This Is Weird.

Story Of Us

The next weeks, everything happen as usual, but there is something wrong.

All the students have a check up on their eyes and ears whether they were looking at something real.

Taeyeon and Wooyoung aren't fighting and if they did, not as crazy as before.

Both tried not to smile at each other or even a greet.

Well, after pretending in front of Wooyoung's mom, Nicole wants to meet Taeyeon as much as she can and so she has to spent almost all her time with Nicole. And with that, the hate that was in her heart slowly disappear, even if she doesn't want to let him know.

But still, on one fine day, a scream cross the hallway.

“JANG WOOYOUNG!” Taeyeon shrieked as she walked out from the class furiously.

The guy called Wooyoung has ran away.

“What did he do?” Tiffany asked.

“My notebook!” Taeyeon screamed. “He borrowed—” She stopped. No one knows she has been talking to him nor he has borrowed anything from her. She almost leak out her deepest secret.

“He borrowed…?” Tiffany looked at Taeyeon curiously. “He borrowed something from you? How can I not know?”

“No!” Taeyeon quickly snapped. “He didn’t borrow anything from me. He took it and drew something on it!”

Tiffany nodded her head in knowing. Then her expression changes as she clapped, “How about we have girls’ day out today?!”

Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows. “Today?”

“Yes!” Tiffany’s eyes gleaming with anticipation. “It has been so long already since the last time we went to shop together!”

That’s right… but I have promised Wooyoung’s mom that I will come today to help her in her art studio…“I don’t think I can, Fany,” Taeyeon replied with sorry expression.

“What is it that make you have no time for your friends, Taeng?” Tiffany asked curtly.

“Usually, if a friend started to stop going out with her friend, it means they have someone else to encounter.” Jessica said emotionlessly.

“Sica, please don’t make it complicated for us, okay?” Taeyeon glared at the cold girl.

“I’m just saying,” The girl shrugged as she read her book.

“But, Taeng, what Sica said is right. You have not went out with us for the past few weeks.” Sunny complained.

“I have a thing to do, that’s why.” Taeyeon said, ending the conversation. “I really wish to go shop with you guys too, but I just can’t for today.”

“Fine.” Tiffany sighed. “Call me when you can,” She gave a sincere smile.

 

“You have no idea how much time I spent with your mom, Wooyoung,” Taeyeon complaint.

“You don’t like it? Being with my mom? She’s gonna hurt if she finds out.” Wooyoung retorted.

“I love being with your mom.” Taeyeon stated, hoping she knows where the conversation lead. “It’s just that, I had no time for my friends and they had been suspecting things. You sure don’t want this ‘relationship’ being leak out, right?”

A pang came to Wooyoung’s heart. “Well, yeah, of course,” He lied.

What the hell is happening with my heart?

“Are you okay?” Taeyeon asked, looking at Wooyoung’s face.

“Totally fine,” He lied. “What does my mom want from you today?”

“She said she has planned to teach me cook your favorite foods.” Taeyeon said as she thought, not like I care. Okay, fine, maybe I care a bit. She smiled to herself a bit, not wanting him to look at her secretive smile.

“So, what do you say about your time with your friends?”

“I was just saying that I’ll tell your mom that I’m going with my friends tomorrow. Girls’ day out. I don’t really have time with my friends since my time was occupied by your mom.”

“You hate my mom?” He frowned.

“Oh no! I might have hate you, but not your mom! She was definitely the kindest person come to me, after my parents.” She said with eyes gleaming happily. “Though… I’m a bit sad for lying to your mom.”

“Sorry for bringing this mess to you,” He joked.

“You should be,” She waved her hands in front of him, giggling.

They found themselves in awkwardness and both thinking the same:

This is weird!

Why do I feel good, scratch that, not bad being with him?

Man, I shouldn’t feel anything towards her!

Both looking at each other nervously, before faking smile, and turned away awkwardly.

Does my face flushed?– Taeyeon thought, feeling the heated cheeks of her.

Am I just turned away from a girl? I never did this!– Wooyoung thought, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

The car has never felt something tenser than this kind of situation before.

“Don’t you feel the care get hotter?” Wooyoung blurted out as he mentally smacked himself. What word did you just use, Wooyoung ah? Are you crazy? Do you need to smack yourself using wall?

“Eh…” Taeyeon flustered, didn’t know how to say a word without screwing the situation any further. “We reach your house!” Taeyeon screamed happily. She never feels happier than ever before. She just want to get out from the car before any other screwed things happen.

“I’ll park my car. You get in first.” He stated as he drove his car to park.

Taeyeon knocked the door few times before Nicole showed up with a frown.

“I’m really sorry, Taeyeon-ah. But Omoni needs to do some files!” Nicole cried.

Taeyeon’s heart smiled. She can call Tiffany now! But before that, she fakes a frown and said, “Nah, Omoni’s work is more important right now. We can learn cooking any other times.”

“Are you sure?”

Taeyeon nodded her head softly.

“Then I’ll tell Woo to bring you home.”

Taeyeon shook her head. “Ania, he needs to drive Omoni to work.”

“You’re such a sweet girl,” Nicole beamed. “But don’t worry, I have driver to drive me!” And Nicole went away. She saw her son and waved. “Take a good care of your girlfriend!” She shouted.

Few passerby looked at Wooyoung then Taeyeon, who were standing at the doorway.

Taeyeon face-palmed herself. Even though she likes Nicole, but that just embarrassing.

“Where is my mom going?” Wooyoung asked. His hand inside his pocket and he is walking towards Taeyeon.

“Works.” Taeyeon casually replied. “I’ll call Tiffany now, would you mind?” Taeyeon asked, gesturing Wooyoung to go somewhere else instead in front of her.

He scratched his head awkwardly before taking a few step back.

After five or more minutes, Taeyeon ended the call and walked away. “Eh… bye.”  She mumbled, glancing one last time at Wooyoung.

“Where are you going?” Wooyoung asked, wondering why Taeyeon goes away.

“I will go shopping with Tiffany today. Girls’ day out.” Taeyeon gave him a smile, that Wooyoung now think as the most beautiful smile he had ever seen. Crap. What the hell am I thinking about?

As she began to walk away, he stopped her.

“I’ll drive you there.” He offered.

“Eh…” Taeyeon spaced out.

“I mean no harm,” He assured. “I just want to thank you that you didn’t mad because I waste your time.” What. The. !? Where the hell that excused come from?! But he knows that he didn’t like it if she goes alone.

She blinked a few times before nodding her head. “Sure.”

They go to his car and he drove her to the mall.