Let's Talk About 'C'

The Plot Twist
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"I told you." Youngbae glared at Jiyong as the other guy cuffed him.

"It feels weird." Jiyong grinned, putting his hands up and pointing at the cuffs. "I can't believe I'm getting arrested."

Youngbae rolled his eyes at his grin.

"You are the only Kwon who got arrested, I can't believe you." He said but sighed after seeing Jiyong looking at the cuffs like they were so awesome and turned at the two guards.

"You are really taking him to the Area C? What if they kill him in there?"

Guards kept looking at him, they were not allowed to talk anyway.

"They can't kill me! I'm gonna kill them!" Jiyong moved his cuffed hands like a kid and it caused Youngbae to judge him hard with his eyes.

"3 months." He looked at Jiyong, meaning at the thing they didn't say loud but only they both knew. "Good luck." He patted on his back and Jiyong smiled before walking with the guards.Youngbae was looking at his back sadly until Jiyong turned at him again.

"I'm really arrested, Bae!"

"Oh Jesus--" Youngbae rolled his eyes before shutting the door.He walked towards the window and stood there until the guards put Jiyong in a car and ride away.Actually he didn't like this plan but Jiyong was the most stubborn ever and Youngbae also knew this was their only chance.The things about Area C was obviously made up and they both needed to learn the truth after they took Daesung to there.

"God please.." Youngbae put his hands together and looked up. "---don't let him get himself killed, please." He mumbled, knowing Jiyong wouldn't stay quiet in there.They were childhood friends since they were both borned in Area X and Jiyong being the weirdest boy around made Youngbae pick him as a friend.Because other boys were usually boring.They all had a chance to live in there because of their parents, the surnames.Youngbae's parents were the ones who built this place, Jiyong's mother was the scientist who found a cure for the disease which was about to destroy them all, Seunghyun's parents were the ones who built that huge building Youngbae was staring at from his apartment.That building was the only thing that mattered, because including every areas, only that building had women in it.

They said it had 500 women in it but since Youngbae hacked their system a long time ago, he knew they only had 300 women in there.

Having very less women despite men wasn't the problem, it was worse back then but Jiyong's mother really found the cure when they began to lose more than 50 women in a day.It could be legendary if it would last long, but it didn't.The disease started again, this time taking his mother first and getting even worse than the first time.They couldn't even save one woman, every of them was dying and knowing they had 300 women in that building wasn't also helping.Because when the amount of their numbers decreased in a dangerous speed, the heads of their area quickly took all the young women into that building.There were thousands women in there, the plan was keeping them safe until they discover what was causing this disease because it didn't effect men, it was only taking the women away.And that plan changed quickly when months later they still had no cure, no explanation, nothing but only having less amount of women in the building.Their other plan was getting them pregnant and keeping them alive until the birth, this way even if they would lose the mother they could have the daughter.But then another problem appeared, none of them gave birth to girls.After some point it felt like the women kind was getting erased just like that, because not even one of the women gave birth to a girl and it was getting even more dangerous.Youngbae knew everything, he could even hack their souls and he learnt that the government didn't really give a about women.They did at first, they tried everything but after some point it also started to threat them because they needed women, otherwise they were also going to get erased.

It wasn't a nice ending, Youngbae had to agree.

Until this part of the story their only worry was this disease, because the people in Area X was the most responsible place for this.They had all the scientists, doctors, engineers, they had every important and useful person.But none of them could do any and it was such a surprise when they took Daesung one day.He was an important doctor just like every member of his family and they knew Daesung would be the last person who would do something wrong.But they said he tried to access some well-protected information and took him to the Area C like that.There were only three areas, the best one was Area X cause it only had influential people, Area B had all the workers, things were pretty normal in there.But the Area C was somewhere they both didn't go before and it was funny since Daesung was the first person to go there.They always thought it would be Jiyong since he never shut his mouth but Jiyong always had Youngbae cleaning his , well, until now.That area was like the dumpster of the city, all the useless and harmful guys were thrown in there cause they already had to deal with the disease before they lose the last woman, they couldn't spend time on people like that.Usually they took people from Area B to send there but sometimes it happened in Area X too, when someone tried to cross the line or made a mistake, they would also send them there.But it wasn't the same with Area B's people, they would be sent there like a quick punishment, for few months and then they could come back to Area X.Because they were already in a bad state and they didn't want to punish or kill the useful people for little reasons like that.Because of that reason Daesung was going to stay in there for 3 months, and Jiyong's was also going to stay with him.They quickly wanted to make a plan to not let Daesung alone in there but it was impossible for Youngbae to get arrested, he was a computer engineer and if his hacking hobby would come out they wouldn't just throw him away for months.So it had to be Jiyong even though Youngbae didn't like it.

"This is it? It doesn't look that bad, seriously I thought--" Jiyong was smiling as they took off his cuffs but when they heard a gunshot he quickly leaned down.

"Wow!" He chuckled excitedly, biting his lip as he stood up again.He never actually heard a gunshot before, it was always so peaceful in their area.

"Do they have guns?" He asked with sparkly eyes but the guards kept being silent just like they've been all the way, they left him there before driving away and Jiyong smiled as the gates closed.

"I'm ing arrested---mom---" He looked up while walking. "--you would be proud of me." He smiled, grabbing his backpack and walking closer to the small houses.There were no guards, nobody he could ask Daesung or anyone.They just left them by themselves in there and it was pretty exciting, not for Youngbae, for Jiyong.

"If I was Daesungie.." he stopped, looking at the old and pretty damaged buildings as he tried to find Daesung. "--I would go to..--" He smiled, walking closer to a man who walked out of a small house. "---Excuse me----hey!" He smiled, waving at the old guy. "--I'm the new convict." He said with a bright smile, pretty proud.

The old guy rubbed his hand on his dirty t-shirt, took his cigarette out of his mouth as he looked at Jiyong.

"Are you high?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Do you guys---have that kind of things?" Jiyong quickly asked, his eyes getting bigger as he walked closer to the old guy but decided to stay like that after he felt his scent.

"Actually---I was looking for the doctor, they took him here yesterday.Did you see him?" He asked after he realized the guy wasn't going to answer his question.

"The doctor?" He looked at him before pointing at somewhere. "He was looking at the dogs, they are being so loud lately." He said with a displeased expression and Jiyong nodded before walking to the place he pointed at, he wondered how long that guy was staying in there cause he really seemed like out of this world.

He kept seeing guys on his way but nobody was really interested, they didn't even care if someone new came or not, they seemed like they gave zero s about gunshots.

"Hey, did you see--" Jiyong was about to ask someone else but he furrowed his eyebrows when the boy made some moves with his hand.

"What?--I don't understand." He said but young boy kept moving his hand, he was about to ask again when the gunshots came closer.

"Get in----get in!" Jiyong leaned down as he ran to the boy, grabbing him and pulling him inside the house.

"Oh God----Are they killing each other?" He asked at the boy while pointing outside, the boy seemed surprised since Jiyong was half excited and half scared.

"You can't talk?" He looked at younger and the tiny boy nodded, pointing at his mouth and making some signs Jiyong didn't really understand.

"Did you see the doctor? He came here yesterday and--" The boy grabbed his hand as he pulled him outside and Jiyong just followed him, smiling as they kept hearing the shots, Youngbae would kill him for smiling at that.

"He's here?" Jiyong pointed at the building and the boy nodded, letting his hand.

"Okay, let's go." He said and took few steps but he saw the boy standing. "You are not coming? Why?" He looked at him softly cause the boy seemed really young and innocent, he was probably here just because he couldn't talk.

"Are you sure?" He asked again and the boy nodded with a smile, walking back as Jiyong sighed.He was pretty excited about coming there but suddenly the boy made him realize it wasn't so magical at all.

"No----No!" Daesung yelled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter