Chapter 4

Girl Next Door

 

Hyeori turned her head toward Kyuhyun. “Ah Kyuhyun-ssi,” she flustered to began. “Can you help me?” finally she said.
“Eee, sure. What is it?”
“I have to go now, and I want to entrust my key house to you. Yoona isn’t around, and she will be back at 6 pm. I have called her to take the key here,” she explained. Mr Kim had just called her to come to his office to talk about the project, and his driver would arrive in 10 minutes.
“Ok, I can manage. But I will not around at 5 pm, is it okay if I give to other members?”
“No problem, as far as it still with you. Thank you so much, I have to go,” she gave the key and a small paper. “This is my number, call me if something happen. Kamsahamnida…,” and immediately ran back to the house.
“Aa!” she stopped suddenly at the gate, almost hit a car which was just turned enter the dorm yard. She just bowed, apologized and passed by—Kyuhyun even didn’t get chance to ask her whether she was fine or not.
“Ah, that girl…,” he sighed.
Sungmin, Kangin, Kibum, and Hankyung had just arrived. Sungmin was the first person who asked.
“Kyuhyun-ah, is that Hyeori-ssi which was almost hit our car?”
“Ne. She was in a hurry,” Kyuhyun explained.
“What did she do here?” Hankyung asked while walked toward Kyuhyun, Kangin followed behind. Kibum just passed by, too tired to join the conversation, he also not really knew Hyeori—never talked with her.
“She said she had to go, and she entrust her key house to us.”
“Wae? She will not go back?” Kangin stood beside Sungmin.
“Ani, ani. She just had to go somewhere. Yoona-ssi—her dongsaeng—is not around, but she will be back at 6 pm. So she entrusted this for Yoona-ssi,” he explained, walked in.
“Ah, arraseo…. She must be really busy,” Sungmin commented, walked after Kyuhyun. While Kangin walked to his own room.
“But Hyung, can you keep it? I have schedule at 5 pm, so I cannot give this to Yoona-ssi,” He handed over it to Sungmin.
“No problem. I don’t have schedule tonight,” Sungmin said while sat on the nearest sofa.
Kyuhyun was about to leave when he suddenly remembered. “Ah Hyung, you have to know something,” he looked excited—had forgot that he wanted to play game again. “Hyeori-ssi is really good at playing drum. You have to talk with her sometimes.” He sat beside Sungmin.
“Wow, jinjja? Waaah…. Ah, you make me wanna play too,” he excited.
“Ahahaha. We heard she played drum all day, when Hyung wasn’t here. Aah, she makes me jealous; I want to learn to play it.”
“Why not?”
“I’m not Hyung. I can’t play many instruments, I just can play guitar—2 songs, a little piano, and clarinet—but still amateur even after years practiced.”
“Kyuhyun-ah, I know what you should do to improve yourself. You have to concentrate harder to those things. I have helped you a while ago.” Donghae suddenly appeared on the stairs.
“Eottaeyo?”
“You became crazy these days, so I think your concentration will be better if I erase your game,” Donghae said calmly.
“AAAAKH!! ANDWAE! What have you done?!” he immediately ran toward Donghae. Donghae laughed really hard, running away.
“Ya! Don’t make noise!!” Hankyung yelled from kitchen. Sungmin just laughed seeing his dongsaengs fooling around, and then walked toward Hankyung, helped.
♫♪♫
Yoona hesitated to enter SuJu’s dorm; she walked back to the house. Hyeori had warned her not to call before she did. She was in a really important meeting with Mr Kim. At the time, sun had sunk. The only light came from street light.
“Aigo, jinjja. I can’t just sit here until Hyeori Eonni comes back,” she murmured.
She stood up walked toward the gate, but still hesitated.
“Yoona-ssi?” someone asked in Korean language.
Yoona looked up. It was Sungmin in front of her. “Sungmin~ Oppa?”
“Ah, I was questioning, why no one come whereas it’s already 6.30 pm,” Sungmin came closer.
Yoona kept silent, didn’t understand what Sungmin was talking about.
“I just want to give this to you,” he showed the key on his hand. “Kyuhyun entrusted this to me. So, it became my responsibility.”
“Ah! Kamsahamnida,” accepted the key, understood.
“Aaah!” he shouted suddenly—make Yoona startled. “Is that Japanese novel in your hand?” Sungmin asked excitedly.
Yoona looked down at her novel, “Yeah, I have just taken it from my home. Waeyo?”
“So, you can speak Japanese? Wow, it is really great,” he commented, still excited. He had been years studied, but hadn’t got many chances to practice a lot.
“Aniyo, I still studied. I just think that maybe I can improve a lot by reading books.”
“Wah, I didn’t practice a lot, since we are really busy these days.”
“Ah, do you want to borrow mine?”
“Jinjja? You want to lend me?” Sungmin looked more excited.
“Ne. I bring some. Ah, why we stand here?!” realized that they still stood on the yard. “Oppa, I think we better come in, if you don’t mind.” She walked in. As soon as she turned the light, the yard looked brighter.
Slowly, Sungmin walked closer to the house. “I’ll be here,” Sungmin said while sat on a chair on the front platform. Felt uncomfortable to come in, moreover because Yoona was alone at the time.
In a few minutes Yoona came back with two cans of juice in her hands.
“Oppa, sorry for make you wait,” she gave one of them to Sungmin.
“Ah, gomawoyo~~,” he accepted.
“Here are the books. I just bring 3 books here. If Oppa want to borrow, just take. I’ve read all of them,” Yoona said while showed the books. She felt really pleasant, could do something for her idol. But she actually didn’t really like Sungmin. In her mind, Sungmin was too girly for boy. Even so, she still felt really happy—until she wanted to scream at the time.
“Wah, thank you. But I’ll just take one. If I finish, I’ll give this back to you,” he looked really happy holding the book in his hands.
He was about to leave when someone shouted, “YA, SUNGMIN-AH! HURRY AND HELP ME!” it was Hankyung who shouted from Kyuhyun’s room. That was the only room that had access to see Hyeori’s house clearly.
“AH, HYUNG! ARRASEO, ARRASEO,” he replied, still shouted. Since Ryeowook was not around, he was the one that could help Hankyung to cook. “Sorry for making noise. Thanks for the book. See you~~,” he gone.
♫♪♫
When Hyeori finally came, it was already 11 pm and she felt tired. Yoona had already fallen asleep at the time. Unfortunately, although she really wanted to sleep she had to finish her design a little more. So she went to the kitchen, made a cup of cappuccino. She walked slowly in order not to wake Yoona. Her paper tube felt heavy on her shoulder, her feet sick because of flat shoes, and she had to work hard for some more hours.
She immediately turned the light on when she entered her own room, took off her things and put her cappuccino on the table.
“Aaah, today is really tiring,” she sighed, layed down on her bed.
Even only in a minute, she almost fell asleep. But she got up again, and then went to the bathroom to wash her face.  It was little cold because autumn had almost come. But felt not really cold because the floor was made by wood.
Hyeori immediately took her paper tube, opened it and started to draw again on her design table. For an architect, there was one special table made for them, and everyone must have it. So, before Hyeori came to the house, Mr Kim had already put the table there for her.
It was already 1.30 am when she finally finished. She worked for more than 2 hours. During that time, she already drank 3 cups of cappuccino, and because of it she felt sleepless instead of sleepy.
“Ah, I have to write a letter,” she stood and took some papers from her table. She was about to write on the table when she got an idea. She wanted to write outside. Sometimes it succeeded to make her felt sleepy.
So she shifted the curtain widely, slided the door, and went out. She stopped, looked down at her blanket and a doll—a big octopus—she never knew. She smiled seeing the doll.
“Ah, this must be belongs to Kyuhyun-ssi. I must return it tomorrow,” she murmured, took the doll, and sat on the blanket just like she did at the previous night.
♫♪♫
Kyuhyun entered his room slowly. He just had finished his midnight broadcast on a radio station together with Ryeowook and Yesung—they all were grouped as Super Junior KRY. Sungmin and Donghae had already fallen asleep at the time.
“Kyuhyun-ah, I’ll go sleep first. I’m really tired. Turn off the light if you have finished,” Ryeowook said while layed down on his own bed. He really comprehended toward Kyuhyun. He knew well that even in really tired condition, Kyuhyun would still play game before went to sleep.
“Arraseo. I’ll play for only an hour—maybe,” he said without looked at Ryeowook.
“Don’t sleep too late. Tomorrow we will be really busy. Arraseo?” Ryeowook continued, didn’t believe to what Kyuhyun was said. He looked more like Kyuhyun’s Umma when he did that.
“I’ll not.”
But when he said, he even wasn’t sure. He just shrugged his shoulder and put his things on his bed. Then he shifted the curtain—something he usually did—and suddenly stopped. He saw Hyeori on her own platform, writing something while grabed his doll that he threw at her on the previous night, then closed the curtain immediately.
“What is she doing there? Does she want to sleep outside again?” he burbled. Actually Kyuhyun was a care person, although he seemed very cool and mousy. He always cared about others in his own way, like he did at the time toward Hyeori.
He hesitated to open the window and shouted to her. It was impossible to do at 1.30 am in the morning. Then he remembered that Hyeori gave him a number that evening. He immediately took the paper that Hyeori gave him in his shelf. He started typing the number, but suddenly felt nervous. He erased it.
“But, how if she fall asleep there?” he whispered, then typed again—a short message.
Annyeonghaseyo, this is Kyuhyun.
What are you doing out there? It must be really cold if you sleep there.
Then for a few second he hesitated, but finally pressed ‘send’ button.
♫♪♫
Hyeori was really anthusiastic writing her letter when her handphone vibrated beside her. It sounded loud considering that the floor was made from wood. She took her handphone, felt anxious. Who had sent her a message that late? She looked at her handphone, unknown number. Then she opened it.
Annyeonghaseyo, this is Kyuhyun.
What are you doing out there? It must be really cold if you sleep there.
It was from Kyuhyun. She remembered, she gave him her number last time they met. Then she looked at SuJu’s dorm. She caught a light came from Kyuhyun’s room, but didn’t see him. Yeah, he must be awake. She smiled. “What a really care person,” then typed a message and sent it.
Annyeonghaseyo Kyuhyun-ssi….
Don’t worry, I will not sleep here. I just come to get some fresh air—cannot sleep. Thank you for have remained me 
A few minutes later her handphone vibrated again.
It’s nothing, I just accidently see you there.
“Ah,” she chuckled, “he must be lie,” she smiled again, and then typed a reply.
You must be playing game now, right? Ah, I forget to return your doll, mianhaeyo….
It’s okay, we are neighbor remember? You can return it whenever you can.
Hyeori looked at her watch, almost 2 am. She had to sleep because she would be really busy on the next day.
Kyuhyun-ssi, I am going now. Thanks once again. Sleep well… 
She stood up. She took her blanket and Kyuhyun’s doll and walked in.
♫♪♫
From the dormitory, Kyuhyun shifted the curtain a little, looked over the window to see Hyeori when she walked in. She slided the door and closed the curtain. Not long after that, her room turned dark.
Kyuhyun smiled. “Jal jayo…,” he whispered. Then he started playing game.
♫♪♫
The next day….
“Eonni!” Yoona shouted from her room. Hyeori was preparing their breakfast at the kitchen.
“Ne. I’m here,” she replied calmly. Something must have happened on the previous day because Yoona seemed really happy. Although it was just 5 days ago they met, but both Hyeori and Yoona had become really close, as real siblings. Since Hyeori didn’t have any sibling, she treated Yoona as her real yeodongsaeng.
“Eonni, Eonni, you have to know something,” she said excitedly while ran downstair.
“Yoona-ah, don’t run. You make this house trembling.”
“Ah, mianhaeyo. But Eonni, yesterday Sungmin Oppa came to our house!”
“Jinjja? For what—can you take some eggs there?”
“He brought the key for me. Kyuhyun Oppa wasn’t around at the time, he said,” Yoona explained while took some eggs from refrigerator.
“Then?”
“He borrowed my Japanese novel. He really excited—so cute.” She gave the eggs to Hyeori.
“How comes a man become cute?” Hyeori said while broke the eggshell.
“But he really cute….”
“Yeah, I don’t really pay attention to him—not know which one is he actually. There are too many people there,” she mixed the eggs.
“Ah Eonni. They are easy to differenciate.”
“Yeah, you can say like that because you are their fan. I just know Kyuhyun-ssi and Donghae-ssi. Hmmm, I know Kangin-ssi, Ryeowook-ssi, and Eunhyuk-ssi also.”
“Ah, Eonni must be like Kyuhyun-ssi the most. Am I right?”
“I like everyone.” She remembered what happened on the previous night and smiled.
“Ok, from now on, I’ll make Eonni become their fan too.”
“No! I don’t want to be crazy over them just like all of their fans. My lectures are more important for now.”
“At least Eonni has to know them one by one since they are our neighbors now,” she took a plate.
“Arraseo. But if I become use to with them, I’ll remember their name well by itself—ah, here is our breakfast!”
“Eonni, today we will begin the project, right?” they both sat in dining room.
“Ne, it will begin at 9 am. Mr Kim said that everything is ready—itadakimasu!” then they started to eat.
“Ah, Eonni, why we don’t have TV? Although this is more like traditional house, but we still need it here,” Yoona complained. There were many TV programs that she wanted to watch. Even more, SuJu was really often appeared on TV those days since they became more popular.
“Wae? Is that really a problem?” Hyeori asked calmly. She had used to live without TV. But because of that, she didn’t know much about the world those days—like how popular SuJu actually.
“Yeah, a little.”
“Ah let me guess. It is because of them right?” she pointed to SuJu’s dorm. Yoona nodded. “Mwoya? You can see them everyday.”
“It’s different…,” Yoona continued complaining.
“Ok, which one you choose, be able to see them everyday, talk to them, play with them, and visit their dorm, or just sit at home, watch them everyday but cannot meet them?”
Yoona winded her eyes, “Both of them.” She smiled and continued eating her breakfast. Hyeori just shook her head, didn’t give any comment, and continued eating.
♫♪♫
“WAKE UP!!!” Siwon’s voice could be heard all over the dorm. He was in charge to wake the members, while Hankyung and Ryeowook prepare their breakfast. Sometimes it was hard prepare for 13 people, but manager Kim always came give much more food.
“Siwon-ah, I think you better wake Eeteuk first before the other members—moreover Sungmin,” Hankyung give suggestion since no one walked out from their room.
“Arraseo,” he nodded.
“Hyung, why we always get same difficulties every morning?” Ryeowook started the corversation.
“Ahahahaha, what do you mean?”
“Why they don’t wake up by themselves and much better if they can help us,” he said with grim visaged while still sliced carrot.
“Ahahaha…. Yeah, but we cannot change our habit instantly—ah, put it here.”
They continued cooking. Not long after that manager Kim came bring some more food.
“Is everybody ready? We have to go in 1 hour,” he walked to dining room.
Some members have already woken up, washed their face and brushed their teeth. But as usual, Sungmin, Shindong, Donghae, and Kangin were really difficult to wake up. Need much patience and energy to wake them up.
“Ah Hyung, I give up,” Siwon sighed beside Eeteuk.
“Ok. Yeoreobun, let’s move on!” Eeteuk said to all the members. They took a glass of water from bathroom and entered Sungmin’s room and Shindong’s room—both Shindong and Kangin were there.
As soon as they poured the water on them, chaos began. They all shouted from room to room, very noisy. Really, it seemed really childish. They fooled around, teased, and messed everything around them.
“YA! Can’t you all just sit and eat? We almost late!” manager Kim shouted from dining room. He had become use to with that kind of situation.
♫♪♫
“Actually, what is happening there? It’s really noisy,” Hyeori asked to no one while washed the dishes. She could hear their voices from the kitchen which was on the middle of the house.
“I don’t know either. They are more like children rather than SuJu.”
“Ahahaha…. Sometimes, even old people will act like a child when they want. It’s normal actually. But jinjja, they are noisy.” They continued washing the dishes.
It was 8.30 am when Hyeori walked out from the house. She was going to returned Kyuhyun’s doll. At the moment, Yoona was cleaning her own room.
“He must have woken up,” she whispered to herself, smiled looking at a big octopus in her hands.
She reached the gate and opened it. But at the same time, all of SuJu members passed by. She looked up and saw Kyuhyun was there, on the bus.
“Ah, Kyuhyun-ssi,” she hesitated to shout. But the other members saw her.
“Hyeori-ssi! Dasi bwayo!!” Kangin opened the bus window and shouted toward her. He waved his hand. The other members just looked at her with smiled and waved their hand too.
“Ah, see you,” she insensibly whispered and waved her hand. In a minute, they had disappeared in the crowd.
“If they all gone, when I will returned this?” she murmured to herself while looked at the big octopus with a cute smile. Then she took her handphone, typed a message to Kyuhyun.
♫♪♫
to be continued….