014;

Reunion

‟chapter fourteen

 


 

Yongsun watched her own reflection in the mirror in front of her - her hair is curled into the prettiest curls she has ever seen, a bouquet made from all of her favorite flowers in her hand, and she’s dressed in a white dress she held dearly to her heart. It’s their big day and everything still felt very surreal to her, that she had to pinched herself a few times earlier to make sure she really wasn’t dreaming. 

 

Her dress fitted her like a dream, each detail containing meanings only her and her sister knew, and that’s what Yongsun loves the most about it. Yonghee designed it for her as her wedding gift, and surprised her with it back during a surprise bridal shower her members and her sister planned for her. She remembered bawling like baby over and over again because the girls kept on surprising her that day, and later went back home with a very swollen eyes. 

 

Yonghee taps her on her shoulder, snapping her back to reality. Her sister smiles at her, and Yongsun could see tears welling up in her eyes, but she tried to pretend that she didn’t see it so she wouldn’t start crying as well. 

 

    “You look stunning.” 

 

    Yongsun smiles. “All thanks to you.” 

 

Yonghee only nods, unable to utter another word in fear she’d really start crying. She reaches her hand out to fix Yongsun’s veil for one last time, and quickly mumbles that she’s going to go outside and greet guests with their parents. Yongsun knows better than anyone else that she’s only escaping because she’d start crying if she stays any longer, so she nods, her own tears threatening to fall down just as much. 

 

A loud cheer erupts from another side of the dressing room, as Byul walks out in her maid of honor’s attire. Yongsun smiles as she watches Byul grinning from ear to ear while checking her own reflection out in the mirror. In contrary to what everyone actually expects to see Byul in, they both have decided that Byul can wears her maid of honor’s attire in whatever style she wants - a peach-colored tux and white heels. Her silver hairs are slightly curled, and she beams, completely satisfied that she was not forced to wear a long dress like how she’s been dreading for the past four months. 

 

    “That’s more like the Byul unnie we know.” Wheein grins as she watches Byul’s reflection in the mirror from the sofa she’s sitting on. “You know, she has been dreading about wearing a dress for four months.” 

 

    “She must have been really stressed about wearing a dress, she lost so much weight from not being able to sleep.” Hyejin jokes and the older girl glares at both them. 

 

    “Shut up, you guys. I haven’t been stressing about that.” 

 

But, the girls know better than anyone else that she might have did a few time. Yongsun really contemplated making her wear a long dress for today, but then she felt like it’s her wedding and everyone should felt like themselves in her wedding. She didn’t want anyone, especially the people she loves, to feel like they weren’t themselves in the happiest occasion of her life. Just because it’s her happiest occasion doesn’t mean she’s the only one getting to wear what she wants and be the happiest, everyone else should also be, and that especially goes to the girls who she loves with all of her heart.

 

Byul suggests they take a picture together to post on her Instagram account, and they happily agreed to with Yongsun in the middle. When their manager’s count ends at one, the girls leans in to kiss Yongsun on her cheek simultaneously taking her by surprise. Yongsun screams in surprise, trying to hit them with her bouquet when the picture comes out with the three of them looking good except her screaming with wide open. They eventually agrees to take an additional normal one, because it’s her wedding, we’ll  just go easy for her this time. But, Byul still gets another smack across her shoulder when Yongsun found out she really did posted the first picture onto her Instagram account as well. 

 

Yongsun stood behind the gate along with her dad and Byul. One of her arms is linked with his, while her other hand clutched onto the bouquet as tightly as she could. It was only then when she realized how nervous she had been this whole time apart from just being too happy for words. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, trying to ease herself from the worst scenario she could came up with. Yongsun’s eyes snapped back open when her dad gave her a soft pat on her hand, telling her that she’ll be fine, reassuring her that he’d be with her until he handed her off to Eric, and Yongsun almost wished he didn’t have to say that, because she knew how soft she could be at times like this. 

 

Byul was due to go before Yongsun. The younger girl walked over to give her a tight hug, telling her to take it easy and walk slowly when it is her turn so she won’t accidentally trip and fall. Yongsun nodded, and motioned for her to go. Byul smiled, trying to hold her own tears at bay before she took her place in front of the gate.

 

When it is her turn to walk down the aisle, Yongsun gathers all of her courage to look at the familiar faces around her, all of whom she loves and cares about deeply - her members, her friends, her family, her teachers. She looks away when she caught Wheein and Hyejin wiping their own tears, so she wouldn’t started cryinng with them. Her eyes instead lands on Eric who is standing at the altar in his sharp black tux. 

 

Although he tried to be really discreet about it, Yongsun still caught him wiping his tear from the corner of his eyes while he watched her, and something about that made her heart swelled in pure happiness. She had only seen this in movies, and wondered to herself what would it feel like to be so loved by another person that they’re moved to tears at the sight of their significant one walking up on the aisle to them, and never in her wildest dream had she ever dreamt of being loved this way. 

 

Yongsun tried not to look at her side of the family, because she knew her mom and sister would be crying in their own respective seats, so she tried to keep her gaze on Eric the whole time. He smiled at her, then walked up to her when she arrived at the altar. Her dad gave her hand to his, and gave him a pat on his shoulder. 

 

    “My daughter is yours to love and to protect now. I’ve looked after her and protected her all of my life, but you’re the only one who will be able to love and protect her for all of her life, and I have no doubt in that. I trust you with her.”

 

Yongsun sniffles, trying to hold her tears back as Eric bows his head, reassuring her dad that he promises so to do. They walk towards the altar together, hand in hand as they faced the priest - both anxious and excited at the thought that any second now, they’ll officially be husband and wife again, this time without guides and directions from the PDs, and without people thinking it was scripted. 

 

Both scrambled to face each other when they were asked to say their vows. Eric was the first to say his vow, anxiety washed over his face, and Yongsun smiled at him, trying to reassure him that it’d be okay. 

 

    “Yongsun,” He started. “I promise to love, to respect, and to protect you for as long as I live. I promise to be understanding and accepting of every circumstances, even when you complained and rushed me every time I tried to prepare a surprise for you.” 

 

    He paused and everyone laughed at that. Yongsun laughed, shooting him a playful glare. “I promise to always eat the seaweed soup you will make for me on my birthday in the future, to make it up for that one time I let my brother ate it instead of me.”

 

    Yongsun laughed again, a quick flashback of that period flashed through her mind. She remembered waking up early that morning to make it for him even though they weren’t even talking, she remembered him confessing later on that he didn’t even take a single bite of all of it, and she remembered Brian being absolutely confused when he found out that the seaweed soup and birthday cake were from her, and not their aunt. 

 

    He continued, “Yongsun, out of all the places I’ve been to, all the people I’ve met on my journey, you were the one for me. And through all that we have been through, ups and downs, thick and thin, somehow and someway, we made it here together. You have filled my life with joy, you are my best friend, my biggest supporter, the best partner in crime I could ever asked for, and this is my promise to you. I promise to love you, to encourage your every decision, to build my humor senses so I could make you laugh in your hardest time, to put you before anyone else, to hold you through the good and bad times, and to be loyal and faithful to you. From this day forward, I promise you will never have to walk alone ever again.” 

 

Yongsun wipes her tear when he finished. She lost count of how many times she has actually cried together, something about today just made her felt a little bit more sentimental and emotional than usual, but perhaps this was how wedding has always been - it just makes everything more emotional. 

 

Eric handed her his microphone, and she cleared making Eric smiled. Byul whispered to her to not clear , that she’s not performing on stage in an attempt to make her loosen up a little, and Yongsun almost choked on her tears at that. 

 

Geez, Byul.

 

    “Eric,” She stole a quick glance at him, before averting her gaze back to her vow. “You and I know how indecisive and rush I can be at times, but you have always been very patient and accepting of it. Today, I am sure of my decision to stand here next to you, vow to take you as my partner for life. I promise to support you through every of your decision, except maybe when you decided to have like six cups of Americano a day for every single day-” 

 

Eric bursted out laughing when she said that, and Yongsun blushed as laughter erupted within the wedding hall. She wasn’t joking about that though, she could be accepting of every of his other decisions, except that one. It’s not healthy to drink that much coffee in a day, and she really needed to do something about that.

 

    “I promise to honor you, to love you unconditionally, even when we disagree often over food, like when I want beef and intestine soup while you wanted tacos. When we first met, I never imagined that we would come this far together, but now that I’m standing right here in front of you, I couldn’t imagine choosing anyone else other than you to be my home for the rest of life. I promise to nurture your dreams, to shoulder our challenges together, to be your partner in all things, and to offer you love and trust in my whole lifetime with you.”

 

He was the first to put the ring on her, both of their hands tremble, but their hearts full when the rings fit around their fingers perfectly. It wasn’t anything fancy, they were never a fan of anything too fancy to begin with. So, they both settled on a rather simple silver ring with their initial engraved on it. Anyone could have been disappointed with their choices of ring, but both Yongsun and Eric knew their whole relationship matters more than the rings they’re wearing, and for all that they cared, loving each other until the very end was already more than enough to them. 

 

    “You may now kiss the bride.” 

 

    Eric leans closer to Yongsun, and she grins. In a small whisper with their faces only inches away from each other, she said “This feels like a déjà vu. Do you remember, you also leaned in to kiss me first when we first started dating, and you also caught a cold back then.” 

 

    Eric laughed. “You’re impossible.”

 

She giggled as he captured her lips in front of the people they both treasure dearly. It didn’t matter to them  anymore how much they had to suffered and endured back then to be here together, all that they care about right now was the fact that the universe has given them a chance to have the happiest reunion they could ever asked for. A big smile curved on each of their faces as they kissed - this was the reunion they have been desperately praying for every night. 

 


ahhhh, this story has finally came to an end. when i first started writing this fic, i was actually really tempted to make this a sad ending fic, but then i didn't have the heart to do it ;---;
thank you so much to everyone who loves and enjoys reading this story, even though i'm still lacking a lottttt. you guys have been so lovely in your feedback and supports that you motivated me to continue writing more and more. thank you so muchhhh, i had so much fun writing this and putting it up for you to read. and i'm sooooo glad to hear that you're enjoying it as well ;---; thank you once again, and i hope you'll have a nice day
♡ 

i'm also not sure if i'm going to start writing another ddongie fics, but if i have an inspiration to, i'd love to share it with everyone of you again as well. until then, i'll see you laterrrrrr. thank you so much for supporting and liking this fic, it really means a lot to me♡