Chapter 3

Rather be Unhappy

Chaeyeon

That morning, I help Eunbi packing up her stuff before we left the hospital. Too be honest, I still feel uneasy whenever she got close to me, i mean i've been liking her since forever but I'm too scared to confess. Moreover now she know me as her girlfriend and clings to me since last night. 

"C'mon eun, you need to let me go. I cannot finish this if you back hug me like this." I her hands that comfortably hugging me from back.

"No, i won't stop if you didn't give me my morning kiss." as she kiss my neck, making me chuckle a little. 

"Okay, okay." I turned my body to face her and peck her lips softly "There. Feel better already?" She grins and pull me up for another peck "Yes, i do feel better now."

-

After we finish packing, we took a short walk around the park because Eunbi said she didn't want to go home yet. I carry her back on my right shoulder while she clinging into my left hand like a koala. When we had our walk, i can't help but ask "Eun, i know this sounds random but do you remember the first time i asked you to be my girlfriend?" 

She stopped for awhile and trying to remembering it. Suddenly she grins and pinch my cheeks "Of course i remember that. We saw Avengers Endgame that night, i was mourning about Tony's death and out of the blue you suddenly asked "stop sulking, you still have me. Can i be your Iron Man instead?" that was cheesy, but of course i accepted it right away because it was you who's asking." She kiss my cheeks and continue to walk, i watch her back from afar smiling sadly after hearing her memory alteration story "She really forgets about you Sakura." I muttered slowly. 

"Chae, You're coming right?"

"Y-yes. Coming."

-

Flashback 

"Please you must come chae, what if things became awkward if she didn't feel the same? I can't handle that alone." 

"Will you stop nagging? She'll feel the same. Trust me." I said nonchalantly still focusing on the tv.

"No, you must come with me. I already ordered 3 Avengers Endgame ticket. You won't make one of them useless." 

" it. Okay I'll come Sakura." 

"Great, see you at 7pm." As she left my dorm. "Prepare your heart Chaeyeon, you'll probably get your heart broken tonight." I muttered sadly.

-

Eunbi was a crying mess after Tony scene, it's cute tho. She keeps muttering " WHY TONY MUST DIE" while Sakura rubs her back and i walk not far behind them. I tried my best to distract my myself to not looking at them, but suddenly i met Sakura gaze and she awkwardly mouthed "should i do it right now?" i nodded and gave her a reassuring smile. 

After i gave her that, both of them stopped their tracks and Sakura ask Eunbi "Stop sulking, you still have me. Will you be the Pepper Potts to this Iron Man?" she asked nervously can't look at Eunbi straight in her eyes. Seeing Sakura got embarrassed after the confession, Eunbi let out a soft chuckle and wipe her tears. "If you're being Tony Stark, me being Pepper Potts, then should Chaeyeon be the Happy Hogan?" 

Sakura is still on her panic state, looking at Eunbi and me confusedly. I didn't want to embarrass her further, so i answer Eunbi question "I'll be Happy Hogan then, I'll protect the both of you and making you guys happy" I tried my best to put my genuine smile. 

"But, who will make you happy then chae?" Eunbi pouts. "Seeing you guys happy is my biggest pride and joy. Anyway just answer her eun, Sakura is dying for your answer now." i winked to her. 

"Okay then, you can be my Iron Man kkura." She answered coolly. Sakura nervous face is turn into a pure happiness as she hugs her. She mouthed "thank you" to me and i reply by giving her my two thumbs up.

-

We finished our walk 2 hours ago, but Eunbi still reluctant to go home. So we ended up having an ice cream date. "You should go home eun, it's getting late. Your mom must be looking for you." I scooped my vanilla ice cream.

"If i go home then I'll be seeing you again tomorrow." She pouts cutely and i can't help to not pinch her nose.

"Hey, I'll text you goodnight and visit you early in the morning."

"Can you promise me that?"

"I promise eun." i make a "cross my heart" gesture and she laughs.

"Okay, i trust you chae." She peck my lips.

-

We arrive at her apartment at night, she still hold my wrist did not want to let go.

"You gotta let go eun. You're sleepy now, just get in now and get some sleep." 

She yawns but still holding my wrist "D-don't want to sleep. Want chae to come in too." she acts cutely.

I laughs at that sight "Since when did you become this cute and clingy? You're already in your sleep talk eun. Please get some sleep." 

"Okay okay, but one last peck please?"

"I think we already kissing a lot today."

"I won't get in then." I chuckle before giving her one last peck. When we pulled out from eachother, i heard someone suddenly speaks "Am i interrupting something?" I gulped recognizing who's voice is that.

"Since when the two of you become a thing?" She cross her arms and raise her eyebrows waiting for an explanation.

Before i can answer her, Eunbi suddenly ask "Chae, do i know this person? I feel like I've seen her somewhere but i can't remember her." She massaged her temple trying to remember things. That woman feel confuse seeing Eunbi act like that and looking at me demands an explanation. 

I hate being me on this situation. Not only Sakura, Eunbi erased Irene too from her memory.