Her name was Sooyoung

Red Heels
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Okay, the final chapter officially, but thank you for those who did read and review, that meant a lot. And please enjoy this, I have missed writing Joyri much more than I realized. 


 


 

Each day she spent with Yerim made Joy think about life without being a call girl. A life where she didn’t have to spread her legs to disgusting clients for money. But a life where she could wake up besides someone she cared for. Someone who cared for her just as much. Being with Yerim was unlike anything she had ever experienced. Someone to sit and talk with about nothing and everything in between. Someone who cared about her happiness first and treated her like the most important person. Walking around outside with the heiress like they were some regular couple felt nice too. Eating meals together too, not only became comfortable. But something Joy in particular knew she looked forward to. Who knew this would be exactly what she needed? Who knew that Kim Yerim would be exactly what she needed.

 

“Good morning, Joy.” Yerim greets her as the younger woman sits down to join her for breakfast.

 

“Morning, Yerim. What’s on the agenda today?”

 

“Technically work, but I managed to convince my mother I needed to work from home. I….never mind.”

 

“What is it?”

 

They’ve been spending so much time together, and Joy has been opening up as much as she can with Yerim. She hopes Yerim knows she can talk to her.

 

“I know it’s not any of my business. But you’ve been able to relax and open up to me more as you’ve been here. Have you figured out what you want to do, yet?”

 

Yerim is referring to their conversation the other evening. It was the most honest Joy had been with someone in a long time. For someone who was determined to not make this thing more between them. Joy didn’t take into account how easy it was to start caring for Yerim. Especially after their talk the other night.

 

(Flashback)

 

Joy was hoping she would be able to slip inside the guest room before Yerim noticed her. She had a feeling that the heiress wanted to talk to her, and Joy felt those old fears coming back in force. Like what if Yerim hated her after she answered questions she didn’t like the answers too? Joy always calmed herself down because Yerim has shown no signs of doing any such thing.

 

“Your boss called you today?” It’s not a question. Yerim had unintentionally heard Joy on the phone yelling at someone, and she didn’t sound all that happy to be talking to them.

 

“Yeah, is expecting me back soon. I guess no one else is bringing in the money I do.” Joy shrugs and sips the wine that Yerim handed her.

 

“You don’t have to go back there, Joy. Is this about a debt or something, I can take care of it for you.”

 

The dark-haired woman focuses her attention onto Yerim. She has somewhat of an unreadable expression on her face. Before letting out a sigh.

 

“It normally is about a debt, isn’t it? Young girl clears her parents' debt by selling herself. But no, this isn’t about any debt. Just picture a younger me hoping to be a singer, with no options when she was starving and near homelessness, so hooker it was.”

 

Yerim flinches a bit, as if struck by sudden cold. She hates it very much how Joy talks about herself. Though, she isn’t technically wrong. It was still Yerim’s hope to get her to stop thinking about herself in such a negative light.

 

“Please don’t…”

 

“What, call myself a hooker? That’s what I am, Yerim. I know we’re being all normal and everything here in your apartment. But it doesn’t change the fact that I’m still a hooker.”

 

“You don’t have to be. You have the power too, Joy. He doesn’t have to hold you in a place you don't really want to be. I can help you, I want to help you. I’m not pressuring you to decide though, it should be your choice.”

 

Joy sips her wine again, then places it down on the coffee table. Normally when people say they want to help her. It’s a price of some sort attached to it.

 

“I’m sorry, I’m not used to help without a huge price attached to it. He helped me by getting me into this work and the money was great for a while. But it does get very tiring the longer I do this.” Joy sighs, and leans over on Yerim’s shoulders for a moment. A pair of strong but gentle arms are immediately wrapped around her.

 

“I do miss feeling normal and like a human being. You make me feel normal, Yerim.”

 

“I want to be here for you, Joy. I am not like everyone else, and I think you do know that.”

 

She did know that. And though it wasn’t as scary of thought as it had once been. It does still scare Joy.

 

Because Joy doesn’t want to hurt Yerim, unintentionally or not.

 

(End)


 

“I think that I can have all the courage in the world before I talk to him. But when I get there I lose it, and feel like that teenager in his office again. The one who wouldn’t or couldn't stand up for herself. I know that I don’t want to be just a hooker for the rest of my life. I also know that I don’t know anything else, and I don’t know how to start being anything else.”

 

Yerim gives a nod in understanding. She can see how clearly broken inside the woman is, no doubt to her boss breaking her spirit over the years. It is however, a step in the right direction if Joy is at least considering leaving that life behind. 

 

“I’m with you, Joy. No matter what happens.”

 

“I know, thank you, Yerim. Let’s maybe talk about something else. This is a little too depressing for the morning.”

 

“Oh, well…” Yerim stops, wondering if she should even bring this up. Ultimately, she decides that she will. She proceeds to tell Joy about this party her mother will be having on Saturday evening, and if she would like to accompany her.

 

“It’s all fancy and boring, but I could use a plus one.”

 

Joy looks amused. “If you wanted to ask me on a date, you could have taken me anywhere. I am looking forward to meeting this mother of yours. She will probably lose her when we tell her I’m your girlfriend.”

 

The fact that her mother will completely lose her if Joy introduces herself as her girlfriend. That does sadden her too, because it’s not like Joy is really her girlfriend. It would be said in jest and that does hurt Yerim’s feelings.

 

“But you’re...you’re not really my girlfriend.”

 

“I let you kiss me and touch my face where I would never allow anyone else to. You don’t think that’s pretty special already.”

 

Well, that was certainly true. For the days she has been here, Joy has been comfortable. She never flinches when Yerim touches her face, or gives her hugs. And there had been kissing, a lot of kissing. More kissing than Yerim had personally ever experienced in her entire life. A lot of the kisses Joy had initiated and sometimes even now she can taste those cherry red lips. 

 

“Yeah, it is but..”

 

Joy understood what she was saying, naturally. She wasn’t really her girlfriend, as technically Joy shouldn’t be anyone’s girlfriend, at least not at this point in time. She can be someone’s fantasy or desire for a short period. Never anything more than that. Again, with Yerim she finds herself wishing to break all the rules she has always known.

 

“Then ask me to be your girlfriend.” 

 

“W-What, really?”

 

Joy gives a nod and leans over to kiss her lips. “Ask me to be your girlfriend.”

 

She’s never said this to anyone before. The fact that she means what she says does worry Joy very much. Especially in the event she does hurt Yerim. She’ll try not to, and if being Yerim’s girlfriend is one thing that could make them both happy? Is it not better to be happy even for a temporary time than never having felt that happiness. 

 

“Will you be my girlfriend, Joy?”

 

“Yes, I’ll be your girlfriend, Yerim.”

 

And maybe she just wanted to live inside this bubble of sorts with Yerim for as long as she could. She kind of liked this, where it was just the two of them, in their own world inside of this apartment. Yerim didn’t think anything of it at first. She kind of didn’t expect things to change all that much. Only, they did change as in Joy became so distracting, more so than usual. By backhugging her at random times, whether it was while she was trying to work, or simply standing in the kitchen.

 

“I’m actually very clingy.” Joy admits to her with this playful smile on her face. Yerim kind of doesn’t know what to make of it. But anything was better than seeing Joy miserable or upset. The heiress had to admit that she was certainly happy here. She wanted that to continue.

 

“You know, I don’t have anything on me that’s super sophisticated. I could go home…” Joy mentions as she thinks about the party she will attend with Yerim. Truthfully, she has been the “date” to businessmen and a few women who wanted to show her off like arm candy. So Joy knows how to act in front of rich snobs and how to present herself to where she blends in among them.

 

“That’s okay, we can go shopping. I’ll buy you whatever you want.”

 

“That’s not necessary. I don’t want for you to start treating me like some sort of sugar-baby. I’ve been there before, and I don’t think I want my girlfriend splurging on me.”

 

“Even if it’s sweet and romantic.”

 

The somewhat cheesy way Yerim says that has Joy smiling. “Well, if it’s cheesy and romantic, then we’ll talk. I’m not going to say no to shopping, so let’s go.”


 

In the past, when Joy was given expensive gifts or taking on lavish trips. Those clients always treated her like a shiny new doll of sorts. Yerim didn’t treat her that way at all. She waited for her to take her time while looking around for clothes, and even gave suggestions without coming off as some sort of ert. She held her bags too as they walked around, all very chivalrous behavior. Joy could get used to this, being with Yerim, if she weren’t careful.

 

“What do you think, the black or the emerald?” Joy asks and shows her both evening dresses great for a fancy night out.

 

“I like the emerald one.” 

 

“Me too, I’ll get this then. I hope you’re going to be in some super attractive boss-lady suit, like the ones I see you in often. You do look very good in a suit, Yerim.”

 

Joy watches her blush just a bit. Yerim is really a sweet and innocent woman, no matter what the young heiress says. Another reason why she wanted to be careful with Yerim. Joy finished buying her clothes and some new shoes to match. Then the pair decided it was late enough they should go have lunch. They get to a restaurant and before they can even order. Yerim notices how uncomfortable Joy is. She doesn’t even have to ask because it’s due to some man in an expensive suit looking at her.

 

“Do you know him?”

 

“Yeah,” Joy nods, and doesn’t elaborate. 

 

Yerim doesn’t have to ask from where she knows this man. All the blonde hopes for is that he won’t come over to start a scene, as that’s the last thing they need. Yerim is about to suggest they leave. There are after all, lots of good restaurants they can go to. 

 

“We can leave if you…”

 

“Is this why I haven’t seen you, Joy.” The man speaks to her, smug smile on his face to the point Yerim would gladly like to punch it off him. “Hanging around with this young kid, at that.”

 

Joy goes silent, like she can’t even react if she wanted to. Yerim stepped in for her, as that’s what you do for someone you love. You protect and defend them when they can’t do it themselves.

 

“Back off right now, or I’ll have the cops on your so fast.”

 

He looks at Yerim with a curious look. “I don’t think you understand here, I have been paying good money for years to see this , and suddenly she…” Whatever he wants to say gets stopped by Yerim’s fist in his face. Joy is stunned as she watches Yerim deliver another punch. She can’t let this happen, not over her, and so she grabs the younger woman’s hand.

 

“Stop it, Yerim. It’s not worth you getting hurt or in trouble. Come on, let’s just go.”

 

“You’ll regret that, ing !” He screams, holding his face, though it’s not clear if he’s talking to Yerim or Joy. Right now, it doesn’t matter. Joy simply grabs her by the hand and leads her outside. She doesn’t let go until they are seated on a bench.

 

“Let me take a look.”
 

Joy’s hand is so soft as she looks it over, checking for the obvious bruises or bleeding. “You hit him pretty hard, I didn’t expect that.”

 

“I have a blackbelt and I do pilates.”

 

Joy smiles. “Remind me to not get on your bad side. It looks okay, I still think we should get some ice for it soon. You didn’t have to do that, you know.” 

 

“I wanted to. No one should talk to you like that.”

 

No one should, however, they do anyway. Joy wonders if this will be some sort of recurring thing, with clients she knows or ex-clients coming up to them and starting a scene. The last thing she wants is to get Yerim in trouble. For now, she decides to put it out of her mind as best as she can. They get back to Yerim’s place where the younger woman simply orders takeout and within an hour, if that much. Yerim is getting a call. Joy can hear her from where she’s sitting in the living room.

 

“No, I wasn’t hurt, mom. No, it wasn’t about business or anything to do with our company. Some random jackass wanted to start a fight with me, he was probably having a ty day.”

 

Whatever else Yerim says to her mom. Joy doesn’t hear it and when Yerim does walk back into the living room she smiles. Mostly to reassure Joy she’s fine. The taller woman says nothing and tells her to sit. By the time Yerim gets over to her, she’s being hugged. Joy sighs and rests her head onto the blonde’s shoulder.

 

“Are you in trouble?”

 

“No, I’m fine. Once my mom gets a hold of that guy, he’ll regret acting like an , believe me. Please don’t worry about me, Joy.”

 

She told herself not to worry. Yerim did seem to have everything under control. The rest of their day proceeded like normal. There was a bit of distance now, though. Yerim didn’t necessarily blame Joy for putting up a slight distance. She only hoped it wasn’t going to mean them losing all of their current progress. Yerim laid awake in bed that night for a long while, unable to sleep. She had too much on her mind, Joy, losing Joy, the party she was supposed to go to, the possibility of getting into some fight with her mother. All too much on a young heiress’ mind, and so she was about to get dressed and go for a drive to clear her mind. That is until she heard a loud scream coming from the guest bedroom.

 

“Joy?”

 

That scream sounded so full of fear and pain. Yerim got up and ran down the hall to where the guest room was. She opened the door to see Joy tossing and turning. She looked so scared, so much younger at that moment.

 

“N-No, don’t touch me. Don’t touch me.” She grips her fist as if she’s about to send a punch. Yerim’s heart ached for the older woman and so she moved to the bed, anyway. 

 

“Joy, wake up.” The shorter woman hugs her tightly. It wasn’t easy to wake her up. Joy still mumbled in her sleep and tried to get out of Yerim’s hold. That is until Yerim softly whispered to her that everything was okay.

 

“Hey, you’re okay, it’s just a dream, wake up, Joy.”

 

Pretty big brown eyes open, full of unshed tears. Yerim makes sure to hold back her own and focuses on comforting the woman she loved.

 

“Y-Yerim?” 

 

“Yeah, it’s okay.” she smiles. “You’re safe, it’s only a dream.”

 

It takes a few moments for Joy to realize she is awake now. That she’s not in that nightmare and somewhere safe. She leans into the warm arms of the younger woman and thanks her softly.

 

“T-Thank you, I’m sorry...I’m sorry.”

 

Yerim has no idea what she’s apologizing for. She softly kisses her brow. “Don’t be sorry, I’ve got you.”

 

Joy wants to decline that she’s fine now. She’s not fine, not really. The way Yerim holds her and continuously whispers to her that she’s okay, and that she won’t go anywhere makes her settle down. It takes a while but Joy is able to get back to sleep thanks to Yerim. There were no more bad dreams after that.


 

From that night on, Joy took to staying with Yerim in her room. They would spend hours at night talking, or Joy being held by her, plus kissing. A lot of kissing that always felt better to Joy than anything she had ever experienced. Yerim is just that careful with her, always making sure she’s comfortable. 

 

“Hey, how are you feeling?” Yerim asks her after they break for air.

 

“I’m fine, a little nervous about the party tomorrow. It’s been awhile where I had to put on a show for rich snobs, no offense.”
 

The blonde smiles and laughs. “No offense, taken. Not everyone will be a rich snob, I promise. If you decide tomorrow that you aren’t up for going, you don’t have to.”

 

Even if she wanted to stay here. Joy wants to be there for Yerim. She owes the young heiress that much at least, after all Yerim has done for her.

 

“No, I want to go. I’ll be fine.”

 

She told herself she would be fine. Joy kept repeating it like a mantra in her head, right up until

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter