Kai's plan backfires

Undercover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

The week passed with no greater incidents, except for some minor accidents involving broken china, food plastered onto the wall and papers flying around the factory. Kai had decided to leave only the non-dangerous tasks to his clumsy secretary and had therefore banished her to the filing room.

Krystal could not have agreed more as this gave her the perfect opportunity to search the financial records and locate the frauds. It was just what she had hoped to accomplish all week long. She'd wrung her head to come up with new ways to irritate the haughty Mr. Kim enough to let her stay far away from him. The man was a menace - always monitoring her every step and making sure she never did anything out of the ordinary.

In fact she had not planned quite as many disasters as she had been involved in. Some of them had just happened due to her nervousness of being watched all the time. She was used to being one in the crowd, wearing her grey coloured clothes and concentrating on her work. Here, she was always in the middle of the attention and she did not feel very comfortable with it yet. Still, Amber had warned her about it and said she had to get used to it quickly.

Besides who could ignore anyone dressed all in pink as she was today? The new clothes were all bright-coloured and supposed to give her attention. It felt like being on a masquerade every day, and she longed for her old baggy and comfortable clothes. At least when wearing her own clothes, none of the males were ogling her s or measuring her legs with their eyes. These days she could hardly meet anyone who met her eyes when talking to her. Most of them were busy looking everywhere else. Oh well. This way, none of them would ever remember her face after the assignment was over, she chuckled.

Even so, she had not had any luck in locating anyone or anything suspicious. And so far there had been no signs of any money going somewhere they shouldn't. From what she had gathered so far the business was well run and efficient -- well at least it had been before she had started working there.

She glanced around the room in order to locate more papers to inspect. It seemed she had seen through it all. But, what about that box in the corner? She had not checked that one yet. She bent forward over the other boxes in front. It was impossible to move anyone of them as they were far too heavy for her. Well, if she couldn't get the box to come to her, she had got to reach it instead. She stretched forward, bending from the waist and stretching her arm as far as she could reach.

Almost there. Just a few more inches and she would reach it. She stretched her arm as far forward she dared, leaning her entire body forward as she tried to grow the necessary centimetres life had not provided her with, and tried to maintain her balance at the same time. She stood on her tiptoes and that gave her the necessary centimetres to start digging into the box and rumbling through the papers. The position was a killer and she tried working fast before she lost her balance completely. Everything had been so much easier when she walked around in baggy clothes and small heels. The tight skirt prevented her from doing any climbing and the shoes looked far better than they felt. Fashion slavery, she grumbled. Oh well, she was not going to let such tiny details as tight clothing stop her from completing this assignment. She would rather lock the door and strip down to her before admitting to Sehun that the task was too difficult for her.

Totally focused on her task, she did not even notice the door had opened behind her and that a man had entered the room. He stood as transfixed and stared at the woman bending forward - revealing what was underneath her skirt in the process.

***



Damn that secretary of his, Kai thought while he roamed his starving eyes over the delectable figure presented to him.

She was standing with her back to him and all he could see of her was long and shapely legs in fishnet stockings, and a well-rounded bottom dragging his eyes in her direction. The pink colours portrayed clearly who the woman was and his breath hitched as she bent even further forward and presented him with a nice look underneath her skirts and shoved quite clearly her preference for lacy underwear -- in matching pink, of course. He really didn't need this troubling female around, he thought. But pink was quite nice, he had to admit. Especially on a well shaped bum.

He was suddenly wondering if she always wore matching underwear, and what she had wore underneath that red top she had used the day before. The top was cut so low she had almost showed off her s and he wondered if any bra could fit underneath anything that revealing. The thought was troubling.

Damn, but she had some really nice legs. He noticed the details of her shapely figure, wondering suddenly what she would feel like underneath him in bed or in the present position while he plunged his all the way into her welcoming warmth. This was definite wet dream material, he thought as he watched her stand on tiptoe as she leaned further over the boxes. He felt his respond to every movement she did, and he shook his head in an effort to clear away any unwanted thoughts.

He had better concentrate. He had never before been involved with anyone working for him, and he had no intention of starting now. This woman was his secretary for god's sake - and a walking disaster area. But maybe it was time to even the score a bit, especially after the week she had put him through. He had had never met a more troublesome female in his life and he wondered if she was deliberately making troubles or if the disasters simply fell naturally in her path.

He loudly cleared his throat. She jumped -- or tried to - and fell face first into the pile of boxes in front of her. A female shriek erupted from the mixture of papers, books and pink clothes lying in the pile.

"You!" she said accusingly. "Why don't you knock as any normal person would?"

"Need a hand?" Kai asked laughingly while staring down at her figure being revealed even more than before. He could almost see her s through the deep cleavage, and her mini-skirt had decreased into a 'micro-skirt'. Not that he minded the look, not at all. At least his troublesome secretary had one positive aspect - in providing a nice view. Now, if she could only learn to stand still and not touch anything, no more accidents would occur.

"No, thank you. I can manage very well on my own." She glared at him while she managed with some effort to get up on her feet again and started to adjust her wayward clothes.

"Well, I did advise you to dress properly for the job," he continued while laughing his way out of the file room.

 

***



"My goodness, how big and strong you are! I just love men that come with a nice pair of biceps." Her well practised high pitched voice was hopefully heard all over the office while her youthful and eager helper almost buckled under the large box. At least she hoped Kai would freak. The guy was a complete jerk.

"My pleasure," the young man stuttered while gasping loudly for his breath and watching her with those dog eyes of his.

"You are so sweet, Mr. Carpenter," she giggled and winked at him, another accomplishment achieved by extensive training in front of the mirror. Gee, how pitiful this was, she thought. Luckily none of her colleagues could see her now.

"Maybe I can offer you something for your help?" she asked him sweetly while flashing her eyelashes and showing her s forward -- just the way she had practised.

He visibly gulped while staring at her s again, and his blush was becoming more pronounced. It was nice to have some power for a change, she thought, even though this young man was hardly a conquest worth keeping, but still very useful for her cover. Maybe she would cook him some dinner when this was all over. Or, better not. He would probably not survive her cooking. She had better practise on someone like Kai, the jerk incarnated.

"No, you just keep your hands to yourself, Missy!" it came abruptly from a deep voice behind her. "Carpenter needs to get back to doing what I pay him to do instead of playing lapdog to every pink disaster in the area." Kai stared angrily at the young man following his mistress around like a pup in a leash. "Damn it, some of the workforce is acting like bloody idiots," he growled in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter