan?? Oh, please no. Not her, she’s a brat! I tell you she will play Taehyung's feelings. Oh no, this is not good. Let me in please!" You insisted and kept pushing through inside the room and Yoongi pushed you back slightly hands on your shoulders.

"You should stop this. Being the man that I am, if someone rejected you, you should stop already. You'll end up being hurt more. And we don't want you to get hurt further.”

It doesn’t matter if you get hurt. You have to talk to Taehyung.

“Just stop being stubborn this time and let him be. He wanted to date her. You should understand that, stop looking for him anymore." Yoongi’s words rang like a mantra over and over in your head.

 

Your shoulders drooped walking like a zombie. To no avail, as you head back to the classroom. Taehyung’s friends are so loyal that you haven’t got any chance to explain yourself. You’re just worried because you have known Meghan Lee long enough. She’s a beauty alright but with a bad attitude. Sighing deeply, you made your way to your seat and made eye contact with no-one. You fell into your seat like a dead person and stared at the empty white board.

Being hurt is an understatement for you.

It is a cruelty of life being in love, that a heart can keep on beating even after it has been broken countless of times. You’re not worthy of being loved by Taehyung and it feel as though your heart is being gripped in an ice-cold vice and ache as if it will implode in your chest, but still the boom-boom continues.

Sighing dejectedly, you grab your notebook from your bag and started to doodle broken hearts filled with Taehyung’s name on it.

 

The wind howls as the students arrive through the gates, hustling and bustling down the corridors. Friends are greeting each other with a hug or a playful punch while newcomers stand looking scared. The seniors stand, tall and proud, confidence born of experience. Soon, the bells ring and everybody runs except an occasional slowcoach or chatterbox.

On your way to your next period you noticed Kim Taehyung in the corner. Near by the students’ area alone by the long table. Glancing for anyone around, you made your way to him to make a conversation.

You know better because of the chaos that happened during the prom night about him and Meghan to be exact.

“Hi!” You chirped behind Kim Taehyung, his eyes cast low. Wide-eyed after taking a double look at you. “What are you doing here?” Taehyung said with his low deep voice. You walked and seated beside him and not taking any glance at you. His facial expression sank faster and every thought in your mind was silenced into denial and grief. He was sad and it makes you sadder. Your heart twisted in pain as well with him but you wanted to cheer him up, making up your mind by taking this courage to talk to him.

“I told you so, but you didn’t listen. She ditched you after the prom right? Together with Dawson, the wanna be hottie from another campus.” Flush of embarrassment appeared on Taehyung’s face.

“You don’t have to rub it in my face, I get it.” You take a deep breath as you turn to face him. “I’m not rubbing it in you okay, you know, you deserve better. Like me, for example.” You boasted pointing at yourself to him.

“How many times do I have to tell you, I don’t like you.” Mentally in pain hearing that, your heart rips apart silently. But being strong willed and at the same time being stubborn are your personalities. You never back down.

“Okay mister V, you don’t have to rub in my face either, but really find someone who will love you, like I do.”

“Uhh, stop please. I get goosebumps and it’s not funny.” Taehyung expression became sour. “You see, you don’t really like me at all, you’re just into this.” He pointed his forefinger on his handsome face. Pointing out his painstakingly handsome features. And it’s really blinding. He’s definitely wrong on that part though. The quality that you want in a man is not only on the outside. It has to be on the inside.

For what he is and that’s for sure.

You have known their group and you see he has more to him than meets the eye.

You love Taehyung. He’s very handsome, but it’s not the only thing that attracts you about him. You especially love his extra behavior every time you observe him together with his friends when you have the opportunity to.

You’ve been into him for far too long and it make you smile every time you think about his 4D personality.

It’s kind of cute and cool at the same time. It is unique after all.

“You should know better V,” You harrumph. You smack him slightly in the head not wanting to hurt him. And he wince slightly.

“What was that for?” Pouting at you.

“For being a fool, and yeah, I think we should be friends now.” For me to protect you from now on. You mentally made a pact to yourself for him.

“Are you crazy? You look like a crazy ahjumma.” Shivers run down his spine.

“I. AM. NOT.” Shock painted in your face as you scrutinize him. Hands on your waist, standing up, you comforted him once again and his head down low again.

“But really, V you should be proud of that face. You deserve the recognition; you have it all!” You shrug. “So, we good? Don’t worry, no more chasing after you.” But this was just the beginning you thought as you grin.

“Yeah, just friends.” Taehyung said.

“Okay.”

“Any way, what is the meaning of V? You kept calling me that.” He scratched his head asking you being curious.

“V is for vinegar because every time you looked at me your face turned into sour. DO I LOOK LIKE LEMON TO YOU?” You never miss the chance to see his boxy smile finally.

 

***

 

 

   You stayed with Taehyung being his friend and it means you will be friends with the rest of his gang. You’ve been there all along together. Through good and bad times, you’ve been with them and that means through thick and thin you will be there for them.

Especially to Kim Taehyung.

Despite seeing him dating with someone else, after Meghan, you also seen and witnessed his love escapades and you’ve been there for him supporting him as ever. As a friend.

You’d always stick up for Taehyung in front of others, even when you knew he was wrong. Then privately you’d let him know what he really thought and how he should have behaved differently, who he should apologize to, how to avoid repeating the mistake. You listened to him because he listened to you.

That kind of friendship you keep the most with him.

You love him even more than that without even realizing. Sometimes he could lose his temper and be a right brat, then it would be your turn with the sage advice. You were friends no matter what and stayed strong for him.

 One afternoon, the whole members of BTS stayed with you in your house together with Taehyung’s new love life, new girlfriend to be exact. You just suppressed the ill feelings you always have with him with his girlfriends and with this new, latest one.

You should name yourself V, being the sour one. Because every time you see Taehyung with someone else you get jealous but you buried it deep within because in your heart you were just a friend to him and nothing else and that hurts you the most. It was sad. Everyone just loves him, they’re drawn to him and you had no protest with that.

 

“Hey,” Namjoon nudges you after cleaning up the snacks, gathering them one by one. They decided to headed all to your home to rest and lounging around in the living room. They were all preoccupied except for Kim Namjoon. “I have to talk with you privately is that okay?” He said and pointed you to your dining area.

“Ah, sure.” You nodded as you walked by to throw all their garbage. You noticed Jungkook glancing at you same with Jimin. They both look at each other.

 

“How are you doing lately?” Namjoon asks you. “What? Why? We’re always together. I’m definitely fine.” You laugh at him jokingly. You both faced each other, sitting by the table across each other. “Why the sudden question? Of course I’m fine.” You wave at him sheepishly trying brush off his sudden worry for you.


“No. You’re not fine. Spill it, we know exactly what you’re feeling right now.”

“What do you mean?” Being confused all of a sudden. You look at him with wide eyes.

“You’re not totally okay, seeing him with someone else. Our Taehyungie, you’re hurting.” Looking at him silently, you cannot speak all of a sudden. You look down at your hands intertwining your fingers together. How could they see through you? You felt sad all of a sudden. You didn’t felt someone behind your back. Your eyes glimmered with watery tears, as someone cupped your face.

Jungkook held your face with his hands, he uses his thumbs to wipe away your tears.

They knew all along you’ve been hurting. You love him and you try to deny it, but it’s written across your face for everyone to see. You just don’t bother saying it, because you know nothing will come of it.

 

“You have to forget about him, we will help you.” Jungkook whispered and you nodded. How can you forget about the love you always wish to have? You asked yourself.

 

***

 

 

Jealousy is an understatement of what Kim Taehyung feels right now. He doesn’t exactly pinpoint why but everything seems odd to him. Why is that? He thought.

Taehyung bolt in a group filled with laughter as he snatches Jungkook’s arm away. His doe eyes widen a bit taken a back. Kim Taehyung is fuming and he can’t take it longer anymore. He was being neglected since that day they hang out with your house to chill and what not after school with his girlfriend. Strange enough you no longer talk to him the usual, unlike his brothers. Just now you’re filled with smiles all just for them. For them and only them. And it bothers him the most because you’re his friend and closest friend of his. His.

 

What bothers him the most too is that you’re sticking with Jeon Jungkook all the time and days since. Like he’s your boyfriend or something and Taehyung is definitely not happy.

 

Taehyung pull Jungkook away from the rest of you to talk to him privately. Eyebrows furrow and deeply sigh. “Bro, what’s going on? It’s bothering me for days… Why can’t I talk to her? Why can’t I talk to my friend? She’s my friend from the first place before you all guys did.”

He huffs and Jeon Jung kook just stared at him not even blinking.

“Hyung…” He was contemplating and Taehyung is quite nervous from the way he looks. “You know how possessive I am right?”

“What? What are you talking about?” Taehyung confusedly as back.

“I’m her boyfriend now hyung.” Jungkook confessed and his face fell.

“You’re joking right? How possibly that happened?” Taehyung laughs annoyingly. Not believing Jungkooks confession. For him that was impossible. For all of them knows you only like him. HIM.

“You’re lying Kook, not me please.” He smirks at him looking away and back to face him again.

“If you are then kiss her. I don’t even care because you won’t and you’re lying.” Taehyung challenged Jungkook.

Jungkook narrows his eyes on him. Taking in the challenge and without any second thoughts he raced his way back to you. Taehyung following behind, eyes like saucers when Jungkook kissed you on the lips, his hands rested below your ear, his thumbs caressing your cheeks. It is an unexpected kiss that shocks everyone away. Mostly Taehyung.

 

Oh hell no.

 


 

tbc. I really wanted to finish this today. This is only a oneshot story. Enjoy :3 I'll be right back! Hihi edit will be ongoing sorry for some grammar mistakes etc.

 

*** updated