012;

Reunion

‟chapter twelve


 

The corner of her lip curls into a smile as she watches Eric taking over the barbecue grill. She never really realizes it before, but she has comes to a conclusion that she loves watching him cook. Perhaps she loves admiring how broad his back looks while he’s cooking, or perhaps she loves how he focuses entirely on the food. Her members used to ask her before what was so charming about a man cooking, but she also had no idea what was charming about that too. It’s impossible to specify, maybe it’s something that they will eventually understand once they have someone who cook for them too. 

 

They are in his parents’ home in Atlanta for their once in long while vacation, and Yongsun is far more than happy to be escaping the paparazzi and cameras in Korea for a short while. His family is sitting in their backyard with them. The loud chatters and the somewhat loud yet calming ambience gave her a slight idea of what an American barbecue party felt like - she had only seen it in the movie and heard it from her sister, and Yongsun couldn’t deny the amusement that was growing inside of her as the hour passed by. His brothers were the only loud one, while his parents were rather chatting about something that she knew only the two of them understood but that was the whole point of having a conversation with someone you love. You got to have a conversation that only both of you understood and could laughed over together, even if others found it boring. 

 

Maybe it was the sparkly fairy lights around those tree, or maybe it was just her heart being unusually a tad bits confidence once in a while, but she was so tempted to just kiss him right there and then. But the cautious side of her brain stopped her - his family was with them and she still wanted to left a good impression on them. His parents would occasionally ask them once in a while, while they are sitting to eat together, but most of the time, they were having their own conversation and she was having her own conversation with Eric. They laughed over random things like how Eddie’s dog bit the bouquet and ran off before they could threw the bouquet during his wedding, or how Byul accidentally applied an actual clay mixture on her face thinking it was clay mask because Yongsun forgot to remove it away after recording a video for her channel. 

 

Her eyes landed on the happy newlywed couple, and they were laughing over a topic of their own just as they were but Yongsun wondered if perhaps the marriage made them felt something different. She was curious, everyone around her told her that they recommended getting married because it was strangely different in a good way but none of them could specify what kind of difference it was when she asked. Maybe Eddie and Brittany would told her the same thing, and for a split second she almost wished Eric and her were married too. 

 

    “Yongsun,” She startled and focused her attention on the spoken voice. Eric’s mom smiled sweetly at her like she always did ever since they met for the first time at his concert a year ago. Her eyes darted over her son, and with a mischievous smile that she recognized as the one Eric usually gave her, she asked, “Is Eric treating you well? Tell me if he doesn’t, I’ll give him a good beating for you.” 

 

    “Oh come on, mom.” 

 

They all laughed over that and Yongsun assured them he treated her really well. His brothers offered her a glass of wine and before she could reach her hand for it, Eric stopped her from drinking. She knew he was looking out for her, and she knew herself how bad she could be with alcohol but it was too good of an atmosphere to not drink. Reassuring him that she’d be fine, she reached for the offered glass and thanked him. Eric sighed in defeat at her, but eventually brought his own glass to clank with hers when she extended her glass for it. 

 

    He watched as she took a sip of the wine and grimaced afterwards. Chuckling, he said, “You’re impossible.” 

 

    “But, you love me.” 

 

    He raised his brows in amusement. Reaching his hand out to grab her glass, he said, “Alright, Yong. One sip is enough.” 

 

    She frowns, and gently pulls the glass back towards her. “One glass.” 

 

Eric sighed but he didn’t stop her either and Yongsun knew because it was pointless for him to even try because he knew how stubborn she could be. The wine was bitter just like any other alcohol she has tasted, and she didn’t understand how anyone could actually enjoyed alcohol but it was slowly getting addicting to her. She couldn’t stop bringing the glass to , and before she even knew it, she allowed Eddie to refill her glass for her and surprisingly enough, Eric didn’t stop them either. Yongsun guessed he’d just let her get drunk and tasted her own medicine for not listening to him.

 

She was slowly losing focus on what the conversation was leading to. In fact, Yongsun had no idea what they were all talking about. Her vision was slowly starting to get blurry and everyone’s faces weren’t exactly their faces anymore. She blinked and reached for her glass of water then drank the whole glass in one go. Her vision wasn’t as blurry anymore, but she knew she had enough wine for tonight. She sat silently as everyone laughed over a topic she lose track on, and she watched as Eric’s face brightened into the biggest smile as he talked with them. He’s beautiful, and she’s lucky. Really really lucky.

 

And she wants to marry him. 

 

Tugging on his shirt, she leans closer to him. He leans over to her and asked if she was okay, his hand wraps around her waist protectively just in case she falls off her seat because they both know the wonder her clumsy body could do even when she’s sober, lets alone when she's tipsy. She shorten the gap between them, their faces only a few inches away from each other and no one really seem to notice. 

 

    “Let’s get married.” 

 

Eric looked taken aback then he chuckled. Yongsun wasn’t sure if it was the alcohol she had or it was her last brain cell talking, but she barely hang onto her last second of consciousness to hear his reply before she fell asleep. Goodness, she thought, she was getting really sleepy. 

 

    His voice came off as a small whisper and he’s tracing her flushed cheek. “What?” 

 

    “Let’s get married.” 

 

    This time, he laughs again and gives her a soft peck on her lip. “You’re drunk.” 

 

She huffs at him then her head falls against his chest. Eric smiles at how fast she falls asleep with alcohol inside of her. Placing his glass down on the table, he wraps his hand around her to pick her up. Excusing himself, he tells them he’s just going to go to bed early since Yongsun falls asleep from having too much wine anyway and his parents are far more than understanding. After all, they know how lightweight Yongsun can be, but it was still amusing to see her insisting to drink.

 

Drunk Yongsun has always been amusing to him, but she has never told him anything of this sort but Eric brushes it away, thinking perhaps it was really just her drunk talking. She probably won’t even remember it when she wakes up. Placing her on his bed, he pulls the blanket up to her waist and plants a soft kiss on her forehead. He removes his watch and empties his pocket then decides to wash up. It doesn’t sound like a bad idea to retire to his bed early tonight. 

 

Later that night, Eric woke up to a stirring Yongsun who muttered a soft hi at him at 3 in the morning. He sleepily returned her back a hi and she cuddled closer into his arm. Sleepily, she muttered something inaudible and he asked again just in case she wasn't feeling too well from the drinks and was asking for some medicines.

 

    “Let’s get married.” 

 

    Eric blinked. Pinching her nose gently, he replied. “Are you dreaming?” 

 

    Yongsun shakes her head and cuddles into his arm. “I mean it. I want to marry you.”

 

     He blinks, trying to register her words then tries to find her face amidst the dark room. “Geez, Yongsun. You gotta give me a chance to propose to you too.” 

 

She breaks into a giggle fit and he follows. Eric still doesn’t know if that was her asking him in her sober state or if she was still dreaming, but he decides he’ll know by tomorrow, knowing how surprising she can be. He doesn’t mind getting married, maybe it’s time to really settle down now. After all, he’s finally found someone he wants to shares his forever with.