Chapter 5

Girl Next Door

Kyuhyun saw Hyeori on the sidewalk in front of her house. She was holding his doll while waved her hand to Kangin.
“Kyuhyun-ah, isn’t it your doll?” Donghae pointed on Hyeori.
“Keurae,” Kyuhyun answered briefly, still looking at Hyeori.
“Why she bring it with her? Did you give it to her?”
At the same time, his handphone vibrated, so he took his handphone, didn’t really pay attention on Donghae’s question. But Donghae interpreted it as ‘yes’.
“Hey, listen! Our magnae finally fall in love!” Donghae stood up and shouted.
While everybody surprised and talked about him, Kyuhyun was reading Hyeori’s message.
Annyeonghaseyo Kyuhyun-ssi….
I am going to return your doll, but I saw you all gone. So, I’ll just I keep this until you come back….
He had just finished reading Hyeori’s message when he noticed that it was very noisy. He looked up. Everybody was looking at him.
“Wae?” he asked innocently, didn’t understand what was happening.
“Ya Kyuhyun-ah, you are a backstabber!” Kangin grabbed his shoulder tightly.
“A—ah, Hyung! Its hurt!” he bent his brows. “Wae? I didn’t do anything!”
Kangin released Kyuhyun’s shoulder. “Kyuhyun-ah, do you really fall in love with Hyeori-ssi?” Sungmin asked directly.
“MWO?! Ani, ani, ani. We are just friends.”
“You gave your doll to her, right?” Eunhyuk appeared beside Sungmin.
“Ha?” ah, that big octopus! “Ani. Ani. I just—,” he couldn’t find the proper words.
“I just…?” Eunhyuk repeated his words.
“Aaaa…, it was~~ accident.” It was his final words.
“Mwoya?! What kind of reason is that?!”
“Aaakh! You are really a backstabber!”
All of sudden, it became chaos. They turned very noisy on the bus. The only person who knew—Ryeowook—was sleeping, he was really tired because of midnight broadcast he did on the previous night. Kyuhyun trapped between his Hyungs, he couldn’t explain what was happening between him and Hyeori.
♫♪♫
At the house….
“Eonni? What are you doing there?” Yoona appeared on the front stairs. She was drinking a can of cola. “Ah, what a cute octopus,” she commented.
“This one? Yeah, but unfortunately not mine.”
“So? To whom it belongs to?”
“Kyuhyun-ssi,” Hyeori answered calmly and briefly. Yoona brusted out the cola, make her coughed hardly.
“Yoona-ah! Gwaenchanhayo?” Hyeori immediately approached her.
“Aa, gwaenchanhayo, gwaenchanhayo….”
“Let me bring you some water, wait here,” said Hyeori while walked in and took a glass of water.
“Eonni, it was actually because of you. How could you say ‘Kyuhyun-ssi’ that easy?” she whispered, coughed again.
Not long after that, the workers came, and the project began. They started with the fence. It was hedgerow before, and Hyeori was going to change half of the right fence with wall. It more because of she wanted to make Japanese traditional garden, so the wall was like a background. Like usual Japanese garden, it usually circumed by white wall, but Hyeori would just change a part of the fence. It made the garden more unique—you could see different perspective if you looked at the different parts of the yard.
“Eonni, how is it?” asked Yoona while brought five glasses of juice.
“Ye, everything is fine. We have just begun with the wall,” Hyeori pointed to the workers. There are three workers that will help Hyeori to decorate the house—actually it should be two, but Mr Kim changed the plan.
“Is it okay if I help too?” Yoona put the glasses on the table.
“Ani ani. You better stay here. I don’t want something happen to you. This is all my responsibility. Ok?” said Hyeori while took the glass and tossed down the juice.
“But I can help you although only a little.”
“Ani, it is all man’s work.”
“Eonni is not a man either.”
“Ahahaha…. For now, I transform to a man.” She immediately continued her work.
She often did farming herself, so she also did the farming for the yard by herself. At the same time the workers did the construction for the wall. They had already measure the fence and fixed half of the right fence as planned. Yeah, maybe because of that addition of workers, the project would finish earlier. She smiled excitedly eventually the project had just begun a while ago.
From the front platform Yoona stared at her Eonni anxiously and sometimes looked down at her Japanese novel.
♫♪♫
At a hotel….
“Aaah…, I am really tired,” Kyuhyun sighed while opened his room. At the time, he shared room with Sungmin.
“Mwoya? We didn’t even begin,” Sungmin chuckled, put his things on one of two beds in the room.
“I played game until late last night. I need more sleep,” said Kyuhyun, immediately nestled down on the other bed.
“Ah, you should stop doing that. Hmm… maybe Donghae true if you should erase that game from your laptop.”
“Andwae! That is my soulmate,” he sat on his knees.
“Ahahahaha… it was just kidding,” Sungmin began put his things in the shelves. “Ah, Kyuhyun-ah. Is it true? About what was happening between you and Hyeori-ssi?”
“Mwo? Ah Hyung~~ don’t be like others. I fed up with that,” he sank his head in a pillow—felt embarrassing.
“Ahahaha, I just want to know what was exactly happened between you and her.”
He raised his head. “But Hyung, don’t ever tell this to others.” Kyuhyun had already shared room with Sungmin for more than 2 years, and they often talked to each other when got problem.
“Ok,” Sungmin nodded.
After that Kyuhyun told Sungmin about what had happened between him and Hyeori. Sungmin laughed really hard when Kyuhyun finished his story.
“Hyung~ stop it! That isn’t funny.”
“Ahahahaha… it’s really funny indeed,” he kept laughing. A few minutes had passed until finally Sungmin stopped laughing.
“Ah, my stomach hurt~~ Now I understand why you didn’t want to tell the others. But Kyuhyun-ah, seems like you two really compatible actually.”
“Mwo?! Don’t make it worse Hyung. We are just friends. She just moved not more than a week ago, how you could say like that?!”
“Yeah, but actually, that was enough time to know her better. She is a good girl I think, also her dongsaeng. Yoona-ssi even lent me her novel yesterday. Finally I met someone who knows Japanese well,” Sungmin said more to himself than to Kyuhyun.
“Ah, that’s why you say they are good girls,” Kyuhyun sighed. But he couldn’t tell Sungmin that he had already known Hyeori’s number. It would be worse if the other members knew.
He immediately took his handphone in order to erase Hyeori’s message—restrained worse possibility of that misunderstanding.
“Ah, another message,” he murmured, looked at his phone screen. It was from manager Kim.
Please tell the others to be ready. We will begin the rehearsal at 7 pm.
At the time, it was 6.30 pm. “Hyung, manager Kim said we have to be ready in 30 minutes.”
“Mwo? We will begin the rehearsal tonight?”
“Yeah. Maybe there is some changes of plan,” Kyuhyun sighed. Both of them cleared everything in a rush.
For 5 days after that, all of the members were busy with their concerts. They even didn’t talk about the gossip during that time. They had to be full concentrated to the concert. For them, make their fans satisfied with their concerts was the real happiness as an entertainer, and because of that, they always worked hard before they performed on stage. Sometimes felt really hard, but when they were together, everything felt better.
♫♪♫
At the house, 5 days later….
After for days madeover the right part of the yard, it finally finished on the 5th day. The wall had painted and the fishpond had finished. Hyeori even chose the stone base and materials by herself. She also made a traditional Japanese flume from bamboo that could bobed up and down. The flume connected to the cascade by a small water wheel that she made—with the workers and also Yoona.
“Eonni, it looks really beautiful. Jeongmal!” Yoona said excitedly. She had just finished helping Hyeori with the grass.
“Keuraeyo? I’m happy if you said that way. But it is just a little part of the yard. Next week we will fix the gate,” Hyeori answered, still planted the grass on the empty space of soil near the wall. The workers had gone because Hyeori said to. Actually she could ask them to help with the grass, but she did like to do it herself, felt more satisfied.
“Next week? Why don’t we just do it tomorrow?”
“I still have to report this one to Mr Kim. He also said to me not to hurry, there is still much time to finish all. Moreover, I think we don’t need to do anything to the house, it is already like what I want, so I have more time to fix the yard,” she explained while still planted the grass along the wall.
There were black upper tiles on the wall. And because the land was sloped slightly, so the wall made like stairs.
“Ah, arraseo…. Did Eonni finish all of the design?”
“Aniyo, but almost. Some of them still need more detail in some parts. I still think about the tree house—that is the most difficult part.”
“Tree house? Jinjjarayo?” Yoona sounded excited.
“Ne. I’ve said to you before, right?” she smiled.
“Kyaaa, I believe it will be really great.”
“I also impatient to start to make it,” she smiled again, imagined the tree house.
Without saying anything more, they continued planted the grass until all of the empty parts of the soil covered with grass. When they finished, it was already 5 pm. They immediately took a bath before had dinner. Since SuJu went to had concerts, they couldn’t hear noise from the dormitory. However, in some cases both Hyeori and Yoona missed the noise.
“Eonni, have you listened to SuJu’s songs?” Yoona asked Hyeori while they had dinner.
Hyeori shook her head still chewing her meal. “Wae?”
“You have to listen to its. Their songs are really great. Ah, I think they have TV program now,” she winded her eyes.
Ah, for addition, after Yoona complained about having TV, Mr Kim suddenly sent them a TV. But neither Hyeori nor Yoona asked about it to him. Both of them didn’t have any idea from where he knew about what they need. But Hyeori didn’t have courage to asked Mr Kim. She thought that Mr Kim was little scary and mysterious.
“Let’s move!” Yoona said while took her meals to the parlour where the TV was placed.
“Ya, Yoona-ah!” Hyeori yelled. She walked slowly, brought her own meals.
“Ah, it’s already started.”
“So, what kind of program is that?” Hyeori asked while sat on the nearest sofa.
“It is just a TV show, but they always sing there,” Yoona explained, still continued eating.
Axactly like what did Yoona say to Hyeori, a moment later SuJu sang a song.

Ajikggaji mothaejun geumal moki meyeo sikeunhan geumal nuguboda saranghae ojik neowa na nannana nannana nanna
I sungani haengbokhae jeongmal naege waseo gomawo jeongmal nareul da julhan saram ojik neowa na nannana nannana baro neo

“Wah, they look really different from their real life,” Hyeori commented in the middle of the show.
“But they are really cool.”
Insensibly, Hyeori chuckled. She remembered about what was happening between them on the other days before. They changed much when they were on stage or in front of public. Yeah, that was what they had to do as a public figure.
“Yeah, I admitted that their song is great. Even I don’t really understand the meaning, but it feels deep,” Hyeori finally said.
♫♪♫
The following day, in SuJu’s dorm….
Ryeowook woke up the first in his room—it was 8 am. As usual, he then woke Donghae, Sungmin, and also Kyuhyun. But of course, Sungmin and Donghae couldn’t easily wake up. Donghae sometimes easy to wake up—depended on his mood.
“Kyuhyun-ah, wake up!” Ryeowook shook Kyuhyun’s body.
Slowly but sure, Kyuhyun woke up. He sat on his knees while his eyes still closed.
“Kyuhyun-ah, wake up!” once again Ryeowook shook Kyuhyun’s body, harder.
“Ah, arraseo arraseo,” he forced his eyes to open. “What time is it?”
“It’s 8 am. Kkaeja!”
Both of them went downstair to the kitchen. Some members busy woke the other members. Once again they went the same rounds; woke the members, cooked, and talked about their daily schedules.
“Who doesn’t have any schedule today?” Eeteuk as the leader started the conversation. Although they had just come after they had their concert at the previous night, but they were really busy. Evenmore, they had just released their newest album.
Some members raised their hands.
“I have, but tonight,” Kyuhyun answered while still chewing his meal.
“Me too,” some other replied.
At the end, they found that Kyuhyun, Sungmin, Donghae, Ryeowook—who were in a same room, and Yesung only had schedule at the evening. Since they didn’t in to acting and broadcast like others, they had fewer schedules. It was also because they still entered university.
“I think I know why we always in a same room Hyung,” Kyuhyun said to Sungmin while reading a novel. The other members who had schedules had gone a while ago.
“Wae?” Sungmin answered beside him, reading Yoona’s Japanese novel.
“Because we don’t have many schedules like others.”
“Ahahaha…. But sometimes it’s good for us. We have more times to practice before we perform. And of course, more relax compare to others.”
“Yeah. At least I can play game more often, hehehe….”
Sungmin just chuckled and continued reading the novel that had been read for days. Not long after that he finished reading the novel. Actually, the novel wasn’t really hard to understand. It indeed addressed for beginners.
“Ah Kyuhyun-ah, we are in charge to buy foods, aren’t we?”
Kyuhyun winded his eyes, tried to remember. “Yeah. Wae?”
“Good. Let’s go now!” he pushed Kyuhyun’s back.
“Chamkkan, chamkkan. Hyung!”
“I want to return this novel also to Yoona-ssi. Better we go now,” he answered excitedly. At the time, Donghae, Ryeowook, and Yesung were practicing in rehearsal room. That night they would perform on a TV station—actually with all of SuJu members, but Kyuhyun and Sungmin usually practiced together whenever they wanted.
Both of them changed their outfits.
“Do you want to go out?” Ryeowook asked.
“Yeah. Wae? Is that anything you want?” Sungmin answered.
“Mmm, I need a DVD room. Can you buy it for me, Hyung?”
“Ok.”
“Ah, thanks…,” he passed by, went back to rehearsal room on the first floor. He did like to compose music, and often did that during his spare time.
After that Kyuhyun and Sungmin walked together to Hyeori’s house—it was 10 am. Sungmin over excited to borrow another novel from Yoona.
“Ah, I think that wall wasn’t there before,” Kyuhyun said anxiously, pointed on the white wall.
“Keurae,” Sungmin answered briefly. He didn’t know either when that wall fence built.
“Did she make it herself?” Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin.
“I don’t know either. Why don’t we just ask? I think we have enough reason to visit them,” Sungmin walked toward the house’s gate. Kyuhyun just shurged his shoulder and followed after Sungmin.
“Ah, the gate has been opened,” Kyuhyun whispered, seeing the gate.
“Sillyehamnida…!” both of them said together while opened the gate wider.
At the same time, Hyeori who was cutting scrub near the gate on a folding ladder looked at the gate. She startled seeing Kyuhyun and Sungmin were there and lost her balance.
“Aaaa,” she fell down—closed her eyes. GUBRAK!! The ladder also fell above her body.
Both Kyuhyun and Sungmin looked around, searching from where the voice came.
“Hyeori-ssi!!” Kyuhyun finally saw Hyeori. She lied down on the ground, under the ladder. Kyuhyun immediately ran toward her while Sungmin followed behind.
♫♪♫
to be continued….