[ 1 ]

Love comes with a Punishment.

 

“Eunbi?” Chaewon muttered her girlfriend’s name in confusion and picked up the call, she was busy studying for her midterms but was interrupted by the ringing of her cellphone. “Chaewon-ah!” came Eunbi’s cheerful voice, the enthusiasm in Eunbi’s tone made Chaewon smile. “Why did you suddenly call?” Chaewon asked and closed the book she was reading, there was a long pause before Eunbi answered. “I just missed you that’s all,” Eunbi said, though Eunbi wasn’t able to see it Chaewon shook her head in response and giggled. “Are you sure that’s all?” Chaewon questioned teasingly, “fine! I’m on my way to your place right now ‘cause I miss you.” Chaewon’s eyes widened from what she had heard, Eunbi’s already in her second year of college and that meant the girl is busy all the time because of the piling work and deadlines. Although Eunbi is in a tight schedule she still manages to find time to be with Chaewon. “But aren’t you busy? You have a project due on Monday!” Chaewon was ready to nag but Eunbi shrugged it off and laughed.

 

“I already finished it and submitted it yesterday don’t worry,” Eunbi reassured, Chaewon took in a deep breath and released a long sigh before nodding. “Hard-working student council president Kwon Eunbi coming through,” Chaewon quipped, giving out a soft chuckle, “you bet.” Eunbi countered and laughed along, “I’ll wait for you. Drive safe, it’s raining hard today.” Eunbi hummed, “see you soon!” They exchanged goodbyes before ending the call. Chaewon lets out a blissful sigh and picked up her book, “now, where was I?” Chaewon spoke to herself and continued reviewing.

 

Chaewon was too focused on studying that she didn’t notice time was passing by fast, she only snapped out from her little world when she remembered about Eunbi. She placed her book down and opened her phone, she was soon filled with worry seeing that there were no missed calls or even a text from Eunbi. “Where are you Eunbi?” Chaewon exhaled, running a hand through her hair.  She tried dialling Eunbi’s number but only directed her to a voice, she also sent a few messages after giving up on calling. “She’s supposed to be here hours ago, there’s hardly any traffic at this hour,” Chaewon’s voice trembled as she tried contacting Eunbi again only for it to be directed to a forwarded call. Chaewon was on the verge of tears as unpleasant thoughts of Eunbi getting into an accident clouded her mind, she desperately tried getting rid of those thoughts but to no avail, it keeps coming back. It was starting to drive her crazy.

 

“Chaewon-ah.” Chaewon was pulled out from her negative thoughts when Sujeong entered her room with sadness clouding her features, “you might want to see what’s on the news right now.” Sujeong’s voice sounded distant, and it didn’t sit well with Chaewon. The look on her face didn’t help either as it only added fuel to Chaewon’s uneasiness, “is it about Eunbi?” Sujeong hung her head low and nodded slowly. Chaewon hurriedly jumped out of bed and ran downstairs, there she saw everyone huddled in front of the tv. The atmosphere surrounding the room was suffocating, it was dead silent and the only sound she hears was the sound coming from the tv and Juri’s sobbing. Chaewon quickly went to Juri’s side and engulfed her in a hug, caressing her back in an attempt to calm her down. “Juri what happened to Eunbi?” Juri hid her face in the crook of Chaewon’s neck and pointed the screen of the tv, Chaewon shifted her gaze to the screen and froze. Her assumptions were true after all.

 

Eunbi’s… gone.”

 

 

_____________________________________

 

I FINALLY MANAGED TO PUT CHAPTER ONE TOGETHER HNGNGNNGNGGN.

I'm sorry it took long, angst isn't really my thing so I kinda had a hard time, don't attack me pls I'm trying my best- [angsty crying noises]