First.

magic.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Even in this modern day, magic will always wows everyone that ever encountered it. There is always a trick up their sleeve, but for this matter, nobody knew what is the manoeuvre behind it.

Minju walked around the hill, still doing her best to find her missing necklace that she dropped a few days ago. The necklace is a gift from her late mother and having it gone is the last thing Minju wanted it to happen.

The sun started to set down and Minju had spent almost 2 hours looking for it. She gave up for today. She marched down the hill and headed home.

“Woof!”, a dog barked as she reached her house gate. Minju looked at the dog and nodded, greeting it.

“Woof Woof!”, the dog barked twice, attempting to gain attention from the high schooler.

“What? What is it?”, Minju asked the dog, almost sound a bit upset.

Yeah, like it is going to say anything.

The dog ran a few strides away from her, biting into something and ran back towards Minju. It dropped a long silver hand-crafted necklace, with a small blue pendant attached to it. Minju picked up the necklace. The necklace that she had been searching for this past few days.

“Where did you found this?”, Minju asked as she picks the small beagle dog and embrace it gently.

“Woof!”, the dog replied to her. Minju giggled to herself. “Right! Woof you back! I’m treating you for dinner!”

.

.

“I’m sure Mum once made a pet tag with the same blue pendant as mine…”, she talked to herself. She opened the third drawer and scavenged for the pet tag. Her mother is always a fan of a pet, especially a dog. Due to her having allergy to animal’s fur, they never really got the chance to keep one.

She picked up a black strap with a blue tag attached on it. The strap is worn out and it could break into pieces any time. “Woof! Come here!”, Minju called for her companion for that night.

She showed the dog the pet tag. It doesn’t give any response and looked at Minju, with a numb looking face.

“Hey, you do not reject my mother’s item that way. I’m wearing it to you.”

Minju carefully placed the pet tag around the dog. Although she is unsure if the dog had an owner or not, she did not want to think of it. If the dog is a missing dog, she would give it back.

 

------------------

Minju rolled on her bed, hand reaching for the blazing alarm clock set on her smartphone.

“Good morning, Kim Minju.”, a voice talked to her. Yeah, morning my dearself.

“You have to go to school, Kim Minju.”, she heard herself talking again.

Minju finally opened her eyes, finding a very thin, slender girl was sitting on her bed.

“Who are you?”, rather than feeling freaked out, Minju is too sleepy to care about it.

“I’m Yuding. We finally meet.”, the mysterious creature responded. Minju ogled the girl from head to toe, having no idea who is this person that is sitting beneath of her. Her eyes stopped at the girl’s neck that is wrapped with a black strap with a blue pendant on it.

Minju couldn’t help but to blink a few times and rubbed her eyes several times. She averted her gaze to look into the girl’s eyes.

“I don’t want to be crazy but, you’re that dog, aren’t you?”

“True!”, the girl answered and gave her a round of clap.

“Okay… nice to meet you…”, Minju took a deep breath and get off her bed. She picked up a towel and made her way towards her bathroom. She still found the girl in the exact spot after her breakfast. Minju wore her shoes silently.

“What time will you be back today?”, the girl asked.

“Around 2, I guess?”, Minju answered, not sure of her current sanity. “Okay, I’ll wait for you to come back.”

.

.

Minju stood infront of her house gate. She couldn’t focus at all in school as her mind was occupied with the mystery of a dog/strange girl that is currently lurking in each area of her house. She pushed the front door open.

The girl is sitting on the couch, hugging her knees to her chest. “You’re back!”

“Yeah… I am home…”, Minju answered. She let out a big sigh. She took a seat next to the girl.

“So, hi Yuding? I’m just wondering, why are you here? Or… is there any explanation for this?”

“I am here as your companion. My Master said I have to take care of you.”

“Your Master? Who is your Master?”, Minju interrogated her more.

“Well, it might seems like I’m giving an excuse, but I don’t remember who is Master.”

Minju sighed again. “So….are you originally a human or a dog?”

“A human! At the age of 7, Master took me in and trained me to be a special officer.”

“You’re a police?” “No, a special officer.” “That’s a police then.” “I am a special officer!”

Minju grunted. “How old are you?”

The girl shrug her shoulder. “I don’t know. Ever since I became a dog, I lost track of time and everything.”

Minju closed her eyes, defeated. She gained nothing from this interrogation session. “Anyway, I’m going to the supermarket later.”

“Okay. Please be safe then.”, the girl told her. Minju raised her brows. “Aren’t you supposed to be my companion? You should come with me then.”

“Please let me borrow some of your clothes then.”. Minju snickered in disbelief. You had been wearing my clothes without even asking!

.

.

“Yuding!”, Minju called the taller girl and she came running with the trolley.

“Hey, do you have any human name? It feels weird calling a person with such a nickname.”

“Yuding is my name. Why do you want to change my name?”, the girl questioned in a higher voice.

Minju was taken aback. Never ever in her life someone would talk with that high pitch voice with her. “Okay, Yuding.”

“Hey, can you buy some meat? I’ve been craving for that for a long time.”

“Minju is my name. Not ‘hey’. Learn to have some manners and respect.”

Minju bumped into a person and they both fall down on the floor. Many eyes were looking at their way.

“Hey, watch where you’re going! Stupid girl!”, the man yelled at Minju. She stared at the man. Minju stood up and bowed her head, muttering sorry continuously.

“Your parents must be disappointed for raising a stupid girl like you.”

The taller girl glared at the older man. The older man glared back. “What are you looking at, idiot?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter