Start.

Stranger

Sakura, who was annoyed by the fact that her bestfriend Yena, didn't wake her up being the reason she woke up later than what time she should be awake for school.
 



She's currently texting the other girl how annoyed she is at her, and then she bumped into someone who seems to be holding things and also rushing.
 



Unfortunately, it seems that the other girl's things fell, so Sakura immediately helped her on picking up her things, and then she apologized while she was helping her and muttered "This is your fault, Choi Yena!"
 



She picked the other girl's ID before standing up and looking at the said girl.
 



Oh. Seems like our girl, Miyawaki Sakura, malfunctioned at the sight she's seeing and forgot to give the ID.
 



"A beauty....." is what she first thought.
 



Then she heard a chuckle. "Thank you, but I need my ID, stranger"
 



"Oh gosh, Did I say it out loud?" she thought again which actually she said out loud.
 



Then she heard a chuckle again "You are funny!"

 


Sakura scratched the back of her head and the handed the ID.
 



"Thank you, stranger!"

 


"Sakura"
 



"Oh?"
 



"My name, Miyawaki Sakura" she clarified.
 



Before the other girl can reply, a phone ring was heard, and then they both looked at their phone. It's was from the other girl.

 


"Nice meeting you, but I have to head first!" And then she started to run.

 


And before she can even properly function, the other girl was gone. She just continued to look at nothing, and then, ", I forgot to ask her name. Nice going, Sakura"
 



But what Sakura didn't know was, the other girl goes to the same school as her.



...


Sakura arrived at their school and the first one she did was to find her bestfriend.


 


"Choi Yena, Where are you actually?" she murmured to herself. Then she found her, but before she could even come near her, Yena already ran away from her.
 



"Yah! Why are you running?!!" She asked.

 


"Sakura! I did wrong! Please forgive me!" She's like this because she knows the terror when Sakura gets angry.
 



"For 's sake! Stop running away! I'm tired! I'm not even gonna do anything!"
 



"That's impossible!"
 



Sakura stopped running and raised her right hand, "I promise! Ah my lungs"
 



Sakura said the magic word so Yena did stop running and went near Sakura. "Do you need water?" She asked.
 



"Yes please" as she was clutching on both of her knees.



 


Yena then went to the vending machine near them and got water, then gave it to Sakura. She drank it oneshot before smacking Yena.


 


"Hey! I thought you're not going to do anything!!" She whined.
 




"Yes, I wasn't if you didn't run and tire me out! Damn, my lungs!" Yena then just scratched her head and pouted.
 




"The dance club summoned us earlier than expected that I even kind of panicked, Eunbi unnie is just so scary, you know? Sorry! I forgot to wake you up" she explained.
 


 


"It's fine, you can stop apologizing" she dismissed Yena which made Yena suspicious, this isn't the usual Sakura.
 



"Hey? Did something nice happen? You aren't this forgiving usually" she said squinting her eyes at Sakura but the latter glared at her. "All right, all right. What the, I was just asking" she murmured the last words.
 


 


"You're right, something nice happened" Sakura said then she started to walk, Yena then whipped her head at her bestfriend who's walking away from her who's obviously avoiding more questions. She then followed her.
 

 



"Sakura! Hey! Bestfriend! Come on, tell me!" She kept on rambling but Sakura won't talk.

 

 

 

Sakura didn’t even spare a glance at Yena everytime she would ask what happened earlier that let her go what would she have done to Yena for not waking her up in the morning, but her friend seem to not give up even when they’re already going home.

 

 

 

“Yah, you already kept me in the loop, at least enlighten me” Sakura just sighed at how persistent her bestfriend is, but she already knew she’d be like this anyway. So she stopped walking and stared at Yena, she wanted to intimidate her friend before she’ll give any information, it’s because she’ll get teased the hell out of her if her bestfriend knew what the reason was.

 

 

 

Yena gulped when Sakura stared hard at her, she knew she was in trouble. “Fine, I’ll stop” she raised her hand and pouted. Sakura smiled as she was satisfied of what reaction Yena gave her. She chuckled and then swung her arms around Yena’s shoulder, “Yah! I’ve been doing that a lot of times and you always fall for it!”

 

 

 

“Yah~~” was the only thing that came out of Yena’s mouth.

 

 

 

“A girl, Yena-yah” They both looked at each other after Sakura said that and the teasing grin that Sakura has been expecting broke out of Yena’s mouth.

 

 

 

“Oh~~ Yabainde!” and then she poked Sakura’s side. It’s fine, she can handle the teasing, how many times do you think Yena have anyway. They’ve been like friend for years and she’s already used to it that sometimes Yena would abruptly stop teasing because Sakura doesn’t care anymore.

 

 

 

“Right, it would be ~Yabainde~ if you wouldn’t stop poking me” She threatened her bestfriend that’s why Yena immediately retracted her hands.

 

 

 

“So what’s her name?” Yena asked her bestfriend.

 

 

 

Sakura shrugged, “I don’t know”

 

 

 

“Huh?! You didn’t ask for her name atleast?” Yena asked her loudly. “What the? Don’t tell me you froze and malfunctioned? Not right? That’s not the Sakura I know, you’re the one that makes people freeze” she rambled and then she widened her eyes when Sakura didn’t deny it. “OH MY GOD!”

 

 

 

“She was rushing okay!!” she explained and before they knew it, they arrived at their apartment.

 

 

 

“Now, I’m curious who that girl is, It takes a lot to make the great Miyawaki to stop functioning” Yena said which made Sakura pout, “What the, now you’re even pouting” it’s a rare sight.

 

 

 

Yena put her hand together and closed her eyes, “Lord can you please bring back my charismatic bestfriend back, I don’t need to see her be the whipped girl I keep on wishing before, I did wrong!” She said so Sakura smacked her head, and “But please before you fulfill my wish, I’d like to see her stutter and all when we meet the girl she’s talking about”

 

 

They both looked at each other before they laughed so hard, “You are crazy, Choi Yena!” and she clutched her stomach as it hurt from laughing so hard.

 

 

 

“I know, I know but we should head inside already, our neighbors would get angry! Open the door, the key’s with you”

 

 

 

“Oh right! Wait a moment!” and then she looked for the keys inside her bag but the keys weren’t there and her eyes went to Yena’s hand. “Yah! The key’s in your hand, Pabo-yah!”

 

 

 

Yena looked at her hand and then at Sakura, they laughed again because of how stupid they are. “We sure need to install an electronic door lock, next time”

 

 

 

“We’ll live outside this door at this rate, should we just stay here?” Yena joked.

 

 

 

Sakura stared at her hard again like earlier and flatly said, “NO”

 

 

Yena scratched the back of her head, “Such a bipolar”  she murmured.

 

 

“Ah, too tired!” Yena said while sitting down after practicing the whole dance routine.

 

 

 

“What “tired” are you even talking about, We just did the dance routine for two times” her friend told her like it was strange.

 

 

 

“Chaeyeon-ah! Look around” Yena pointed at the other members who are busy catching up their breath.  “You’re the one who’s strange, how come you’re not tired after that and looking very fine?” and exhaled air out loud.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon just chuckled. “How are you preparing for the exams though?”

 

 

 

“Exams?” Yena asked like she didn’t know that the exams were already scheduled. “Oh” was she said when she realized their exams would be happening in 2 days.

 

 

 

“Oh, of course” was what Chaeyeon said as it’s already a normal thing for Yena to forget anything related to academics.

 

 

 

“Yah, Chaeyeon-ah, what do I do? I didn’t like listen to our lessons at all”

 

 

 

“Hah, yeah, that’s very you. Why don’t you have your bestfriend help you study?” Chaeyeon suggested, but Yena looked at her like it wasn’t a very good idea.

 

 

 

“She really isn’t a good teacher, I’d die first before I properly learn it”
“She even told me this” She mimicked Sakura’s face and said “Don’t complain later when you have me help you review when you’re not listening”  , “So I listened but how the hell would I understand math with letters! Math alone is hell!” she said out of frustration.

 

 

 

“You want me to help you? But I can’t promise you I’d do good at teaching, there are things I still don’t get” Chaeyeon offered and Yena’s eyes lit up. “Yes please!”

 

 

 

“Where do you want to study then?” Chaeyeon asked.

 

 

“At our apartment, is that fine?”

 

 

 

“Okay, let’s go as soon as we finish here”

 

 

Yena calling…..

Yena: Sakura, I have a friend coming over, we’re going to review for the exams, Is it fine?”

 

Sakura: Yep, it’s fine, you forgot about the exams, didn’t you?

 

Yena: You don’t have to remind me, genius. Just play your games.

 

Sakura: *laughs* Fine! See you later.

 

Yena: yeah yeah *ends call*

 

 

“And we are set, let’s go?” Yena told Chaeyeon.

 

 

Sakura heard the sound of a opening, “Ah, they have arrived” she said and then continued playing the game she was playing. Her computer set up’s just in the living room.

 

 

 

“Hey hey!” Yena tapped her but she didn’t even bother to look at her. “Yah! Atleast greet my friend then!” Yena insisted, Sakura lazily removed her earphones and turned around to greet their guest but her eyes widened when she saw who it was.

 

 

 

“What is this strange atmosphere I’m feeling?” Yena said while looking at the both of them.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon chuckled and said, “Nice seeing you again, stranger!” and then she offered her hand for a handshake.

 

 

 

Yena slightly slapped Sakura’s cheeks which seems to be well, malfunctioning. “O-o-oh! Y-y-eah, Hello!” then she shook Chaeyeon’s hands.

 

 

 

Yena seemed to be grossed out watching Sakura. “Chaeyeon-ah, sit there, I’ll just get things we’ll use” and then she went to whisper, “so, Chaeyeon huh?” to Sakura and tapped her shoulder, “You can now continue playing, buddy!” and turned Sakura’s chair around.

 

 

Sakura wasn’t really playing anymore as she can’t focus on the game but she still sat in front of her computer, listening what Chaeyeon and Yena was talking about. She’s restraining herself to go and actually teach them as she kept on hearing them figure out what should actually be done.

 

 

 

“It’s fine until we get the function on the s domain, but if I need to transform it now to time domain, it gets super hard” Chaeyeon complained and then both were at a loss, they didn’t know that Sakura was actually looking at the question they’re trying to solve. She silently pulled a chair next to Chaeyeon and started explaining how the problem should be done, and Yena is actually shocked to see her bestfriend to be so calm at teaching. She took out her phone and started to take a video and captured some photos in the process.

 

 

 

“So, what you should do is actually factor out the number and introduce a correcting factor, in order for the omega you get is the same as the one on the denominator” Sakura explained and gave another example to Chaeyeon who seems to be getting the gist.

 

 

 

“Oh, that’s how it is, cool. So Yena wasn’t actually lying when she said you were a genius” and she blushed when she was complimented, her calm demeanor was like wiped out as soon as Chaeyeon became casual and wasn’t talking about the math problem.

 

 

 

Yena felt like she was out of place earlier and now she felt it more, as it’s really grossing her out seeing her friend be like this but as the same time it’s fun for her to see another side of her bestfriend. You see, Sakura’s the usual charismatic person who you could feel intimidated with.

 

 

“No~ it’s nothing” Sakura and stood up, “Aren’t you going to teach Yena?” Chaeyeon asked her so Sakura looked at Yena and then Yena looked at Chaeyeon, “Nah~ We disturbed her long enough” She stood up and pushed Sakura to her chair, “You can now play!” and then she went back to her seat, she just chuckled at what happened and then she heard Chaeyeon explaining how to work the problem to Yena.

 

 

Yena looked at the wall clock and it’s already seven, “Chaeyeon-ah, I think we’re we can wrap it up here, we’ll just continue tomorrow, is that fine?”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon nodded her head and started to collect her things. When everything was set,  She stood up and said, “So, I’m going. See you tomorrow”

 

 

 

“Wait, wait. Sakura will accompany you on your way home” Yena said and then Sakura who was sitting silently widened her eyes at her, but Yena just smiled at her and said, “Right, Sakura?”

 

 

 

Before Sakura could even answer, Chaeyeon spoke saying, “No, it’s fine!”

 

 

 

But Sakura already stood up, took some of Chaeyeon’s things from her hands, and went to the door, Chaeyeon just looked at Yena but she just shrugged at her. “Okay…. Bye Yena!”

 

Sakura let Chaeyeon go out first and she looked at her bestfriend, and Yena just grinned at her. Sakura then just shook her head and smiled at her before she completely went out of the door.

 

 

“Where to?” Sakura asked Chaeyeon.

 

 

 

“Let’s just walk for now, I’ll just tell you when we’re near”

 

 

 

“okay.. works for me” so they just walked under the moonlight.

 

 

 

“stranger” Chaeyeon called her out.

 

 

 

Sakura’s ears perked up and she whipped her head to Chaeyeon who was at her side. “You seem to like calling me that, instead of my name” she said.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon chuckled, “I don’t know, I like it when I call you stranger”

 

“Isn’t that supposed to be weird?” Sakura asked.

 

 

 

Chaeyeon looked at her, “Well, do you find it weird?”

 

 

 

“Well, surprisingly, I don’t” and then she smiled at Chaeyeon which shocked her for a bit because this isn’t the Sakura who was just a stuttering mess earlier. There’s a strange glint in her eyes that she can’t seem to fathom.

 

 

 

“How do you feel about it then?” She asked again, obviously fishing out some answers.

 

 

 

“It kind of feels special, I mean who calls someone you already know their name, stranger?”  

 

 

 

Chaeyeon stopped walking, “Oh, we’re here”

 

 

 

Sakura stopped walking too but she didn’t seem to mind what Chaeyeon just said.

 

 

“And, I plan to be the only person you’ll ever call stranger

 

 

Chaeyeon tilted her head, an action telling Sakura to continue what she’s saying.

 

 

 

“This seems fast and all, but would you like to go out on a date with me?”

 

 

 

Chaeyeon stared at her like how she stares at Yena when she wants to intimidate her friend, and this made her think, “Is this how Yena feels when I’m staring at her like this?” and she gulped.

 

 

 

She was soon relieved when she saw a smile break out of Chaeyeon’s mouth. “All right, stranger”

 

 

 

Then she kissed Sakura’s cheeks before heading inside their house.

 

 

 

Sakura just can’t help but smile while she’s watching Chaeyeon. “No, you are the stranger, my stranger”  

 

 

 

A/N 

So what do you think about it? hehe