5B. On the darker side of things...

Til Death Do Us Part
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Say what now?" Chaewon asked in a voice so loud everyone in the café could hear her.

Yena tried to hush Chaewon while nervously looking around the cafe, nodding apologetically to the other customers. She said, "Chaewon, you promised you'd believe me!"

She tried to push Chaewon back down to her seat, but Chaewon pushed her arms away and stood back up. "You've got to be ing kidding me. Am I just supposed to believe that? What if it was just a dream? What if it was just a mere coincidence? Did she just throw away what we had based on a dream?"

Chaewon grabbed her bags and stormed out of the café. She went in thinking that she would be open to any reason that Hitomi might have had. It would have been better if Yena had said that Hitomi hated her so bad for catching her with Minju, or if Hitomi didn't feel loved at all. She could understand that, and she knows she can change that so their relationship can improve in the future. 

But a repeating day of her dying? That's just creative writing at best. For all she knew, it might have been Yena's means of messing with her. Hitomi wouldn't even think about such a thing, she was just too logical to make things up like that.

She hailed a cab and hopped in with one thought in mind: I need to hear this from Hiichan herself.

------

She got out of the cab in front of Hitomi's apartment and knocked on the door so loud that the neighbors would think someone was knocking on their doors.

The door opened and showed an annoyed Yuri who looked like she just woke up.

Yuri groggily said, "Chaewon-unnie, what the ? There's a doorbell---" 

"Is Hiichan here? I have to see her, " interjected Chaewon, not caring one bit about the girl who opened the door.

"No, she's not. Now, go home."

Yuri tried to force the door shut in front of Chaewon, but the visitor did not give up that easily. She overcame Yuri's almost nonexistent strength to push the door wide open and entered inside the unit. She looked at Hitomi's door and saw light coming in the small space below Hitomi's door.

"Hiichan!", shouted Chaewon as she ran to Hitomi's door. The light coming out from the room suddenly disappeared, which confirmed that someone was indeed inside the room.

"Chaewon, please. Don't do this to Hiichan! It's for your own good," said Yuri who was fully awake now. Yuri wondered what is it with this couple that they managed to rudely wake her up, and on her birthday too.

However, it did not stop Chaewon. She was ruthlessly attacking Hitomi's door with loud knocks and an occasional violent twisting of the doorknob, but it wouldn't budge. "Let me in! I need to talk to you."

After a couple of minutes, she took a few steps back and said, "Hiichan, I know you're in there. If you don't come out of there on the count of three, I'm going to break down this door and you won't be able to get your security deposit back."

"One." No reaction.

"Two."

"Thr--" Chaewon was about to go on a kicking stance when the doorknob turned and the door opened. Hitomi peeked out of the door, her eyes puffy and red, and her hair in a big mess. It was obvious that the Japanese girl had been crying.

"Chaewon-unnie, please don't do this. We've already broken up. I've given you your chance to be with Minju, so please don't make it harder than it should be," Hitomi managed to say in between sobs, but Chaewon did not bother to listen to her. The older girl grabbed Hitomi and put her arms around her neck and kissed her deeply. Hitomi couldn't help but respond to the kiss. She also wanted her girlfriend's kiss, her touch, her breath on her neck, and everything else. 

When Chaewon broke off the kiss, she smirked and said, "Yena told me a weird story about a day repeating for you and me dying. What a joke, huh? Hiichan, I know you can never resist me, because I can't resist you either." 

Hitomi was frozen in her place, unable to move a muscle. This scene looked familiar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter