I'm a part of that

I'm a part of that

Here am I again, surrounded by people I know nothing about, in a conversation that I don't give a damn about.

Don't get me wrong! I'm not complaining! I am married to the great and wonderful writer Moonbyul-Yi, which I love very much and we're in one of the plenty parties in her honor! how can I complain??

It's just that... some days we're just like "leave it to be" and it's just a typical day, she's on her day off and we're home. I'm adjusting a new piece of clothing for my next audition and she's there, on a trip to the Moon World, staring catatonically out the window, barely even seems to be breathing! I take my camera and prepare to capture the scene and then.. she smiles, her eyes shining, her nose showing that cute wrinkle. Without a sound, a moment comes to life and I can only think of how grateful I am to be a part of that!

I excuse myself to the girls who were sitting at the table with me and go for a walk around the room, answering questions I've already answered before.

It's just that... the next day it's like it never happened. We’re making dinners, we're making plans and then.. she gets on the train to the Moon World. Circling the apartment, logging miles, handful after handful of Doritos and I'm seated there registering every moment.

And then I see her smiling in the distance in a conversation with other renowned writers. Her eyes shining. How can I complain?? Yes, she's insane, but look what she can do! Look what she has already done! And I am part of that!

As soon as she finds a free time she comes to me and we walk through the hall, she greets some guests here and there until someone of name calls her. She looks at me as if she's apologizing and I smile.

And yes it is true, I tend to follow in her stride. Instead of side by side I take her cue. True, but there's no questions, there's no doubt. I said I'd stick it out and follow through.

I excuse myself again and keep on walking through the hall until I find a free table farther from the center and I sit there watching the crowd.

And when I do.. then she smiles, and where else can I go? I didn't know, the rules did not apply.

She gives some excuse to the man she was talking to and comes toward me. She sits next to me and looks into my eyes, and she smiles, and nothing else makes sense.

And then she invents a new wonderful world for her next book. And I'm part of that!

I'm part of that, aren't I?