Part Two

One Mysterious Night

Being left alone in your apartment with an extremely beautiful stranger would be every girls dream. However, for WheeIn that was not the case. Kim YongSun sat on WheeIn's sofa, in WheeIn's white night dress, spare blanket on her lap. WheeIn, still dresses in her white dress shirt and black slacks, was sitting on the edge of the coffee table facing her. Pen and notepad in hand, she was trying very hard not to look at the not fully buttoned up night dress YongSun was sporting. Instead she looked at the lined yellow paper in front of her, trying to forget the words her partner scribbled on the last page. WheeIn cleared . “Why don't you tell me what happened? So I can get a better idea of what is going on.”

YongSun fiddled with her loose hair. “My father found out something about me today.” She started picking at the blanket. “My ex-boyfriend Eric, he found out about something in my past. Told me if I didn't continue to date him then he was going to tell my father.” She looked at WheeIn, sadness behind her big eyes. “I decided to call his bluff.” A small humourless laugh. “He wasn't bluffing.”

WheeIn was busy scribbling what she was saying onto her notepad. “And what was this horrible secret?” She realized she said it a bit too insensitive, one of her flaws as a detective. “Only if you want to share.” She quickly added. 

YongSun was not looking at her anymore, taking a great interest in the deep blue blanket in her lap. “That I dated a woman.” She said it so quiet that WheeIn almost didn't hear her.

She took down the note. “And he won't take it well?” She looked up.

YongSun locked eyes with her, looking a little bit angry. “Did you not hear what I said?” WheeIn was confused. “I said I dated a woman, of course he won't take that well, who would?” Her eyes were rimmed with tears.

WheeIn want to kick herself. She closed her notepad. “Sorry, because it doesn't matter to me I forget it matters to other people.” 

Now YongSun looked shocked. “That doesn't matter to you? It doesn't make you uncomfortable?” 

WheeIn felt her face heat up. “I..” Was she really going to admit this to a stranger? I mean Ceha did try to set her up, maybe she should trust her partner's skills. “I date women.” She blurted out, too embarrassed to look for her reaction. “So, no it doesn't make me uncomfortable.” She managed a shy glance up. There was an emotion behind YongSun's eyes she could not place. 

YongSun crossed her arms over her chest, fabric stretching a bit, WheeIn averted her gaze once again. “I didn't believe the detective when she said she knew more people like me, ones that were happy. That is why she was helping me.” 

WheeIn nodded. “She likes to help people with a lot of things.” She said remembering her message again. What was WheeIn supposed to do, jump her? WheeIn cleared again. “Well you are welcome to stay here until we figure it out. I don't know what my partner had in mind but I am sure we can work something out.” 

YongSun gave her a smile. A real one, that set WheeIn's heart racing. “I appreciate it.” 

WheeIn got up abruptly, before YongSun could touch her again. “Have a good night, I'll see you in the morning.” She turned and dashed for her room, closing the door tight behind her. She could almost hear her partner's voice in her head, calling her a coward.

WheeIn sat up in her bed. The lights in her room we're still on, it was only eight at night. She was a night owl. It was one of the things she had in common with Ceha. She continued to curse herself even more because she was now stuck in her room and she had not eaten dinner yet. She contemplated scaling the wall outside her window to go for food but she thought that was a bit over the top, well that and they were way too high up for her to safety make it down. She took her time searching Kim YongSun's name on her laptop. There was nothing much under the search, she found her social media accounts, scrolled through those a bit. She tried to tell herself that this was all research, detective work, but she knew she was just internet stalking the cute girl that was now staying at her place. 

WheeIn consider watching television, as a way to pass the time and forget about her hungry but she could think of nothing good to watch. So instead she lay on her bed, just staring at her ceiling, watching the fan above her spin.

A clatter in the other room peaked her attention. She sat up and listen for a second. Another clash came. WheeIn got up to investigate. She cracked her door a bit, light from her room blending with the still illuminated living room. YongSun was standing in her kitchen, reaching her arm up to try and grab something off the top shelf. 

WheeIn slipped into the room, watching her as she walked over, trying to see what she was grabbing for. “What are you doing?” She asked as YongSun grabbed a bowl.

WheeIn startled her, causing her to drop the bowl on the floor, it shattered into a bunch of pieces. Her hands flew to . “Oh my God, I am so sorry.” She bent down to start picking up the shards.

WheeIn quickly ran for the broom. “Don't touch it you'll…”

“Ouch.”

“Cut yourself.” She finished, dot of blood beginning to pool on the end of YongSun's index finger. “Run that under the water, I got this.” She said starting to sweep up the mess.

YongSun kept looking back from the sink. “I am so sorry.” She repeat. “I was hungry, all I could find was cereal.”

WheeIn deposited the shards in the garbage bin. “We usually don't keep a lot of food in the apartment.” She put the broom back and joined YongSun at the sink. “We're out a lot at odd hours, most food goes to waste.” 

“I'm sorry.” 

“Stop saying that.” WheeIn took hold of YongSun's hand, examining her finger. “I told you to help yourself and it is my fault you dropped the bowl.” The cut wasn't that bad. “Stay here.” WheeIn went into the bathroom and picked up the medical kit, bringing it back to the kitchen. 

She pulled out some ointment, reaching for YongSun's hand again. “Oh I can do…” WheeIn's look shut her up. She gently applied the ointment to the cut and place a happy cat bandage over it, she almost kissed it but thankfully did not. “Thank you.” She said taking her hand back. 

WheeIn quietly put all of her medical supplies back in the kit, closing it tight. “I was going to order noodles, do you want some?” 

YongSun excitedly grabbed onto her arm. “I love noodles!” WheeIn caught the end of her wide smile, trying not to smile herself.

She picked up her medical supplies and took a step back. “Great I'll go order some.” She casually fled the room.

They set up a small area on the floor with old newspapers. WheeIn was sitting cross legged and YongSun was resting with her legs stretched out to one side. It was so quiet all you could hear was the sauce in the noodles being stirred by chopsticks. “So…” YongSun finally broke the silence. “What made you want to be a detective?”

WheeIn watched her as she slurped up the noodles she had. Her lips looked soft. “I was always good a solving things.” She shrugged. “It kind of just happened by chance.” She took a large bite, wiping with the back of her hand before speaking again. “What do you do?” 

Now it was YongSun's turn to look shy. “I work an office job, nothing special.” She worked at a her Father's company but WheeIn wasn't going to admit she knew that. “How did you meet Ceha?”

“We both fought over a job, a crime at an art gallery.” She smiled in as she remembered. “We ended up working together instead, and found out that we made a good pair.” They surprisingly got along nicely. “Do you really think your father is going to care so much that you had to run away?” 

YongSun swallowed full. “I think he will care enough, I should be decent enough to leave before I embarrass him.” 

WheeIn shook her head, but she couldn't argue. “I think you should give him a chance. You may be surprised. Maybe you can call him in the morning.” 

YongSun brushed it off. “Are you seeing anyone?” WheeIn's face turned bright red at her boldness.

She tried not to look at her but her dark eyes were challenging her to not look away. “Not at the moment.” She tried to be casual. 

YongSun set her chopsticks down. “Would you consider dating me?” 

WheeIn felt her eyes widen, where was this all coming from? “I…” YongSun looked disappointed when she didn't answer right away. “Maybe.”

Her lips formed a pout. “Maybe? Why?”

Again WheeIn had no good answer. “Because I barely know you, we only met a few hours ago.” It seemed reasonable.

“Then get to know me.” She said it so slyly. YongSun scooted in a bit, hand caressing the side of WheeIn's arm. “I want to get to know you.” Who was this woman she let into her house. YongSun leaned in a bit, only to stop a few inches in. “I am going to kiss you.” She felt her breath on her lips. “Stop me of you don't want me to.” WheeIn braced herself for it. YongSun leaned in more, her lips brushed themselves across her own. It didn't last long, it was simple but it had her wanting to reach for more. “That wasn't so bad right?” WheeIn could hear the laugh behind the words.

WheeIn shook her head and YongSun laughed for real now. A light bubbly laugh that danced in her head. WheeIn reached in, grabbed her by her shoulders and kissed her again, deeper this time. When they pulled away WheeIn felt herself smiling, YongSun mirroring it. “We should finish the noodles before they swell.” She said glad for the excuse to have YongSun go back to the other side of the room.

YongSun moved back to her spot, still smiling. “I think I am going to like staying here.” WheeIn laughed at that, spitting some noodles out as she did. WheeIn was sure she was going to like having her here. 

They talked a bit more through dinner, and past dinner. Learning all they could about each other, from a safe distance of course. Now WheeIn laid on her bed again, now it was way past the early hours of the day. She knew she had to wake up early but she couldn't sleep. Her mind was spinning with so much information, so much to sort and think about. A smile play on her lips. She could still feel YongSun there. The mysterious girl from the phone call. The was one interesting night.

 

That's it. It was originally a oneshot, extend to a second part... Hopefully it was good