Part 2

Photograph
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yesterday…. Jin oppa asked me to marry him…..” Mina started to cry.

“As if I care about your wedding.” My chest felt burning. I hold the knob and open the door.

“I refused him!!!” Mina sobbed.

I stop. Stunned.

“Please….. don’t go.” Mina look at me. Her sad eyes begged me to stay.

I clapped my hands slowly. “Great job, Mina. Now, you hurting 2 people in the same time.” I quipped her.

“Please, understand me… Dahyun.”

“I already tried to understand you for years!!” I step outside. “I won’t go home tonight. No need to wait me.” I close the door.

 

I walk faster to my car and drive it away from our house.

T-tha-that was……. really shocked me. My mind keep telling me to go back to our house and to hug Mina…. to comfort her. I shook my head. “No!! I won’t go back!” 

She…… she already dumped me for long time. Besides that….. there’s someone else who waiting for me now.

She open the door. “Dahyunnie.” Sana smile at me brightly and pulling me to her hug.

I hug her too. I close my eyes and then I take a deep breath. I love these feelings… I feel comfortable, safe, and relaxed.

Being here…. with Sana is totally different when I was with Mina.
With Mina, I always felt afraid. I’m afraid that she will leave me again… I’m afraid that she will hurting me again. I’m afraid being alone again.

Sana…… although I didn’t knew her as long as I knew Mina, but… I know that Sana won’t hurt me. This is strange, but I already trust her since……..

*FLASHBACK*

“Dahyun ssi?”

I lifted my head. “Ah, Sana chan! Ohayou. Please be ready… I will prepare my camera.” I stood up.

She grabbed my hand and forced me to sat again. “What’s wrong?”

I confused. “No-nothing is wrong…”

She touched my forehead. “You have fever. Let’s go to my house, I already called my personal doctor.” She pulled my hand.

“Bu-but…. we have a deadline!! They will angry at me.” I pulled back my hand harshly. “And…. You already called the doctor?! How did you kn-”

She used her sleeve to wiped my neck. “Just look at the sweat at all over your body. I had already here since 10 minutes ago and I already called the company to postpone our photo-shoot. So, don’t worry.” She gave me a bitter smile.

Wait. She's…. sad?!

*END OF FLASHBACK*

She let go of her arms. She frowning when she look at my face. “What’s wrong?” She wipes my cheeks with both of her hands. “Did you just crying?”

I smile. “Nothing is wrong.”

She rolled her eyes. “As always.” She hold my hand and pulling me to enter her house. “Why do you keep telling me that nothing is wrong? Am I don’t get your trust yet?”

We sat on the couch.

“Did you have quarrel with your sister again?”

I simply nodded. This is it. She’s always expert in guessing what happened to me. It’s like…… I can’t hide anything from her.

She stand up and then she walks closer to me. She sit on my lap and put her hands around my neck. “What’s the problem?”

I hold her waist. “I will talk about it later.”

Honestly… I don’t know how to say it. Should I tell her that actually Mina is my ex? Not my sister.
Even though we’re still not officially dating yet, but… I’m afraid that she will think how crazy I am to living with my ex.
I can’t play with her heart…. I won’t become like Mina. 

I caressed her cheek. “Let’s just enjoy our quality time.”

She smile. “I’m glad to.” She capturing my lips.

I pressing my lips harder. Her lips are so tempting, I wanna eat it all. I wanna feel it more. Our kiss become more passionate and wild. I enjoyed her rhythm.

====================== 3 Days Later ======================

“Where have you been?" Mina immediately stand up when she see me entering our house.

I walks faster to my room. “I’m tired, Please don’t pick a fight now.”

“I don’t wanna fight with you. I’m just want to know where did you stay in last 3 days.”

I go upstairs. “I’ve told you to not wait me.” I have to increase my volume so she can hear me.

“But you told me that you’ll only leave for one night. It’s been 3 nights, Dahyun!!”

I hear Sana’s voice. “Don’t worry, Mina ssi… she stayed in my house.”

I facepalming. I change my clothes quickly. It’s gonna be a ‘war’. I go downstairs and then I grab Sana’s hand. “Let’s go. We can’t be late.” I pull her hands.

She bowed at Mina. “See you later, Mina ssi. Please trust me, I will take care of her.”

Mina seems really angry. She clenched her fist. She’s going to burst out.

Okay… this is really awkward. I must tell Sana soon that she isn’t my sister. I wave my hand at Mina. “Don’t worry… I will go home tonight after our photoshoot finished. We can talk later. Bye….. sister.” I close the door.

“Sana… I told you to wait me in my car.” I pout.

She giggle. “I’m sorry, but we can’t make her keep worrying you. At least she knew that you’re with me.” She’s squeezing my hand.

“Wow. You’re really nice towards her. You worrying her but you didn’t worried about me… you kept hitting my arms! I’m jealous.” I .

“Of course I’m worried about you too. Stop being childish, my handsome photographer.” She punch my arm.

“See?! You hit me again.” I pinch her nose.

She wanna hit me again, but I can perfectly avoid it. I run to my car and I open the door for her. “Let’s go, ojou-sama.” I bowing at her and treating her like a princess.

“Silly.”

======================== At Night ========================

We sat on a couch in our living room. We sat silently, although we planned to talk but… no one have a guts to start the conversation. I’m really tired because me and Sana did the outdoor photoshoot today.

It’s easier to do it indoor because we can change the decoration as we like, but it’s different when we do an outdoor photoshoot. We can’t changes the weather. It’s tiring to wait the proper moment and tired to looking for nice places, we can’t only do it in a same spot over and and over again.

I stand up. “I’m tired and sleepy. Good night.” I turned and walk away. I went upstairs. “I know that this is going to be useless, Mina.” I enter my room and close the door.

I lie down on my bed and try to sleep. But my phone ringing. I got a message.

——————————————————————
Dahyun, I’m sorry.
I know that I’m not a good friend,
not a good lover,
not a good ex,
and not a good housemate either.

I know you’re tired.
Good night, Dahyunnie.
——————————————————————

I sighed. I simply replied "im glad you know.” I turned off my phone.

*SLEEP*

I awakened because I heard the thunder rumbled. I open my eyes and…………. dark.

I’m shock to the death. I wanna scream, but suddenly I remember that I had a big quarrel with Mina. I didn’t need her help.

I sit quietly and curled, I hug my legs. The darkness make me chills. I have Achluophobia, I’m afraid of the dark. I… I wanna scream. I cried quietly, my self esteem prevent me to ask for help. Damn!!

It’s been an hour but the lights still off. Heavy rain outside. I sobbed. Mina… why don’t you knock my door? You knew my fear.

I’m tired and sleepy. I’m hesitant. Should I call Mina?? ………… No, I shouldn’t!! 

2 hours!!! Everytime I heard the thunder strikes, I feel my heartbeat became uncontrolled. I gave up. I decided to went out from my room and ask for Mina’s help.

I walk slowly in the dark and then I open the door. I trembled because it’s very dark. “Mina chan…”

No answer.

“Mina chan!” I increase my volume but still no answer.

I’m so desperate. “Myoui Mina!!!!” I screamed.

“Yes?”

“Wwwaaaaaa!!!!” I heard someone answered me. Sh-she’s here?

I looked down, I see someone lit the candle. “Ahh… are you awake, Dahyun?”

“Wh-what are you doing in front of my room?”

“Didn’t you just calling me?”

I rolled my eyes. “Yeah… I’m calling you… but you already here before, right? I didn’t saw you went upstairs.” I pointed at the stairs.

She stood up and then she give me the candle.
“I already sat here since 3 hours ago. I knew that you afraid of the dark, so.. I just came here..
But I was afraid to knocked your, I mean… you still angry at me and you maybe still slept.
And then I decided to wait here until you call me.” She smile. “Now… I can go back to sleep. Good night.” She walked away.

“Hey! Why don’t you answered me when the first time I called you? I called you 3 times, you know?!”

She stop in the middle of stairs. She turned back. “I know but I’m sorry. I just miss you call my name.” She walks downstairs again.

3 hours?? Sh-she sat here for 3 hours?? Stupid. I look around…. darkness everywhere. Urgh God, You must be kidding me! “Mina!!”

“Yes, Dahyun?” She answered me from downstairs.

“D-don’t leave me. Just please….. come here again.” No answer. “Oh, okay. No problem if you don’t want to.” I go in to my room and close the door.

I put the candle on my desk. I lay on my bed again. The candle didn’t help me, I’m still trembled.

“Dahyun, open the door.” She knocked my door.

I gasped. “The door is unlocked.”

She open the door and go into my room.  She sit on a chair. “I will sat here until you fall asleep. Just relax.”

“Thank you.” I grab my pillow and my bolsters. I turned my body and facing the wall. I don’t want to see her face.

I really wanna sleep, but many questions keep popping out in my head. “What do you want, Mina?”

“What do you mean?”

“Don’t act like an innocence. You angry at me when Sana was here, you broke up with your boyfriend and you refused to marry him… I know exactly how painful is it, I feel pity for Jin.
Y-you refused me too, you refused my propose.” I gulped. Those pain… I feel it again.

“I’m sorry….”

“Can you say anything else besides ‘sorry’? What I need now is a reason!” I feels my tears flowing to my cheeks. I try hard to not make any sound. I don’t want Rena know that I’m crying. I bit my lips.

“Dahyun….. we both girls so……”

“So… what? Jin…. he is… a man!! Then why-” My voice cracked.

Mina seems realized that I’m crying, I can hear her steps. She sit on my bed. “Don’t cry, please… It’s hurt me too.”

“What did you expect, huh? Am I must laughing in front of you?
You accepted my love without a reason, you broke up with me without a reason, and then you refused Jin ssi without a reason too.
I guess…. This is your hobby. I can’t wait to see you dating with someone else and then you break up with them again.”

“Dahyun!!” She stand up.

I tur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter