Chapter 02

Incognizant
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tao hadn’t realized that succumbing to his guilty conscience and treating Hayan to coffee once was practically an indirect invitation for the pink haired girl to drop by his cubicle every day at 4:00 PM.

 

Hayan had declared herself Tao's best friend at work — not that the Chinese man had many friends in the workplace. He was quiet but talented and his colleagues were happy with leaving him to his own tools as long as he finished his assigned tasks on time.

 

It was at 4:10 PM on a Thursday afternoon that Hayan, as per usual, sauntered into the IT Department. She grabbed an empty chair from one of the conference rooms and brought it to Tao’s cubicle, flopping into it with a tired sigh.

 

“I’m so exhausted,” she moaned.

 

Tao didn’t look away from his computer screen.

 

The pink haired girl continued, undeterred by his lack of response, “I’m so glad it’s almost the weekend. Do you have any plans, Tao?”

 

“No,” he replied shortly.

 

“Oh, well that ,” Hayan replied.

 

The two sat in silence for ten minutes, though Tao could tell how restless Hayan was since she kept fidgeting in her seat.

 

He had come to realize the girl was just a bundle of energy with close to no patience.

 

Just as Tao decided he had finished his tasks for the day and could afford to get out of work 30 minutes early, there was a knock on the office door.

 

Tao turned to it curiously as a man popped his head in.

 

The only people in the office at the moment were Tao, Hayan and one of the Help Desk Analysts who had been working silently in his cubicle since lunch break.

 

He straightened up now with wide eyes though.

 

“S-Sir,” he stuttered, rushing to the man at the door.

 

Hayan and Tao watched curiously as the IT employee talked to the man dressed in an immaculate suit.

 

The man was tall and handsome with an easy going smile. Hayan thought he looked vaguely familiar, but she couldn’t recall where she’d seen him before.

 

“I’ll get it done right away,” the Help Desk Analyst promised the man, accepting a laptop from him.

 

The man nodded, watching the employee scuttle to his desk. His eyes then fell on the two interns that were still watching him with interest.

 

“Hello,” he grinned, striding up to them.

 

Hayan blushed, embarrassed at being cau

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter