Chapter 2

Of Reputation and Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At their room, Baekhyun let out a small squeal as she plopped onto her bed, body splayed out with a small, blissful smile playing on her face. Kyungsoo looked at her with a similar smile on her face. “You liked him that much?” Baekhyun flipped her body to face her, her grin widening.

“When he asked me to dance again, I really did not expect it; there are so many other prettier woman. But he danced with me twice! And he was so charming… his voice is wonderfully deep and when he laughs!” Baekhyun cut herself off with a blush. Kyungsoo giggled. “You also forget that he is tall. And handsome.” Baekhyun’s blush deepened as she buried her face in her hands. “Although I must admit that although his friend is handsome and tall as well, he lacks the amiable personality Park has.” Baekhyun sat up as she nodded, thoughtfully.

“Although I am not entirely convinced that he is truly as sullen as he appears.”

“I disagree. He always wears a scowl and thinks of himself as superior because of his wealth.”

“You’re not taking his words to heart, right? We all know you are pretty.”

“Yeah, well, he did not seem to think so. Not that it matters anyway,” she said hastily, before changing the topic. “So tell me more.” Baekhyun stared at her for a moment before continuing. “He was such a gentleman -” Kyungsoo laid on her bed as Baekhyun continued talking, still slightly bothered by his tone when had referred to her. She did not consider herself to be as blessed in the looks department as Baekhyun, but she did not consider herself to be an eyesore, and she certainly did not think she warranted the reaction he had given. Still, she reasoned there would be rarely any need for them to interact in the future and pushed it out of her mind, paying attention to Baekhyun as she continued to gush over Chanyeol. She smiled, happy for Baekhyun, as she laid down on her side, propping her head on her hand while teasing her sister until they both fell asleep, worn out by the eventful evening.

The next morning, Mrs. Do roused the two siblings awake, rushing to head over to the Kims’ apartment to gossip over what had transpired the evening before, as if the two moms hadn’t been doing just that throughout the duration of the party. With a disgruntled look on her face, Kyungsoo woke up and changed into a simple black t-shirt and black sweatpants. She couldn’t be bothered to dress to impress anyone, especially since they were close with the Kims. Baekhyun, on the other hand, wore a nice dark blue blouse with jeans. Kyungsoo nodded approvingly at Baekhyun’s outfit from under Baekhyun’s covers, having simply moved from her bed to her sister’s when their mom had woken them up. Baekhyun laughed before she tugged on Kyungsoo’s arm. “Come on, Mom’s waiting.” Kyungsoo groaned as she sat up, swinging her legs out of bed.

“Fine. It should be illegal to wake up this early on the weekends,” she grumbled as Baekhyun simply chuckled. When they got to the front, Mrs. Do tutted disapprovingly at Kyungsoo’s outfit but Kyungsoo shook her head even before Mrs. Do could usher her into her room to change. Mrs. Do sighed while Baekhyun just looked at her sister with an amused grin. The three went out and as they headed towards the Kims’ apartment a few doors down, they stopped short at seeing Mr. Park’s sisters. Mrs. Do immediately greeted them with Baekhyun who smiled amiably as always while Kyungsoo simply nodded, acknowledging their presence, and stated a plain: “Hi.” She then proceeded to look back at her phone, cap lowered, ignoring the glares Mrs. Do was sending her. Sensing the tension, Baekhyun quickly struck up a conversation with the Parks. “So what brings you two down to this floor?”

“We came to see you, of course,” Yoora said with a large smile. “And Kyungsoo as well,” she hastily added. Kyungsoo coughed, stifling her laughter at the forced inclusion.

“If it’s alright, we were going to ask if we could steal Baekhyun and Kyungsoo away for a while, but it looks like you guys are going somewhere --- maybe another time?” Chaeyoung added with a fake grin plastered on her face. Mrs. Do waved them off.

“It’s no trouble; we were just going to a friend’s apartment. I am sure it will be fine if I were to go on my own.”

“I can go while Baekhyun goes with you two,” Kyungsoo interjected, smirking at how Chaeyonung seemed to brighten at hearing that Kyungsoo would not go --- evidently her presence was not as desired as Baekhyun’s, not that she was complaining. Mrs. Do also brightened at this, ushering Baekhyun to go with the two sisters. When Baekhyun had looked back at Kyungsoo with an unsure smile, Kyungsoo made tiny motions urging her to go; she would fit in fine with them --- she always got along easily with people. Perhaps it was due to her calm and benevolent nature; either way, Kyungsoo was confident she could not be like Baekhyun and even pretend to like the two --- they were too fake for her. Mrs. Do, on the other hand, had other thoughts. Once Baekhyun, Yoora, and Chaeyoung had left, she turned to Kyungsoo with a smile on her face. “Kyungsoo, I must admit that I am surprised that you would have enough tact to slip out of that situation for Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo ignored her. Mrs. Do did not seem to take the hint. “I will admit that I was surprised that the two would come for Baekhyun, only just after the party, but I am glad, nevertheless, that they have some sort of interest in Baekhyun. Especially since being around the two also means being around Mr. Park.” Kyungsoo kept her head down until they reached Junmyeon’s flat. When they rang the doorbell, Kyungsoo sighed in relief at quickly the door was opened, quickly greeting Junmyeon’s mother before heading off to find her friend. She found her in her room, reading, and Kyungsoo quickly jumped onto Junmyeon’s bed before snuggling under the covers, as Junmyeon didn’t even flinch, already used to her friend’s antics. As she finally sat up to face her friend, meeting her frie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter