Part 1

Photograph
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My name is Kim Dahyun.

I came from Seongnam, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea but 4 years ago…. I moved to Seoul because of my job.
I’m a photographer at one of the biggest fashion company in South Korea.

4 years ago I was really felt lonely… I had to left my parents, my hometown, and my best friend….. Myoui Mina. 
Me and Mina already knew each other since high school.

Mina is working as a young lecturers in Seongnam University, but 3 years ago she moved to Seoul too because she was accepted as a lecturer in Seoul University of Science. I have to admit that she has a really bright brain.

Since 3 years ago, we lived in a same house….

After a year I lived with her, I felt something different towards her… I fell in love with her. And thank God, she accepted my feeling! I was so happy back then.

But it wasn’t last long……

*FLASHBACK*

“Mina unnie, ” I knelt in front of her.

Mina seemed confused. “Wh-what is it? Please stand up! I’m embarassed, everyone look at us.”

“We already knew each other for 9 years.
In these 9 years, we already dated for 2 years. I think it’s more than enough for me to convince my heart that you’re the only one for me.”

I took a ring from my pocket. “Please be mine. I wanna be with you until God take my life, only the death that can separate us in this world.”

She gasped. “B-but… we both girls. I…. I can’t. I’m sorry.

 Mina just walked away and left me alone in the restaurant.

She didn’t go home for 3 days since my ‘failed confession’. I’m really worried about her.

*On the 4th day*

I heard our bell rang, I ran towards the door. I really hope that it’s Mina unnie.

I opened the door quickly.

Yes…. It was Mina, but she was not alone. She came with a man, they were holding hands.

“Hi, Dahyun-ssi.” He bowed at me and I bowed back. He’s Jin… as far as I know, he’s a lecturer in Seoul University too. I knew him because he often drove Mina home.

Mina walked in, she passed me without said anything.

“Dahyun-ssi… please take care of my Mina.” He smiled at me. “See you later. Good night.” He walked away from our house.

M-my… My Mina?

*END OF FLASHBACK*

1 year has passed, I’m really glad that even though me and Mina unnie aren’t ‘together’ anymore.. well, at least we still living in a same house and we’re still friends.

At first, it was really hard for me to accepted the reality about Mina wasn’t mine anymore. I can’t even understand why she accepted my feeling if she didn’t wanna make a serious commitment with me.

But after some months… I can accepted it. I realized that Mina’s happiness is more important than my happiness. If Jin can give her more happiness than I had ever gave to her, then….. it’s okay.

==================================================

“Unnie!!” I carried 2 big suitcases.

“Yes Dahyun?” She came out from her room. She looked surprised. “Where are you going?”

“I will go to Osaka for 2 weeks. I have some photo sessions there.” I grinned at her.

Her eyes wide opened. “Japan?!! Daebak I want to go back there!!”

“Yeah…” I scratched my head. “Ummm… take care.” I turned away and walked to the door

Honestly… I don’t have anything to say again. Even though we’re still friends, but awkward situation still existing between us. I opened the door.

“Wait!!”

I turned back. I saw her go to her room and then she come out again. She held a scarf.

She walks closer towards me. “I’m sure that you didn’t have any scarf.” She wrapped it on my neck. “It’s winter there.”

I don’t know whether my cheeks blushed or not, I just say.. “Thank you.”

I turned away and then I walked outside. The taxi driver was waiting for me. The driver helped me to lift my suitcases to the luggage.

I got in to the taxi. I saw Mina stood in front of our house, she waved her hand. Take care, Mina unnie.

      ============= Osaka JAPAN=============

“Ohayou gozaimasu minna!!” A staff greeted us. “How was your night? Is the hotel fine enough for you, Miss Kim?”

“I have no problem with the hotel, thank your for your help.” I bowed at him. “Where’s my model?”

“She’s in the make-up room, you can go ahead to the studio, Miss Kim.”

I nodded and I followed a staff who showed me where the studio was.

I prepared my camera and other stuff that needed. I gave some instruction to the staff about the brightness of the light.

“Dahyun -ssi. Your model is here.”

I turned back. I was a little surprised. She’s beautiful.

“Nice to meet you Kim Dahyun-ssi. I’m Minatozaki Sana, please take care of me.” She bowed at me.

“Nice to meet you too, Minatozaki-san.” I shook her hand. “Then… let’s start.”

===================================================

Mina is right, it’s winter here. I sat on the couch and I saw the snow fell beautifully outside the window. I slurped my coffee.

A message came, I read it.

——————————————————————
From : Mina <3

How’s your first day? ^‿^
——————————————————————

I was so happy. I didn’t expect before that Mina will asked about my day.

——————————————————————
To : Mina <3

Everything works well.
And… you’re right, it’s winter here.
Thank you for the scarf. 
——————————————————————-

I waited for her reply but…. nothing. So, I just put my phone on the table and I went to sleep.

===================================================

“Minatozaki-san, look at the camera.” *click*

“Okay, great.. now, show me your smile.” *click*

“Okay….. show me a smirk.” *click* “Nice! You have 5 minutes break, Minatozaki-san.”

I sat on a chair and then I looked at my camera… sliding the pictures one by one. Wow… in each photo, she looks so gorgeous.

I copied the pictures into my laptop. I re-checked the pictures. Looks good.

“Guys, please rearrange the studio.. we move to the next theme!
Please decrease the light brightness and change the background with the black one.
Minatozaki san, you can change your dress now. Tell the make-up team to thicken your eyeliner, I think ‘smokey eye’ will be good.”

She nodded and then she went into the changing room.

“5 minutes again… please be ready.”

“Hai, Miss Kim!!” The staff answered me.

While the staff prepared the studio, I kept checking my camera and took some samples. “Okay, that’s enough. Please call Minatozaki-san.”

One of the staff entered the changing room to call my model

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter