Chapter 3

Silhouette

It didn’t take long for the wolf to notice something was amiss in her surroundings. 

 

“Anyone there?” The wolf took a step back cautiously.

 

The startled butterfly didn’t know her presence was so easily felt so she quickly hid below the tummy of the wolf to avoid being eaten. She was praying it would soon be over quickly when she felt a pair of celestial blue eyes staring down at her in a funny way.

 

“I won’t eat you. Just tell me why you’re hiding in such a weird place.” The wolf took a step aside to allow the butterfly to reveal herself before she notices something strange about it herself. 

 

The outer layer of the butterfly was covered with forest-green crystals, with each aerial movement showcasing a different gradient of lighting on the butterfly herself. The wolf took a deep breath to awe at the special sight in front of her.

 

“Uhm… If you stare at me so intensely, I don’t think I’ll be able to survive through the night.” The butterfly quickly tucked herself into the fur at the back of the wolf. 

 

“Ah, sorry..” The wolf couldn’t bring herself to tell how beautiful the butterfly was, so she allowed the other animal to stay on her until both of them are comfortable with each other.