Secret assignment and y boss

Undercover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 1

Sehun's office



"Dress y, you say? What's wrong with this dress?" Krystal was practically fuming as her old boss and trusted friend, Sehun, gave her grey-coloured business suit a setting-down.

Sehun just grimaced and looked her over before answering. "Everything. It's mousy, grey coloured and ill fitting. It will not do for this specific assignment."

"Hrmf," Krystal answered. "What's my suit got to do with the assignment you want to give me?"

He paused before starting to explain. "I've just discovered signs of embezzlement in one of my companies," Sehun explained. "But, since I lack the proof, there is nothing I can do - yet. It would be your job to provide me with that proof, and in order to do that you need to go undercover."

"As what exactly?"

"As a secretary."

"You must be joking! I'm an analyst. What do I know about being a secretary?"

"Then I suppose you will have to learn a new trick or two," Sehun smiled. "Because I definitely need your analytical skills in order to get the proof I need. You would be absolutely perfect for the role." He studied her outfit one more time. "Well, as long as we make a few necessary changes first."

"What changes?"

"Oh, just some small adjustments to your appearance, that's all. I've already asked Amber to give you a hand."

"No way! Amber can hardly dress herself properly and you want her to help me? What sort of secretary am I portraying anyway? The platinum blonde bimbo-kind of a secretary slash mistress?"

"That would be perfect," Sehun interrupted with a broad smile. "No one will suspect you of doing anything suspicious."

"They won't suspect me of having a brain either."

"Even better," Sehun grinned at her. "The set-up is just perfect."

"So, you want me to wear some dreadful clothes and stop thinking for a few months, is that it?"

"More or less, yes."

"In that case you had better add a raise to my salary in addition to that promotion you promised me. Detecting fraud is one thing. Dressing like a is completely different."

"Now, now," Sehun interceded. "You will be decently dressed - only a bit ier than your normal outfits."

"Exactly how y do I have to dress?" Krystal asked suspiciously. "I detest heels and miniskirts for instance. And leather boots are simply out of the question. I would rather kill myself than wearing anything that dreadful."

"Discuss that with Amber, will you? We can always come to a reasonable agreement on this as long as you dress appropriately."

Krystal just sighed. "Just put in that raise, Sehun, and I will do what I can."

Her old boss just smiled and nodded, "I knew you would enjoy the challenge." As she walked toward the door, Sehun interrupted. "One more thing. Keep a close eye on this Kim fellow, will you?"

"Why? You think he's involved?"

"I'm not sure yet. But, due to large the scale of the embezzlement it's a miracle if he hasn't noticed anything. My bet is that he knows about the fraud, or worse: that he's the mastermind of it. Either way I need the evidence to sack the culprit."

"Okay, I'll see what I can do."

 

***



Later the same evening, Krystal was still pondering about the information Sehun had given her. She had wanted a new challenge but she could never foresee Sehun giving her such a strange task. He clearly suspected this Kai fellow and she

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter