-♡-

Under One Umbrella
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a bit earlier, but happy 718♡

____

Hyukjae thought that day was bad.

No, let him start again.

Hyukjae was sure that day was absolutely ty.

Not only he overslept and now was so going to be late to work, not only he was late to the bus and the next one was going to come in 30 minutes or so – the minutes he hasn’t had – and not only he forgot his wallet and had no money on his credit card to pay via phone…

He also forgot to bring an umbrella on that ty day.

And so here he was, standing in the middle of the street and watching the bus he was supposed to be in driving away. He honestly didn’t know what to do: go back home and take a wallet? Go to the subway which wasn’t really close (he thankfully had his subway card with him)? Try to make it by walking?

No, that was insane. He’s been under the rain for 10 minutes only, and he was soaking. His suit was supposed to be nice and neat, yet now it was wet and messy, and his hair was totally ruined.

ty day. Literally ty. Maybe he could pretend sick and just go back home to curse all he wants?

The raven head seriously considered an idea, but then something unbelievable happened.

He got lucky.

Apparently you don’t understand, but Hyukjae never was lucky. Since school. Everyone had to go to a school trip on a beach? He got sick. Students fought for scholarship? He lacked one point to get it. He was about to get promotion at work? Someone else got it, even though he never gave up and tried his best. He just… wasn’t lucky.

That’s why it was strange when he noticed an umbrella above his head and someone asked, “Do you want to go together?”

Turning around, Hyukjae almost bumped into a person standing in front of him. A guy – quite handsome guy, to be honest – stepped back rather awkwardly and looked at him with wide eyes, as if it was Hyukjae who approached him all of a sudden.

“What?” the raven head asked, and the brunette in front of him literally gulped.

“Want to go together?” he pointed at himself. “With me? You don’t have an umbrella,” he pointed at orange umbrella with yellow flowers he was holding, “but I do. I can… go with you? So you won’t soak. Well, technically, you already did, but still.”

Hyukjae blinked. Only now he noticed the guy in front of him was wearing the brightest orange hoodie – same color with an umbrella he was holding – and white pants. And there was nothing wrong with it, literally nothing wrong, apart from one thing.

Who the wears white pants on a rainy day?

Apparently the guy noticed how Hyukjae was observing him from head to toes – the raven head admitted he apparently looked rather creepy, he himself wouldn’t want to talk to the person who’d do that – and smiled.

“It’s nice to wear something bright on such a grey day, don’t you think?” he asked.

Hyukjae could only nod, “If you say so. Well, actually… I’m already late, but I’d appreciate it if you could borrow me your umbrella, thank you.”

The brunette frowned.

“But I need an umbrella too,” he said.

Hyukjae blinked once. Twice. Thrice.

“I meant we will use it together.”

“Ah, yes, no problem!” the guy smiled again. “Where do you need to go?”

“Where are you going? I can adjust and…”

“Oh, don’t mind me, I’m just walking around, so we can go literally anywhere.”

He was just walking around? At 8 a.m.? On a rainy day?

Hyukjae, run, apparently that guy is crazy.

But he has an umbrella.

Well.

Apparently he could use his umbrella and then run.

The raven head told him the address of the building beside the one he was working in (he was quite paranoid and didn’t want him to know where exactly he worked), and the latter cheerfully announced the start of their journey.

Hyukjae realized he was screwed the moment that guy started talking. He simply couldn’t shut up. Now the raven head knew the guy’s name was Donghae, he was a freelancer, he adored rainy days and never missed an opportunity to walk under the rain – the rain made him inspired and happy. He loved all the bright colors, but his favorite was orange, he couldn’t eat spicy food, but didn’t like sweets either; he actually was a big fan of seafood. He loved healthy style of life and usually he was jogging every morning, he shared his favorite smoothie recipe and also told he loved dancing.

Hyukjae honestly had no idea what he needed that information for.

But Donghae talking wasn’t the worst thing that ever happened to him. Donghae asking questions was though. See, Hyukjae was quite introverted, plus he was a bit moody in the morning. He had to get up at 6 a.m. every day, who’d be happy? And so he wasn’t. He already had a bad day, he didn’t want to talk, he only wanted to make it to his work in time and to not get fired, but no.

He had to say he hated rainy days, but loved sunny days. His favorite color was grey, he hated seafood and loved it when the food was spicy and wasn’t against sweets. He never really loved all the healthy stuff, and he was a total opposite of Donghae, the only thing that was common is their love to dance. Nothing more. Incompatible. He expected the brunette to be sad about it, but he somehow got even more excited.

“You’re such an interesting person, Hyukjae!” the guy exclaimed, and Hyukjae honestly couldn’t understand whether it was sarcasm or not.

“Are you serious?”

“Yup! I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter