Chapter 1

Rather be Unhappy

Chaeyeon

"are you a hundred percent sure that you'll be fine eun?"

"yes chae, stop worrying too much. The doctor said this "memory alteration" things will took a twenty minutes long, so i guess it will be fine."

"still, i can't help but worry you know.... Because if this thing didn't works as it should, they were messing with your memories eun. There must be a huge side effect."

"i know the risk chae, but at the same time this thing worth a shot chae. If it works then I'll become happy again."

That was the last words she said before entering that memory alteration procedure. God, this is hard even for me. I feel like such a failure.

Why can't she be happy with me being her friend? So after all this time i wasn't enough? Sometimes i wonder if Sakura was here instead of me, will she make Eunbi happy without all of this memory alteration crap?

But right now the question is, what will she remember me as if this process going well and if it's not, will it be a brain damage or what.

"god, you must stop the weird thinking chae." I mumbled to myself. Not long after, the doctor comes out from the operation room.

"so... How was it?"

"it's a success Miss Lee and remember just say yes to whatever she thinks what was happening to her or about anything she asked. If you didn't do that, the fake or real memories will collide against each other and it might cause confusion or something even worse than that."

i just nods nervously. "So, can i see her?"

"you can, she will woke up in a minute."

When i walk inside her room, she just woke up and looks confuse. Although the doctor said she was fine, i can't help but getting worried. 

"hi eun, are you okay?"

"uhh.. chae right?" I just nods and waits her to continue.

"And you are my girlfriend?"

My heart just stopped. I want to shook my head so badly because we are not but the doctor said to not confuse her. At the same time i already doing a research about this memory alteration thing and it says that "the patient brain will make the fake memories of something they think it would make their life good as the core memory". If that's true then Eunbi really thinks that being my girlfriend will bring happiness to her?

If Eunbi thinks that then i would play along. Although it's fake and i know it will crush both of our hearts someday, god let me make her happy for a while even if it cost me my own heart. 

"Yes Eunbi, I'm your girlfriend."