Chap 2

With or without memory you stay the same

I want to apologize again for the wait and the length of the chapter. It is really short and I apologize. I had a hard time writing it, wanting to move on. But I did not want this chapter to be botched. I hope the next chapter will be more interesting.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, when Myungsoo was up, Sungyeol was still sleeping. The youngest his hair affectionately before leaving. Indeed, he had planned to go to Woohyun, his boyfriend's best friend, to try to get some clarification on the situation. The day before, he had called him and was surprised that Woohyun had agreed to meet him the next day. Nevertheless, he did not take offense. He quickly found the other boy in a cafe not far from Myungsoo's apartment. -It's weird to see you alone. I am now used to seeing you with Sungyeol. Woohyun pointed out when he saw him sitting in front of him. But I conclude that if you're alone it's about him?

-Yeah ... It acts oddly it's the last time. I thought to myself that since you were his best friend and that you've known him for a long time, maybe you could enlighten me on the situation in which I find myself?

-Eh? Go tell me what happened.

Myungsoo explained to him what had happened, starting with his morbid nightmares and then the episode of the black horse. Woohyun looked pensive when he finished his story.

-Indeed it's a little weird… But if I remember correctly the first time we met, Sungyeol seems like he doesn't even know his name so maybe he lost a part of his memory and this is the result of that. And during at least one year he goes to the hospital every week. And when he came back to his house, he stays stuck to his mother and never wants to leave her side.

-Really? I didn't know that…

-I think if you want some answers you need to go to see Sungyeol’s mother. I'm pretty sure she can help you.

-I see… thanks Woohyun.

-No problem.

And the youngest left the cafe looking even more pensive. He did not see how to approach the subject with his boyfriend's mother. He did not know if it was a good idea. After all, it was Sungyeol's privacy he could not afford to recall a memory can be painful to his boyfriend. If he did, he would not be able to recover from hurting the boy he loved. So while thinking, he decided to go back to his apartment to see if Sungyeol was awake. He found him in the living room staring out the window. To be honest, he had his head turned towards the window, but his eyes seemed to fix an invisible point. The oldest must surely be lost in his thoughts. Only, when Myungsoo entered the living room, Sungyeol finally took his eyes off the window and looked at him.

-Hello Myungsoo. He finally said. You should have told me you had something planned this morning. It made me feel awkward to wake up alone.

-Sorry. I had to see someone but with the events of yesterday, I completely forgot to tell you. Lie the youngest.

It was at this point that Myungsoo noticed Sungyeol stiffening as he heard about the events of the previous day. He approached him gently and took him in his arms. The youngest knew that his boyfriend was very affected by all these events and he wanted only one thing to help him. But he did not know how to do it.

-I'm sorry I did not want to remind you of those bad memories. The young man apologized as he felt his boyfriend tremble in his arms.

-That's not it ... whispered the older, hugging the other boy a little more. I ... I'm lost.

-Lost?

-Yes ... I react to things or see them in my dreams and ... I do not know why I feel like I know them. To have seen them before, but ... I never saw them.

-Maybe it was memories that you have forgotten? Ask Myungsoo wondering if the young man would react to this assumption.

-I do not know ... I ... I do not know who I really am right now. If that happens... Maybe I'm not the one I think I am. If that happens I lie to you without knowing it and ... The young man started talking without stopping tears appearing in the corner of his eyes.

-Yeollie calms down ... You know even if you've really lost your memory I do not think your feelings or your character is a lie. Myungsoo explained in a soft voice, forcing him to look up at him with the same softness. And then with or without memory, you stay the same for me. You will always stay the man I love from the bottom of my heart. Right?

He waited until Sungyeol nodded his approval before hugging him again, unable to see the older man react like that. He had to help him and for that, he would go see his mother it was decided.